14th December 2010, 08:17 PM
sagarika reddy

Exam syllabus of PGCET exam?

i am pursuing btech 4th year cse,i want to do mtech..........so please provide syllabus for pgcet entrance exam

15th December 2010, 12:44 AM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: Exam syllabus of PGCET exam?

Hello dear

Here i am providing you link to direct download for the syllabus of cse stream please visit the site and click the link computer science at this page

http://pgcet.vtu.ac.in/Annexure6_1.html

all the best
15th December 2010, 09:03 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Exam syllabus of PGCET exam?

Good morning
it is very good that now you pursuing b.tech 4th year , you can easily get pgcet exam syllabus by surfing www.pgcet .com site u can get your syllabus have a nice future good luck............
15th December 2010, 07:01 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)Exam syllabus for what Course in PG there are lot of them ,mention that, any way i will upload for Computer science

check it out,next time write your comment clearly

Best of luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 15892491-Computer-Science-Engineering-PGCET-VTU-.pdf(71.5 KB, 334 views)
5th January 2011, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

sylabus for pgcet for 2011 admission
18th January 2011, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

i have finished B.sc in comp maths and physics.. so which course in MBA should i prefer for betterment of me
28th January 2011, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

exam syllabus for pgcet mtech exam for e&c branch
3rd February 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MSc in Pollution Control in distance education . Them my query is am i elligible for appering the PGCET for Mtech?
12th February 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have complteted in my Degree(Computer science)course.I wants to do the Msc physics, please give me suggestion how to prepare the PGCET and also tell me syllabus for PGCET. Thank you
14th February 2011, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

pgcet ece ka syllabus kya hai?
20th February 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

whts the pgcet syllabus for EnC-2011...
20th February 2011, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

can you guide me through pgcet's syllabus for m.tech in biotechnology...
21st February 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

syallbus of pgcet osmania university for e nd ce branch
22nd February 2011, 04:33 PM
xavi

freind hi,

1. Mathematics

Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous

Linear/Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic

progressions, Binomial theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Surds, Determinants,

Matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations

Co-Ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid-point, Intersections etc.,

Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric

transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.

Vector: Position vector, Addition and Subtraction of Vectors, Scalar and Vector products.

Trigonometry: Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of triangles, Inverse function.

Probability and Statistics: Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events,

Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Random variable and Distribution

functions, Mathematical Expectations, Binomial, Poisson, Normal distributions, Curve fitting and Principle of Least

Squares, Correlation and Regression.

2. Computer Awareness

Computer Basics: Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input/

Output devices, Computer memory, Back-up devices, Computer Languages, Operating

Systems.

Data Representation: Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary and

Hexadecimal representations, Binary arithmetic: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication,

Division, Two’s complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers,

Normalized Floating-point representation.

3. Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning:

The question in this section will cover Logical reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visuospatial reasoning.

4. General Awareness

This section shall carry questions to test the general awareness about Business, Finance,

Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural

dimensions etc.

5. General English:

Questions on Grammar and Vocabulary.

best of luck
23rd February 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

is there any course for english language after M A
23rd February 2011, 11:39 PM
biswaranjan9

hi

syllabus is:
Textile Fibres: Classification of Polymers-Application of Polymer-Study of Various methods of polymerization –Study of various types of initiators –Techniques of polymerization –Physical structure of polymers-Polymer reactions-Thermal analysis of polymers; Study of different structures of textile fibres using various techniques-Study of different properties of various textiles fibres i.e., moisture relations, mechanical properties optical properties, electrical properties and thermal properties; History on origin of textiles – Study of different textiles fibres-Basic requirements of textile fibres Geographic distribution-Cultivation and grading of cotton, wool, silk and jute fibres –Physical and chemical properties of important natural fibres; Sequence of operations in conversion of important natural fibres into fabric; Study of different man-made fibre spinning –Fundamentals of fluid flow in man –made fibre spinning-High speed melt spinning-Formation of fibre structure during various methods of man –made spinning-Production of micro denier and special shaped fibres; Production and Properties of various regenerated fibres-Production of various raw materials for different synthetic fibres –Properties of different synthetic fibres-Effect of various parameters on various synthetic fibres-Study of semi-continuous and integrated continuous process for production of Nylons; Study of different high performance fibres; Study of spin finish –heat setting and drawing of fibres; Study of different methods of textursing and various parameters affecting texturising –Test methods of textured yarns; Study of different yarn count systems-conversion from one system to another system.

