30th November 2010, 02:22 PM

Exam rules and details of AMIE Sec A & B for Mechanical Engineering?

Please send me exam rules and details of AMIE Sec A & B Mechanical Engineering.

7th December 2010, 11:05 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exam rules and details of AMIE Sec A & B for Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Please send me exam rules and details of AMIE Sec A & B Mechanical Engineering.
Dear Friend
The AMIE is a professional certification given by Institution of Engineers (India).
One need to qualify Section A and section B exams conducted by IEI for this certification.
Minimum duration for this certificate is 4 years for non-diploma students and is 3 years for diploma holders because they are exempted from some papers.
The certificate is equivalent to B.Tech and is recognized by UK-NARIC.

Procedure of examination
First you need to enroll in IEI to take membership and then you will be notified the subsequent steps.
This year the winter 2010 exam for section A and B is to be conducted from 4-10 Dec.
The eligibility for the exam is diploma degree(engg), BSc and several others.
For complete details about the procedure you should visit the IEI website.
The links for application form, exam details etc all available on the website.
You can download them from the website.
The official website of the same is http://www.ieindia.info/exam1.aspx

Thank You
23rd February 2011, 05:47 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Exam rules and details of AMIE Sec A & B for Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
exam rules and details of AMIE Sec A & B Mechanical Engineering.
AMIE Details In Brief..
  • Intro:-
    • For admission to AMIE's engineering degree courses AMIE Exam is conducted by Institution of Engineers, India (IEI).
    • The courses of amie are equivalent to B.E/B.Tech which is under AICTE
  • Structure:-

• AMIE offer various engineering degree course in two sections – section A and section B.
    • Section A is further divided into Non-Diploma & Diploma Courses Like Fundamental of Design and Manufacturing, Material Science and Engineering, Computing and Informatics & Society and Environment.
    • Section B consists of Engineering Management courses i.e Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering ,electrical Engineering and Many More
  • Exam & Papers:-

Click here For Contact Address and Other Details.
23rd February 2011, 07:43 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

Default Re: Exam rules and details of AMIE Sec A & B for Mechanical Engineering?

hi

amie are equivalent to B.E/B.Tech which is under AICTE.
the main detils under

EXAMINATION DATES
The SUMMER 2011 Examinations shall be conducted during JUNE 04-10, 2011.

www.amiestudycircle.com/exam_prog.pdf (for complete exam scheme)

EXAM FORM FILLING DATES

Applications submitted during the period mentioned hereunder shall only be considered for Summer 2011 Examinations :
***Candidates not appeared at Winter 2010 Examinations

Feb.14 to March 21

***Candidates appeared at Winter 2010 Examinations

March 21 to April 18

EXAM FEE
Exam fee is Rs. 2000/-. DD should be in favour of "THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS (INDIA) Payable at KOLKATA.
EXAM FORM

Download exam form from thiswebsite.

For Summer Exam, click on www.amiestudycircle.com/examform_s.pdf

For Winter Exam, click on www.amiestudycircle.com/examform_w.pdf

For sample of filled up exam form,visit this website link

Click following link: www.amiestudycircle.com/examform_tips.htm

AMIE course in two sections – section A and section B.

Section A
Non-Diploma & Diploma Courses
Like Fundamental of Design and Manufacturing, Material Science and Engineering, Computing and Informatics & Society and Environment.

Section BEngineering Management courses
Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering ,electrical Engineering and Many More
best of luck
24th February 2011, 11:00 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

AMIE stands for Associate Member of Institution of Engineers. Simply speaking, it is an engineering degree course recognized by all State Governments, Central Govt., UPSC etc as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech.

AMIE includes the following subjects.

1. Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing
2. Material Science and Engineering
3. Computing and Informatics
4. Society and Environment
5. Mechanical science
6. Engineering Physics and Chemistry
7. Engineering Drawing and Graphics
8. Electronics and Instrumentation
9. Engineering Mathematics
10. Electrical Science

AMIE examinations are conducted in the first week of June and December every year. There are a lot of examination centers in India and Abroad. A student can appear for maximum 4 subjects at a time. Thus, a diploma holder can write all the 4 subjects of Section A in single appearance. Examination fee is Rs 1200/- per appearance (not per subject). The examination centre need be selected only at the time of submitting application form for examination.

