19th May 2012, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Which is a good option for me between MBA and M.Tech after completion of Engineering in Information Technology?

hello, I'm a engineering 1st year student and my branch is information technology. I want to go for higher studies after my b.tech so I want you to suggest me which is the best option for me for my higher studies and please guide me..... and I also want to ak you which is a better option among MBA and Mech for for.... or both are not good???

15th November 2012, 10:29 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which is a good option for me between MBA and M.Tech after completion of Engineering in Information Technology?

Hi dear..

It's good to hear that you want to study further. Well, I am pleased to tell you that you have took the right decision, as according to the current market conditions, IT professionals are not finding good jobs , so a plus point is what recruiter always looks for, and here both MBA and M.Tech are equally good , but it all depends on one's perspective.

As far as MBA and M.Tech are concerned, often people recommend that CS/IT guys should go for MBA to get some Managing skills and qualities, but in my opinion, doing M.Tech will be much better as you would have a specialization in a particular field, deep knowledge of something ( as in B.Tech you only learn all things , actually you become jack of all trades , so Doing M.Tech would ensure that you Master Something).

Although , both MBA and M.Tech are good, but doing M.Tech would give you a wider view of your own field , and it is recommended only if you are really interested in IT branch, else if you are Money Oriented , Then go for MBA, as it would provide you with Managerial skills as mentioned above.

At last , I would only like to say, that it totally depends on your perspective , what you actually want to learn, go for M.Tech if you really love learning programming and would like to grasp some more knowledge on a particular subject such as Cloud Computing, or else go for MBA.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?