16th November 2010, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Which engineering field is preferable for girls?

In engineering which fields are preferable for girls?
Do private colleges actually give 100%placement???

17th November 2010, 12:57 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Which engineering field is preferable for girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for girls i think electronics will be the best field
and
yes private colleges give 100% placements if they recognized as deemed or they are in top most colleges in the region
17th November 2010, 01:35 AM
er.dellikannan

Default Re: Which engineering field is preferable for girls?

Quote:

ece , cse, it , e&i are the engineering fields which are preferable for girls
no, all private colleges are not giving 100%placement
17th November 2010, 05:07 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

in present world girls are moving their steps with boys means they are doing better in all field but the branch which suits the girls are computer science and it on top. then electronic communication and afterthat they prefer to choose electric and electronics. for your second question about giving 100% placement i would like to inform you that all private colldges doesn't provide 100% placement. there are only few colleges which provides 100% placement. this is just a way to attract the students toward these colleges.
17th November 2010, 06:46 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Hey There is also no such thing as best for girls....all are equal field and can opt for any branch of your choice..so donot think much about it.......
Yes private college do provide placement for that you need to ask the student of that college and have to see the background.......
17th November 2010, 06:51 AM
aks.

For girls..i think Computer Science is the best option..& as for private colleges...i can assure you that there are very few pivate colleges in india which 100% placement record..many students from many-many colleges have to go for off-campus..
17th November 2010, 07:50 AM
arsurya

Quote:
Now a days girls showing their talent in all the fields. However i think information technology is preferable for girls
. There is no colleges give 100 percent talent. They gives only advertisement like this.
17th November 2010, 09:03 AM
dency

Most of the girls nowadays prefer ECE. From that they can get a job from telecommunication department or from any software company.
Further all the private colleges are not providing placements.
If we study well and be a strong in all the basics , we can easily get a job from any companies.
Better study well and easily you find a job.
17th November 2010, 09:21 AM
rdas

in my opinion it is computer science engineering.
i think so that may be they have 100% placement.
17th November 2010, 09:26 AM
neethubobby

hey hi
well all the fields suit girls and they can take up anything provided they are interested in doing it.Particularly there is no such field that girls do not fit in,well mechanical is a tough field which girls normally find don select but its not that girls cannot take up that field.
you need to identify your area of interest and select an appropriate field.
placements-well that depends from college to college.
try getting into the best college possible
all the best
17th November 2010, 09:42 AM
nandha_vikram

Girls can study any engineering fields if she have own interest in that field..

most of girls have fear on working in fields ( like in sun light, or near to boiler, heat areas, remote areas etc.,) so, they avoid mechanical..

and they move to the field like computer science and electronics and communication and EEE and Information technologies like that...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If she have real own interest and hard work means she will succeed in her carrier irrespective of field
17th November 2010, 11:49 AM
lakveldi

Most of the Girls take B.E CSC and also in software field they prefer highly girls.So take B.E CSC u can easily got call letter form TCS,CTS and so on.
17th November 2010, 11:58 AM
Satwinderpal Singh Sandhu

Quote:
every field is equal for boys and girls if u are saying software and it is better
17th November 2010, 12:28 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

now there are no difference between girls and boys. every girls can do what a boys can do. so do not think that you are a girl and you are not suitable for every engineering branch.

but girls do not want to do hard work. they do not prefer mechanical engineering or civil engineering. if you think in this way then i will suggest to study on computer science engineering or in IT. because at the time of job you do not have to do much hard work. many girls choose these two field for their career option as a safe and secure. so you may choose it.

there are few private college in which they give 100% placement. you may go through the previous year placement documents of the good private engineering college of your state to know the details. but most of the institution are not able to give 100% placement.
17th November 2010, 12:39 PM
raja jeganathan

Post Re: Which engineering field is preferable for girls?

hey now a days girls also in the equal level with boys..
yesterday i get a news there are more girls are studying in engineering college compare to boys
the needs depanding on our intrest and aim...
but some department like mechanical,auto mobile ,civil,eee are so hard to work in a company & industry
other thanthat, biotech, aeronautic engg,IT,cse,ECE,are more suitable for girls
17th November 2010, 12:50 PM
nirmal rathor

for girls in my point of view, computer science, electrical and electronics eng. fields are very preferable.
17th November 2010, 12:59 PM
Jinu Alex