Yarn Manufacture: Ginning and Baling:

Blow room: Objects and methods of mixing –Opening and cleaning- Blow room machineries cleaning efficiency –Lap regularity –Modern developments –Auto mixer and calculations pertaining to blow room.

Carding: Objects –Working –Speeds and Setting –Grinding and stripping –Silver quality –Modern developments in carding-Calculations related to carding –Fibre hooks at card –Opening lines required for processing of various blends.

Drawing: Objects and Principles –Roller drafting systems –Modern developments –Calculations pertaining to draw frame.

Combing: Hook formation in carding –Study pf preparatory machines to comber –Combing process-Setting –Modern –Combers –Calculations pertaining to comber.

Speed Frame : Objects –working and drafting systems –Twist insertion –Mechanism of winding –Lift of bobbin-Bobbin building mechanism –Speeds and production calculations-Modern speed frames.

Ring Frame: Objects-Working and ring frame mechanisms-Yarns tension during spinning a yarn and package faults –modern developments- calculations pertaining to ring frame.

Doubling: Objects – Dry doubling and wet doubling – Fancy yarns – Hosiery and seing threads – Properties and end uses.

Open End Spinning: Principles of Break spinning – Comparison of ring and OE yarns – Recent developments in OE spinning – Different types of rotors and opening rollers.

Modern Yarn Production Methods: Twist less spinning – Self twist spinning – Wrap spinning – Friction spinning and air-jet spinning – Comparison of the above methods for their principles and yarn properties – end used and techno-econmics feasibility – Siro, core and cover spinning methods.

Fabric Manufacture

Winding: Objects – Derivation of speeds – coil angles – Cone angle – Study of modern winders Production Calculations

Warping: Objects – Study of modern warping machines – Production calculations.

Sizing: Study of ingredients – Properties – Modern size cooking equipments – Modern sizing machine – Production calculations.

Looms: Study of Plain tappet tappet loom – Automatic looms – Drop box looms – Dobby and jacquard looms – Production calculations.

Unconventional Weaving Machine: Study of Gripper – Rapier – Air jet – water jet machines.

Non Wovens: Classification – Web productions techniques – Properties of Binders – Geometry of Non woven structures Identification and testing of Non wovens – Study of thermal, spun bonding and spun lacing.

Knitting: Weft Basic stitches – Jersey – Rid – Purl – Interlock – Warp Basci Stitches – Pillar – Atlas – Tricot – Study of circular weft knitting machines – Advantages of positive feed – Study of warp knitting machines – Tricot and Raschel.

Chemical Processing Of Textiles

Pre-process: Preparatory processes to wet processing; An overview of wet processing – Sequences of wet processing – Desizing – Methods of desizing – Singeing – Methods of singeing – Batching – Souring – Bleaching – Mercerizing; Methods of purifying fibre yarn and Fabric made from other natural fibre like silk, wool, jute etc.; Methods of desizing – Scouring and Bleaching of regenerated cellulose fibre.

Dyeing: Coloration – Theories of coloration / dyeing – Factors that affect Dyeing Mechanism of dyeing – Mechanism used for dyeing – Classification of dyes – Dyeing of Natural fibres using direct, reactive, acid, metal complex, yat, sulphur, Ingrain dyes and other popular dyes using different methods – After treatments and testing o dyed materials – Yarn package dyeing – Dyeing of knitted fabrics – Dyeing of garments.

