21st September 2012, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

GATE exam preparation study material for CSE department?

I need gate 2013 exam preparation study material for cse department

28th June 2013, 02:08 PM
keshavsudial

Thumbs up Re: GATE exam preparation study material for CSE department?

Enroll into a very good coaching center to full fill your dream. To get into IIT's post graduate program GATE Qualification is Compulsory.

GATE is one of the most competitive exam in India and to secure good marks in the exam you need to study atleast 12 hrs daily for 8 to 9 month without any gap.

You can find study material on Internet learning website portals of different gurukuls like

MADEEASY
ACEACADEMY
CAREERAVENUE
ENGUNEERS INSTITUTE OF INDIA
28th June 2013, 08:14 PM
suceela

Default Re: GATE exam preparation study material for CSE department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I need gate 2013 exam preparation study material for cse department

these are the topics that a COMPUTER SCIENCE student should cover for his/her GATE preparation.

Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).

Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface(Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage.

Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C; Functions, Recursion,Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.

Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity,Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming,Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees,Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching. Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds, Basic concepts of complexity classes -
P, NP, NP-hard, NP-complete.

Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines,Undecidability.

Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation,Runtime
environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.

Operating System: Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency,Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory,File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.

Databases: ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures(sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.

Information Systems and Software Engineering: information gathering, requirementand feasibility analysis, data flow diagrams, process specifications, input/output design,process life cycle, planning and managing the project, design, coding, testing,implementation, maintenance.

Computer Networks: ISO/OSI stack, LAN technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, TCP/UDP and sockets, IP(v4), Application layer protocols (icmp, dns, smtp, pop, ftp, http); Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers. Network security basic concepts of public key and private key cryptography, digital signature, firewalls.

Web technologies: HTML, XML, basic concepts of client-server computing.

start to study from your 3rd year itself. you have to prepare atleast for 2 yrs, so that you can get high score.
plan well and achieve your goal.
all the best..!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?