As per engineering fields are concerned, there is no limitations for girls in their course selection as i am a girl and i myself am doing mechanical engineering. But it depends upon the self interest, and courage to do something different that would lead girls to take fields like the mechanical, marine civil etc.
another factor is the family pressure and parents' choices...most of the parents don't want their girls to stand in heat and stress full areas and do jobs....so under such situations fields like metallurgy, mechanical etc have been looked upon as options only for boys.
but don't worry. if you have the caliber and the potential of taking up the different and unique route, then you would rock in any field you choose. as per placements are concerned, it is true that certain core companies would prefer boys, but if you showcase your talent and potential to them, i am sure, they wont let you off.
in general, fields like computer science, electronics and communication, electrical, applied electronics etc are taken up by maximum girls. but i have many friends of mine who have taken up civil, metallurgy and mechanical. and as per my view, go for government colleges if its tamil nadu as placements are comparitively high in them
so the choice is yours buddy. all the very best. whatever you choose, give your whole hearted effort and you would do well.
17th November 2010, 01:58 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Actually presently equal opportunity employment is every where.so do not under estimate yourself.You can choose which you like to prefer.but mst of the girls taking IT,CS,ECE,EIE like computer related stream.and they all like to placed in software companies.

all privet colleges are not give full campassing,so be choosy before taking admission to privet colleges.see the past placement records and talk with the seniors about faculty.
17th November 2010, 02:20 PM
rayasamharish

i think engineering computerscience as well as ece since they get easy job oppurtunities
17th November 2010, 03:27 PM
avinash0094

electronics branch is the best for girls in which you get about 100% palacement and good career.many private college offer this like vit vellore, kiit university, manipal university etc. thanking you..
17th November 2010, 04:54 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
There is nothing like a specific branch for girls in Engineering, but yes the percentage of girls in Mechanical is quite low.Nowadays girls can achieve what the boys can.
Choosing the branch should depend mainly upon your interests rather than listening to rumours.It will always benefit you in the long run if you listen to your interests.

And talking about the placements in the private colleges,not all the private colleges offer placements.So before getting into any college do proper research about the college.
17th November 2010, 06:39 PM
ksripriya

i prefered u to go for co-education where u will get support from the boys to get placement..
this really worked out for my friend. and i prefered u to go for a college which has good placement in last year.
17th November 2010, 06:43 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

"It" is the best option for you.

because unlike other streams mechanical, ece and civil your workload will not be high. Salaries will be fruitful. IT boom will definately come back.
17th November 2010, 07:06 PM

Dear friend,

girls are suitable for every engineering branch. But most of the girls choose computer science,Information technology and electronics and communication branches. Mechanical branch requires lot of physical work so girls generally not choose that. But above all choose the field in which you have interest. Girls are eligible for any branch of engineering.

many private colleges give placement to students but to grab a job depends on the student.Colleges invite companies to visit for placement drives but to get selected in that depends on student.

best wishes for future!!
17th November 2010, 11:23 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

All branches of engineering are preferable for girls except mechanical engineering. Because companies hiring mechanical engineering graduates are reluctant to recruit girl candidates since the job profile involves immense physical work.

No, most of the private college don’t give 100% placement. Their claim of 100% placement is false, just to attract students.
18th November 2010, 02:53 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Gender differences are not a barrier nowadays while making choice regarding career. There is equal opportunity for both boys and girls in every fields of study. It you are willing to take up any circumstance and be positive towards them, then any field you choose will be the right one. It is seen that girls prefer jobs which are safe and involves less manual strains. Therefore lesser number of girls choose civil and mechanical courses. Regarding placement it is always better to enquire with the pervious alumni’s as the data’s in broachers and websites will mostly be sugarcoated.
21st November 2010, 05:50 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey if your not interested in working hard then you can opt for computer science or IT field.

Now a days girls are streaming up in all the sectors but if your not interested in excess of workshops then you should definitely opt for IT sector.

all the best
22nd November 2010, 02:44 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Which engineering field is preferable for girls?

Quote:
I think, now and a next few years Information Technology or Computer science engineering or BCA has very demand and those are very suitable for girls.
Electrical engineering also be suited.
22nd November 2010, 09:55 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello,
i think for girls ,better you chose for core branches
EEE,ECE,ELECT.
now a days all the colleges giving 100% placement, but u should have the capabilites to get that .
if you are interested for software then go for CSE (only)
thank u ..
good luck
22nd November 2010, 07:11 PM
mohit brh

for girls i want to suggest you that there are only few bramch best for you which is given below like

Electronics
Electronics and instrumentation
electrical
electronic and communication
civil.
comupter science
22nd November 2010, 08:13 PM
helping angel
Junior Member+

Talking Re: Which engineering field is preferable for girls?

i think there is nothing like best field for girls or boys , it all depends on your interest , don't go for a field just because it suits a particular gender , if you do what you love or have passion for you 'll definately be the best in your chosen respective field . So, just realise where your interest lies and just go for it .... there may be risks but what is free in this life , we have to pay for everything we want or for everything we wish to have then let it be money or recognition ....so just do what you love and all the best .
25th January 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

why girls are prefering engineering as their career
30th January 2011, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

does instrumentation engineering require lots of physics, im poor in my phy but my parents want me to opt for it, please tell me how much of phy it needs?
31st January 2011, 12:28 AM
er.varunchawla

Quote:
cse is to be preffered for girls for their bright career.