Printing: Design development for printing – Sources of inspection – the designers tools and work space – Different techniques for design generation and reproduction – Transfer of designs on wooden blocks, Screen and Stencil – Scope of printing – Methods and principles of printing – Machineries used for Textile printing – Passage of material through printing machines.

Finishing:Objects of finishing – Various methods of finishing – Cotton, Silk, Wool, worsted fabric – Chemicals formulation of different finishes – Machiners used for finishing – Speciality chemicals used for finishing – Finishing of Garments.

Textile Testing

Fbires: Regain – Length – Fineness – Maturity – Strength – their determination – HVI and AFIS.

Yarn: Yarn count – Twist – Strength – Hairiness – Uniformity – and their determination.

Fabrics: Fabric weight – Thickness – Cover – Tear – Abrasion – Drape – Crease – Colour fastness – their determination. Fabric Handle – KESF and FAST

Silk Technology

Cocoons: Sorting of cocoons, cocoon testing, storage of cocoons, stifling of cocoons, Drying of cocoons cooking of cocoons. Methods employed – Characteristics of cocoons.

Reeling: Methods of Silk Reeling – Charakha – Cottage basins – Filatures – Semi – automatic an Automatic types.

Raw Silk testing – Packing of raw silk – Utilization of by –products.

Silk Throwing: Manufacture of yarns for use in ordinary, chiffon, crepe, georgette fabrics – Number of plies and different twist levels used. Developments in Silk Throwing Industry.

Weaving Industry: Warp and Weft preparation – Machineries employed in small scale and organized sections. Silk Weaving – Handloom and Power loow Weaving – Special features of silk looms – modifications required on power loom to weave silk fabrics.

Spun Silk Industry: Raw materials for Spun Silk Yarn Production, Production of Spun yarn and their properties.

Processing Industry: Degumming and drying of silk yarns – Dyeing, Printing and Finishing of silk fabrics.

Fabric Structure: Study of plain – Twill – Stain – Crepe – Mockleno and Towelling structures. Backed cloths – Extra wrap and Extra Weft cloths – Double cloth Terry weaves - Velvet – Velveteens – Gauge and Leno – Damask Brocade cloths.+

Fashion Design and Garment Technology

Terms and Definitions used in Fashion and Garment Industries – The art and Techniques of Body measurements and standard sizes and measurements prevalent in Garment industries.

Principles and Practices of Pattern making – Grading – Computer Aided pattern making and Grading – Cutting room operation – Laying – Cutting – Numbering – Bundling – Sewing operation – Classes of seams and stitches – Sewing threads – Defects is sewing; Garment Finishing section – Buttoning – Labelling – Care labeling – Checking – Pressing – Folding – packing and packing standards. Quality control in garment Industry – Garments washing – dyeing and finishing. Brand culture and Apparel brand names. Sourcing and Merchandising – Apparel Engineering and Production Control.
24th February 2011, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Presently im persuing my btech final year in ece stream,please provide me the syllabus for pgcet exam for ece students.
24th February 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

when is the call for pg cet in karnataka? and what is the sylabus to environmental enginearing in M Tech
26th February 2011, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

PGECET CSE SYLLABUS AND PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERSS
PLS MY MAIL ID IS [email protected]
2nd March 2011, 10:46 AM
punith123456

thnks a lots
9th March 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

plz will u provide the pgcet 2011 for mtech (electrical branch) syallabus..and the format of question papers.
10th March 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i want pbcet syllabus for eee branch
14th March 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

How do i apply for M-tech?i'hvnt given GATE nor PGCET?
17th March 2011, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Good mng sir,i will be completed my b.tech in this year i.e 2011 by the month of may so i want to apply for the pgcet so i want to know he full details of pgcet so plz.. provide me the details of pgcet
19th March 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

sir\mam i m studying n 4th year e&ci need sylabus of pg-cet and previous que paper of pg-cet please send to my email id [email protected].......
21st March 2011, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Please can any one provide me a PGCET 2011 MTech syllabus for Comp Sci branch please.........
24th March 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

sir\mam i m studying 4th year e&ce i need sylabus of pg-cet mtech karnataka and previous que papers of e&ce of pg-cet please send to my emai id is [email protected]
28th March 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

