4th August 2012, 10:12 PM
Jasmeen sehmi

Which Entrance Exam should I give to become an Income Tax Officer?

gud evening sir,i m in b.com2nd year nd i want to become an income tax officer.nd i want to know about the entrance exam for this.plz reply me. . .

5th August 2012, 07:24 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Entrance Exam should I give to become an Income Tax Officer?

To become Income Tax Officer you will be required to appear in the entrance exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. Income Tax Officer in India works for the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) which is a department that comes directly under Union Finance Ministry.

The job of Income Tax Officer is to collect bring people to book who are not paying their taxes properly. Income Tax Officer can conduct raid at anybody's house on receiving any leads that suggest the person is not paying tax properly. It could be politician or even film star, it does not matter to the Income Tax Officer.

It is great honor to work for the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) as Income Tax Officer. As mentioned earlier you will have to appear in the Staff Selection Commission exam. Here are the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility:

Education:

A graduation degree in any stream would be enough.

Age Criteria:

The age of the candidate as on the July 1 of the examination year should be between 18 to 27 years.

Age limit for OBC candidate is 18 to 30 years.

SC/ST - 18 to 33 years.

The notification about the exam is first published in the month of April. Details about admission procedure and syllabus is generally published in the notification.

There are two stages of the exam. First is Preliminary exam and second is Main Exam. In order to become Income Tax Officer you must pass both written exam followed by interview.

Preliminary Exam:

The Preliminary Exam takes place in either May or June. There are total of 2 papers in the Preliminary Exam of 100 marks each.

General Intellegence and General Awareness

Arithmetic

It is important to pass the preliminary exam else you would not be allowed to appear for the Main Exam.

Main Examination:

Main exam is divided into two parts. First is the written test which is followed by personality test.

There are 5 papers in the written test.

General Studies

English

Arithmetic

Language

Communication Skill and Writing

Personality Test:

Those who have passed the written exam would be called for the interview.
5th August 2012, 01:24 PM
AZIM SHEIKH

Dear,

You have to prepare for an entrance exam confucted by the SSC (Staff Selection Exam).

In pursuance of the recommendations made by the Administration Reforms Commission (ARC), the Government of India decided to constitute a Subordinate Services Commission under an Executive Resolution.

The Subordinate Services Commission was established under Government of India in the year 1975. It was renamed as (Staff Selection Commission)

The Staff Selection Commission makes recruitment to non-technical group ‘C’ and group ‘B’ non gazetted posts in Ministries/ Departments, the attached and subordinate offices of the Government of India and the C.A.G and the offices of the Accountant General.

Eligibility criterie:-

Any gradute student with any stream can sit for this exam.

Age limit-
for general- 18 to 27
Age relaxation are there for Obc and sc/st.

The exam will be conducted in the month of april or may and will be conducted in three compulsary parts.

1.Priliminary
2. Main Exam
3. PI (personal interview)

You will have to passed all these three stages.

all the best
6th August 2012, 01:35 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

To become Income Tax Officer then you should have to crack SSC entrace exam.

Procedure:

Syllabus:

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?