the private companies don't give 100% placements it depends on your skills and not on the institute
31st January 2011, 01:51 AM
babydoll

Hello friend,
As we know every field has its own importance so it is very difficult to tell the best branch in engineering. The choice is depending upon your interest.
However, for the girls the best branches will be Computer science &engineering, electronics and communication.
Good luck!!!!
31st January 2011, 02:39 AM
diego
Banned

well for girls ... branches like computer science,IT, electronics,geology etc. make sense in fact they are the most popular choice...
As far as private colleges r concerned.. yes some do give 100% placemnets some even have more than 1 offer per student..ex BITS, ... howervr its generally not true.. do not go after advertisements... also who gets a placement depends a lot on the student.
31st January 2011, 12:24 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

I don't think there is any branch that a girl can not prefer because all the branches are equally good and can opt for any branch of your choice.Further all the private colleges are not providing 100% placements.In fact,there is no colleges give 100 percent placements.

Best of luck..
31st January 2011, 02:20 PM
someshgoenka

Quote:
It is a good thing that you want to pursue higher education and i wish you all the very best for that.
Look there is nothing such as a good field for girls, but yes you may say branches like civil and mechanical require you to do some physical work which may not suite you.
So you have various options such as Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, IT, Textile, Chemical.
Out of these, Computer science and IT are in great demand.
Therefore, i suggest that you may go for these two. Rest the choice is yours.
Ask your parents for little guidance.
31st January 2011, 02:26 PM
mishra245

For girls the branches are Compter science and electrical engineering.
and if you have to more knowledge then you go to the Civil engineering also this is always a very good branch and very more opportunity in the jobs field also.
31st January 2011, 03:20 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello!!

Girls can also do anything,but most preferably most of them take ECE,CSE and IT.
Private colleges aslo provides good placement but you can also try by writing AIEEE exam.

all the best!!
31st January 2011, 07:25 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

I think for girls , computer science, biotechnology, electrical are very good .But still girls are in every field ..so dont worry ..
31st January 2011, 09:36 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

In Now A Daya Girls can apply for any branch, but the better choice is Electronics And Telecommunication Or Electical.

So, According to me, there is no a Specific best course for girls If you are interested in a specific branch, Then it is the best branch for you because One can be the Best in Particular branch If He or She Study with interest. So Take the branch which You love Most.
31st January 2011, 09:56 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend ,

Now-a-days there is no difference between boys and girls.

So ,you must opt that subject in which you are interested.

Further, According to me CS(Computer Science) branch would be better.

Talking about instrumentation engineering , it require a lots of physics and as you have said that you are poor in Physics then you must not apply for it.

Best wishes !!!!!!!!!
31st January 2011, 09:57 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend ,

Now-a-days there is no difference between boys and girls.

So ,you must opt that subject in which you are interested.

Further, According to me CS(Computer Science) branch would be better.

Talking about instrumentation engineering , it require a lots of physics and as you have said that you are poor in Physics then you must not apply for it.

Best wishes !!!!!!!!!
31st January 2011, 10:08 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
All branches are best for girls but the choice of branch is as per interest. So i would suggest girls must take electronics and communication or computer/It branch for their convenient.
Although all the branch in B.Tech are best for all.
Good luck!!!!
31st January 2011, 10:17 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Cool Re: Which engineering field is preferable for girls?

Quote:
those streams in which there is not much mechanical work done are preferred for girls. you can go for computer science, information technology, biotechnology, applied science, or chemical engineering. but in my opinion, computer science engineering will be best for you as it is having very good scope now a days. computer engineers are recruited very easily by the multinational companies with very good salaries. also it is very easy to work with computer.
31st January 2011, 10:35 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend;
warm Greeting for the day;

Information Technology & Computer science Engineering i guess.If You take this group there's only mind power you need to rely on unlike the electronics branch where you need to handle heavy machinery.But i wouldn't like to influence.Girls are doing well and good in all the branches as far as i know.But CSE will suit you better.

... Also Earnings would be better in this than other. if they performed outstanding, definitely they will get a luxury offer.
if you will do from a Reputed college than you will get placed no doubt.

Thanks
31st January 2011, 10:51 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
The fields prefer for girls are IT , Textile & CSE many good private college give 100% placement in theses two fields of engineering.

These three are preferred because in theses trades their is no field work like in mechanical, civil & electronics & many more
31st January 2011, 11:22 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

A very few girls opt the career in Civil Engineering & the mechanical one.So if the girls really want to do something different then they must choose only that field in which there are a lesser no: of girls so that they can find out the most challenging job.As there is lesser competition between girls ,they can easily get the seats reserved for them.And now a days as the Metro project is lying everywhere in Metro cities so they can easily get a no: of job opportunities.
1st February 2011, 12:07 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

engineering field is preferable for girls

For girls. Computer Science is the best option..& as for private colleges..assure you that there are very few pivate colleges in india which 100% placement record..many students from many-many colleges have

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?