PLZZZZZZZZZZ..,
I WANT LOST 10 YEARS ECE QUATION PAPERS FOR PGCET EXAM...,
29th March 2011, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

in pgcet exam maths also there?
29th March 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

syllabus of mechanical engineering in pgecet 2011
30th March 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i want pbcet syllabus for eee branch
and previous 3 years question papers
30th March 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

hiiii I have completed my BBM.I want to do MBA.SO pease give me the feedback regarding the PGSET entrance exam in bangalore.
my email id ------ [email protected]
12th April 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

i want syllabus for cet karnataka in mechanical engg.
31st May 2011, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

hi sir i applied for aerospace engineering i want syllabus for that were do i get
25th June 2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i would like to kno the syllabus for PG CET in electrical and electronics. and i have not taken up gate examinations could u pls tell me if there is a possibility of getting a seat in UVCE for power systems through only PGCET and also the range of the rank within which it could happen
27th June 2011, 01:22 PM
rupa shree.

Thumbs up Re: Exam syllabus of PGCET exam?

respected sir,i have applied for pgcet i kindly request you to sent the syllabus.
6th July 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

sir, i completed my btech ..i got 3600 rank in pgcet.i have a (sc) reservation so please tell me in which colleges i can get the seat...
6th July 2011, 11:46 PM
anuragmedari

hello sir..i have completed my btech. i got rank of 3600 and have a (sc)reservation so where can i get the seat..??plz tell me sir
8th July 2011, 09:21 PM
lokesh.L.R.

i need pgcet syllabus for E&C can any one give me the link
10th July 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

i need pgcet syllabus for CS can any one give me the link..
Please send it to [email protected]
11th July 2011, 11:39 AM
zarbone

sir/mam i just completed be(e.c.e) course and i'm planning to apply for pgcet so can you give me the sylabus for m.tech/m.e (e.ce), can you please mail me to my emal @ [email protected]
19th July 2011, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

SIR I WANT SYLLABUS OF PGCET-2011 MTECH FOR MEHANICAL ENGG.
1st August 2011, 02:37 AM
Unregistered

i want to know the which topic is more important for PG-CET.Istarted studying now so asking u .Please any one help me...
20th May 2012, 06:31 PM
prabhatranjan066

Talking Re: Exam syllabus of PGCET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi View Post
freind hi,

1. Mathematics

Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous

Linear/Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic

progressions, Binomial theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Surds, Determinants,

Matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations

Co-Ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid-point, Intersections etc.,

Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric

transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.

Vector: Position vector, Addition and Subtraction of Vectors, Scalar and Vector products.

Trigonometry: Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of triangles, Inverse function.

Probability and Statistics: Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events,

Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Random variable and Distribution

functions, Mathematical Expectations, Binomial, Poisson, Normal distributions, Curve fitting and Principle of Least

Squares, Correlation and Regression.

2. Computer Awareness

Computer Basics: Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input/

Output devices, Computer memory, Back-up devices, Computer Languages, Operating

Systems.

Data Representation: Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary and

Hexadecimal representations, Binary arithmetic: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication,

Division, Two’s complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers,

Normalized Floating-point representation.

3. Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning:

The question in this section will cover Logical reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visuospatial reasoning.

4. General Awareness

This section shall carry questions to test the general awareness about Business, Finance,

Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural

dimensions etc.

5. General English:

Questions on Grammar and Vocabulary.

best of luck
  • sadasfds
  • wrwqetet
  • afdstgfdhd
23rd April 2013, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

i completed degree bcom computer applications i apply for pgcet please sent syllabus for pgcet exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?