OFFICIAL SITE:

www.amieindia.net
5th March 2011, 11:28 PM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Exam rules and details of AMIE Sec A & B for Mechanical Engineering
For admission to AMIE's engineering degree courses AMIE Exam is conducted by Institution of Engineers, India (IEI).
The courses of amie are equivalent to B.E/B.Tech which is under AICTE
AMIE offer various engineering degree course in two sections – section A and section B.
Section A is further divided into Non-Diploma & Diploma Courses Like Fundamental of Design and Manufacturing, Material Science and Engineering, Computing and Informatics & Society and Environment.
Section B consists of Engineering Management courses i.e Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering ,electrical Engineering and Many More
exam & Papers:-
AMIE conducts its Exam twice in a Year. Commonly called Summer (June Exam) & as Winter (December Exam)
AMIE includes the following subjects.

1. Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing
2. Material Science and Engineering
3. Computing and Informatics
4. Society and Environment
5. Mechanical science
6. Engineering Physics and Chemistry
7. Engineering Drawing and Graphics
8. Electronics and Instrumentation
9. Engineering Mathematics
10. Electrical Science
AMIE examinations are conducted in the first week of June and December every year. There are a lot of examination centers in India and Abroad. A student can appear for maximum 4 subjects at a time. Thus, a diploma holder can write all the 4 subjects of Section A in single appearance. Examination fee is Rs 1200/- per appearance (not per subject). The examination centre need be selected only at the time of submitting application form for examination.
OFFICIAL SITE:
www.amieindia.net

good luck
17th March 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

what is procedure for appearing papers in section B whether first clear compulsory subjects and then optional or what pl comment...
18th March 2011, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir
send the subject routine with date and time for section A
8th April 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,sir i am not fill exam form because i do not know the date of exam form .sir my registation date is 10/09/10 and quate reference no. is 100200819700.sir please help me .i am want to give paper in summer(june).
29th April 2011, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

amie section-a completed ,is eligible for engineering distance education or online engineering degree in any part of world
19th August 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

is amie equal to b.tech?
14th September 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

what is the section a syllabus for mechanical engg
16th September 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

my diploma educatoin is complted now i wish to do the amie.but i dont know what to do to start my amie educaton pls help me.
name
thilakanada
email
[email protected] and sugest one guys contact who knows kannada language(karnataka) to know more.
17th September 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

hi,
i am sukanya .i have complicated my section-A on summer 2011.
I want to appear section-B exam on this winter 2011.
please tell me the procedure for this
18th September 2011, 06:31 PM
avijo

i don't know what is my present grade because i have cleared A-section.So what will be the method to get my present grade & overall percentage of my A-section.
pls reply
19th September 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

my section b registration expires in winter 2011 and i had cleared my 2 subjects of section b. i want to continue. kindly suggest for renewal of registration procedure.
19th September 2011, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

How to apply section B examination
23rd September 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

I passed in section A just now, I want to take some details of AMIE Sec B for Mechanical Engineering. like how to apply,how many subject i have to face.etc.
27th September 2011, 09:37 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend

Dear Friend
The AMIE is a professional certification given by Institution of Engineers (India).
One need to qualify Section A and section B exams conducted by IEI for this certification.
Minimum duration for this certificate is 4 years for non-diploma students and is 3 years for diploma holders because they are exempted from some papers.

Procedure of examination
First you need to enroll in IEI to take membership and then you will be notified the subsequent steps.
This year the winter 2010 exam for section A and B is to be conducted from 4-10 Dec.

Thank You
regards
nagamalleswararao
27th September 2011, 09:38 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend

Dear Friend

Procedure of examination

Thank You
regards
nagamalleswararao
11th October 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Can i send Amie examination form by speed post? If not, please tell me what is the procedure to send the form?
11th October 2012, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

what i will write in amie exam form for sec-b candidate portion ?
16th March 2013, 07:34 AM
Unregistered

please send the brochure of AMIE for new candidate registration.
19th March 2013, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

I had given sec A exam in winter 2010. Now i want to know the result of that, what shall i have to do for this
16th April 2013, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

i have fourth sem kt solution but this year i am fail i want next year exam ?

if any rules second time kt sol ?
4th May 2013, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

give me some tips about section a whether how can i clear it at once
22nd November 2013, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

sir i have registered but not given sec.A EXAM IN Last year now i can give sec.A EXAM IN Next year
10th September 2014, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir i have completed diploma in mechanical engineering just in2014 want to be registered in amie plz suggest me with full details of amie registration
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?