19th April 2013, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Are girls allowed to give NDA entrance exam?

are girls allowed to give the NDA exam?..please tell me if that's true

19th April 2013, 08:59 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are girls allowed to give NDA entrance exam?

Girls are not allowed to give NDA exam which is only meant for Male candidate.

NDA - National Defence Academy exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Army, navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and mental health.

Govt. is thinking over now to allow Girls candidate for NDA in near future. But Girls if interested for Defence Services, can apply for Officer's Training Academy of CDS(Combined Defence Service) after Graduation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th April 2013, 09:16 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend...........

I am sorry to say you that girls are not eligible for NDA Examinataion

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA Examination

::::::::::::MORE INFORMATION ABOUT NDA:::::::::::::::::::::

NDA - Stands for National Defence Academy

This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice i.e.

NDA - I

and

NDA - II

NDA have three wings i.e.

Indian Air Force

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Required Eligibility Criteria for NDA EXamination

Educational Qualification

Candidates must have a 12th standard with PCM (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics) subjects from any recognized institution

There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

Candidates age should between 16.5 years to 19 years

There is no age relaxation for this examination

Nationality

Candidates should be a citizen of India

Marital Status

Candidate should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

Written Examination

Medical Test

Personnel Interview

Physical Standard for NDA Examination

19th April 2013, 10:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

NDA stands for National Defence Academy examination . NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year . NDA has three wing - Army wings, Navy wings, Air force Wings.

If you have completed 12th board from recognized board then you are applicable for NDA exam.NDA exam not require any percentage marks .Final year of 12th standard are applicable for NDA exam .

If your 12th board subject are mathematics and Physics then you are applicable for all wings which are mentioned above other wise you can apply only Indian Army Post .

The candidate age should between 16.5 years to 19 years.There is no age relaxation for Sc/ST candidate . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. You must have Citizenship of India.

No , Girls candidate are not applicable for NDA exam .But if you are really interested on defence sector then you have first complete your graduation degree then you can apply for CDS ,UES and AFCAT exam.Because in this exams , female candidate are applicable.

The details of CDS exam is given below-

CDS exam is conduct for recruiting the candidate of -

Indian Military Academy
Air Force Academy
Naval Academy
Officers' Training Academy

If you have completed graduation degree then you are applicable for CDS exam.Because the minimum Qualification is required for CDS exam is Graduate .

Age criteria for CDS exam is given below -

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

Details of AFCAT exam is given below-

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

AFCAT is an Entrance test conducted for Selection of candidates in defence sector various branch of Indian Air force(Flying, ground, Technical).

1.Ground Duty Branches – Your age should be between 20-27 years .You should have the PG or Bachelor degree in any subject from recognized university .

2.Flying Branch – Your age should be minimum of 19 years and maximum of 23 years. You must have the B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduate in any discipline from recognized university.

3.Technical Branch – For this, you should be of 18-28 years old and you should have done Aeronautical Engineering from recognized university .
19th April 2013, 11:41 AM
Great Alexander of Macedo
Senior Member+

Dear,
No,As per the rules and regulations there is no criteria for which Girls should attempt the NDA Exam,So,We are sorry but girls are not allowed for NDA Exams.
And,Yes the comment is true its not misconceptions you can check them directly by visiting the NDA Sites or at the time of applying for form you will noticed that only for males it will be applicable.
But,Don't be upset just go forward with other streams you will definitely successfull.
19th April 2013, 01:16 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

NDA that is National defense academy examination.This examination is conducted for selection of candidates who can give their services for the defense by the Union Public service commission twice every year.

First of all let me discuss the eligibility criteria for the NDA examinations after that you will be able to know whether girls are eligible for it or not.

>>You should have minimum of 10+2 as the required academic qualifications from a recognized board.

>>The age limit is 16.5 to 19 years.

>>You must be unmarried male Indian citizen.

From this criteria ,you can see that only male candidates are allowed to appear for the NDA examinations ,so as per latest rules and regulations of UPSC ,girls are not eligible for the NDA exams at the 10+2 level.

Friend,do not get dishearted ,if you really desire to give your services for your nation by joining the defense and being a girl ,you have two options at the bachelor's degree level which are as below:

1.Combined defense services:

>>For this exam both unmarried male as well as female candidates are eligible.

>>The age limit is 19-25 years .

>>Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university is the minimum qualification required and final year graduation candidates can also give this exam.

2.Technical Graduate Commission /University Entry scheme.

>>For this exam also ,you should have bachelor's degree as the least qualification.For more details regarding this exam,you may logon to the www.joinindianarmy.nic.in

For any details regarding CDS exam,you may visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information provided by me helps you.If you have any more query ,you can leave it here.

all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
19th April 2013, 02:03 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Yes
Girl Students are also eligible to give an entrance examination of NDA

Qualifications Required-

1.You should be the citizen of India.
2.You should have completed 10+2.
3.Your age should be 16.5-19 years

Syllabus-

1.General Awareness
2.Elementary Maths

All The Best
19th April 2013, 05:19 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Are girls allowed to give NDA entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

I am really sorry to say that GIRLS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE UP THE NDA Examination as its clearly mentioned in the Eligibility Criteria's that "Only Unmarried Male Candidates" are eligible to apply for the NDA Exam. So if you are a girl, then NDA is the not the exam for you.

