4th February 2012, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

How to take admission in 4th year B.Tech in Civil or Mechanical branch after passing diploma in computer science and engineering?

i am passout diploma in computer sc. & engg. branch under scte&vt, orissa,but i want to take addimission in four year b.tech course in civil or mechanical branch in session of 2012-2013, yes or no ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  2. Mr. Ummend Singh Bhati Group of College is AICTE accredited or not?
  3. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  4. Can I do B.E. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering after diploma in Computer Science? Is change of stream allowed from diploma to B.E.?
  5. Do KSOU offer M.Tech distance courses?
  6. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  7. After btech want to be pilot
  8. Jobs in Indian Railway after completing B.Tech with 55% in Computer Science and Engineering?
  9. Can I get admission in B.Tech civil engineering after completing diploma in computer science engineering in government college
  10. Can I take admission in B.Tech civil engineering after diploma in computer science engineering in government college
  11. What are the various branches in B.tech courses?
  12. Detailed information and specializations available to study in Polytechnic course?
  13. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering?
  14. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Eligibility for Polytechnic courses? Centers in Trivandrum are for both girls and boys? Which field should I get a job?
  16. Which branch I can choose in diploma if I have scored 74% in 10th?
  17. Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  18. Can I get direct 2nd year post SSC diploma admission in VJTI in mechanical branch after passing 12th science?
5th February 2012, 08:52 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to take admission in 4th year B.Tech in Civil or Mechanical branch after passing diploma in computer science and engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am passout diploma in computer sc. & engg. branch under scte&vt, orissa,but i want to take addimission in four year b.tech course in civil or mechanical branch in session of 2012-2013, yes or no ?
hi!!

Dipoma course Can be done after X OR XII or after graduation but you cannot take part directy in the final year.so,first you need to understand that

"diploma course in any field is not equivalent to degree "

now ,you need first to take admission in the four year GRADUATION program in which you can get admission directly into the second year.

for entry directly in the second year of B.TECH You need to give " LEET exam" which exam is being conducted every year for students to get admission in the respective engineering colleges of the various states on the basis of rank in LEET exam

================================================== =============

Can I get admission after L.E.E.T Exam in branches like civil or mechanical being a diploma holder in computer science?

surely no;
as one can get admission in their respective branches only even after a degree .In your case you have completed your diploma and want to take admission in branches like civil or mechanical,so you can only apply in your branch either for B.TECH or after B.TECH if one wants to take admission in M.TECH then one needs to know his limitations.

example::
one can get admission in M.TECH program after B.TECH in case one is a graduate in either Mechanical or Automobile branch of Graduation .the same logic is applied to admission in B.TECH after completing diploma

================================================== ======
now,
if one as in your case wants to do graduation after diploma one needs to give LEET exam which is late entry in engineering and technology
for which one needs to fulfill the criteria

ELIGIBILITY criteia-LEET

-one needs to complete a diploma in any of the branch

-one can get admission on the basis of his/her rank in their respective branches.

-one age barricade.

-one needs to be all clear in diploma

-no pending supplee's or re'

-only can get admission through this exam in only his/her state

If one fully satisfies the terms and conditions for admission in B.tech through LEET then only one is eligible

NOTE::

One can not get admission after diploma in colleges like
IIT'S

NIT'S

BITS-PILANI

Vellore

how ever one can apply for private colleges

hope this helped.........

with regards
roknits
Attached Files
File Type: txt pdf.leet.TXT(25.3 KB, 90 views)
5th February 2012, 11:36 AM
prafvik

Default Re: How to take admission in 4th year B.Tech in Civil or Mechanical branch after passing diploma in computer science and engineering?

Hello my friend

If you want to change the branch in engineering then it is possible provided that you should

give and qualify either AIEEE or IIT JEE entrance or Orissa JEE exam .
5th February 2012, 12:10 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to take admission in 4th year B.Tech in Civil or Mechanical branch after passing diploma in computer science and engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

How To Join Engineering After Diploma

There is no such possible way in which you can join in the 4th year of an engineering stream directly in any college..

The utmost benefit you can get through your diploma is that you can get into any the 2nd year of any college directly by clearing the lateral entry examination of that college..but your stream shall remain the same i.e. computer science and engineering..you won't be able to change your branch if you take admission through the lateral entry exam in a college..

For taking admission through lateral entry in a college..you need to contact that college and appear for the lateral entry exam..

Once you clear the lateral entry exam..you will get direct admission to B.Tech in that college in the 2nd year..

There are various colleges for which you can apply for like :-

Thapar University, Patiala
JIIT,Noida
IMS Ghaziabad
LNMIT,Jaipur
Manipal University

and many more..

If you really want to join engineering that too with a different branch other than Computer Science then you will have to sit for the engineering entrance exams like IIT-JEE,AIEEE,etc to contest for a seat in any of the engineering college in India with your desired branch..

Your diploma percentage will be taken into account in place of your 12th percentage for appearing in this exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
5th February 2012, 12:34 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

It is absolutely not possible to get admission directly to the 4th year of engineering after completion of Diploma in any technical subject.

You can only able to get admission to the 2nd year of B.Tech. engineering courses through lateral entry scheme after completion of Diploma courses.

For this you have to apply for lateral entry scheme of an engineering college and have to clear the entrance examination in order to get admission directly to the 2nd year of B.Tech. in Computer Science and engineering courses only as you can not change your stream as in Diploma course.

But you can appear directly for the entrance exam like IIT JEE, AIEEE or any other engineering entrance and get admission to 1st year of any other stream other then Computer Science.
4th May 2012, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

If i will take admission for b.tech in private college after 12th then after 1 year can i will the entrance of ISEET or IIT-JEE
20th July 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

i am B.TECH CSE 4th year student after complition of my B.TECH can i do B.Tech in civil.
17th December 2012, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

i want to change my college after b.tech. 1 year . which college i should prefferd
13th June 2013, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

i do diploma in mechanical eng and i want to do btech in cse it god or bad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?