This has got nothing to do with any kind of partiality. This is just rules required and laid down by the Government of India and UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) which is the governing of body of all the Class 1 Officer exams. So you CANNOT apply for this exam.

However I would suggest you that you can do your graduation in any stream in which you like as right now you cannot enter in any of the Defense Wings. However if you do and complete your graduation then there is an entry which is called the CDS - Combined Defense Services. This is also conducted by UPSC so its the same body which organizes this.

Its graduate recruitment entry for the candidates who want to enter the Indian Defense in Army, Navy and Air Force. So this is the exam for you. The age limits for the same is 19-23 years for the Air Force, but 21-25 years for the Navy and Army. Hence you would be falling in those slots when you just pass out of your graduation.

This would test you on your aptitude, reasoning skills, General Awareness etc. so you have to be prepared on these things and ready for this exam. Its conducted in the month of January/February and hence the application procedure starts from November/December. For this year, its over however you can always check your age limits and then apply for it next year. Its like that.

For any more information on the same, Click Here

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
19th April 2013, 08:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Hello my dear dude...

I am Really sorry to say this

You are not eligible to apply for the " N.D.A " exam

N.D.A ---- NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY

ONLY UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE EXAM

And so you ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE " N.D.A " exam

GOOD LUCK
20th April 2013, 06:22 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full Form Of NDA is National defense Academy Examination. Since you are a girl , so you are not allowed to give the NDA Entrance Exam.

This is because of the following Eligibility Criteria Of NDA Exam :

* The candidate must have passed Higher Secondary with PCM from any recognized board.

* The candidate can also appear for the exam if he is currently in the 12th standard.

* The Age of the candidate must lie in between 16.5-19 years.

* The candidate must be an Unmarried male.

* The candidate must be a citizen of India.

* The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

So , unfortunately you cannot appear for the NDA Exam being a girl , but if you want really to join the Indian Defense , then you can go for the Combined Defense Services Exam , which is also conducted by the UPSC.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
29th April 2013, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Are girls allowed to give NDA entrance exam?

No ..girls are not allowed for nda exam ..if u r intrested in defence then u can give cds exam which r held twice a year first in feb and 2nd in sep this is free for girls candidate u should have graduate degree or appering from any sub ..if u r intrsted in navy then u shuld have pcm in 12th levl u can apply for coast gaurds there a many vacancies in this deptmt like obsrver for female candidt and many more u shoul have height minimum 5.6
29th April 2013, 06:55 PM
ranu44

HI,

Girls are not allowed to give NDA entrance exam
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply
NDA stands for National Defense Academy Examination.

Nice to help you...................
30th April 2013, 01:41 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Sorry to say this, Girls are really not eligible for NDA exam. The details about NDA exam is given below.

NDA exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete 12th standard or any equivalent education qualification from any recognised university or board

Candidate must be a Indian citizen.

Percentage is not an issue to apply this examination.

Applicant must be physically fit

The age limits are 16.5 years to 19 years, no upper age relaxation.

Male and unmarried are only eligible for this exam.

Girls are not eligible for NDA examination.

Selection process:-

Written test,

SSB interview,

Medical test.

Physical standards:-

More information visit below website

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
30th April 2013, 10:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Girls are not Eligible for NDA exam.

The details for NDA exam as below...........

1.Age limit:- 16.5 to 19 yrs

2.Educational Qualification:-
Army- 12th pass or studying in class 12th
Air Force and Navy- 12th pass with Phy and Maths or studying class 12th with
Phy and Maths

3.How to apply
Offline Mode- Buy application form from any Post Office designated by UPSC and send it UPSC either by hand or by post
Online Mode- Visit www.upsconline.nic.in when the notification comes and fill the form online.

For details visit www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2013, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

can you please tell me that what is the reason behind not allowing the girls to join nda????????????
1st April 2015, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

Please tell me why girl cannot attend nda examination. They have also dream in this area and this is a discrimination among. Boy and girls %uD83D%uDC6Dwhich is happening at national level and in the presence of democratic government I i really sad or also same on this
1st April 2015, 05:15 AM
unique99

Very sorry to say till today you are not allowed to do NDA entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)twice in a year.Only Indian Unmarried Male candidates who have completed 12th standard from the recognized Board can write this examination.

So far my knowledge goes reason here is the UPSC deals with the rules and norms attached with this exam.Obviously they are doing justice indeed there is medical
grounds which a girl of 16.5 years can not capable to perform training attached with the NDA Entrance Examination.

My suggestion for Girls candidates who have completed Graduate degree or a final year
degree candidate can easily sit for CDS(Combined Defence Services)entrance examination conducted by UPSC 2(two)times in a year.Also they can join toward 1.Army Wing,2.Navy Wing,3.Air Force wing comfortably.

If you are interested visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st April 2015, 07:07 AM
Samerjeet singh
Junior Member+

hello guest
till now girls are not allowed to give NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY(NDA) exam
but still there are some more entry for which girls can apply are as follow:-
1) airforce common admission test(AFCAT)
2) OTA entry in combined defnce services(CDS) exam.
3) UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME(UES)
4) TGC
visit following website for more refrnces
www.indianairforce.nic.in
www.nausenabharti.nic.in
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
www.upsc.gov.in
bye
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?