26th January 2011, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Government institution offering admission to B.Tech. programs for diploma holders?

I am now studying in diploma in power electronic in 6 semester. I want to complete my B.E. Please inform me government institute in india for similar field ,there rules .fees detail.

27th January 2011, 12:06 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government institution offering admission to B.Tech. programs for diploma holders?

most of the government engineering college have 10% seat reserved for lateral entry student for diploma student. so you may take any institution according to your result.

if you want to take admission in lateral entry directly into second year then you first have to appear in lateral entry examination which is state label base examination. after good score you will be able to take admission directly into second year. the fess structure will be same for regular engineering student in the government institution.

but in this scheme you will not be able to choice your institution throughout India and also you will not be able to take admission in IIT as there are no lateral entry scheme.

if you want to choose college form whole india then you have to appear in AIEEE examination and to take admission in IIT you have to appear in IIT JEE. in both of this case you will be admitted in first year.

best wishes.
27th January 2011, 02:26 AM
akki89

Default Re: Government institution offering admission to B.Tech. programs for diploma holders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am now studying in diploma in power electronic in 6 semester. I want to complete my B.E. Please inform me government institute in india for similar field ,there rules .fees detail.
Dear friend,

If you are planning to take the privilege of having diploma degree in engineering ,ie, you are planning to take admission directly to the second year of the BE course then you will find very less number of governmental institution offering such admission procedure.

Normally diploma degree is considered as equivalent to 12th, so you can get the governmental colleges from the entrance test which is conducted for 12th passed students but you will not be able to get the privilege of your diploma degree. Also it is bit difficult to qualify these entrance tests because the syllabus of exam is based completely on 12th standard PMC stream which diloma holder students don't study deeply during there diploma.

So, considering all these facts i would suggest you to go for a college that offer lateral entry ,ie, direct admission to 2nd year of the B.E. course through their own entrance exams.

The most popular universities offering lateral entry are as follows:
Cochin University
Kalinga University
MIT Manipal
Indraprastha University
SLIET

Best wishes...
27th January 2011, 11:54 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend
The diploma degree is considered equivalent to 12th standard.
So, you can apply for any government college's entrance exam
but unfortunately it is very difficult to qualify such entrance exams
for diploma passed students because the questions come from PCM
which is taught in 12th standard.
On the other hand diploma holder students got a privilege to get a
separate admission procedure and may get admission directly to
2nd year of B.E. programs.
The major central government colleges like IITs, NITs etc. do not
offer lateral entry(direct admission to 2nd year) but some state
governmental colleges(and private colleges which offer admission
on the basis of state engineering entrance test
) reserve some
percentage of seats for lateral entry. It depends on the state
entrance test you are eligible for.
The top universities offering lateral entry program are
IP University
SLIET Punjab
KIITS Orissa
Hindustan Institute of Technology
Cochin university
MIT Manipal

Thank You
28th January 2011, 09:43 AM
Anurag554

Dear friend

If you Qualify diploma in any Extreme yo visit a website www.amiestudycircle.com for know that how manage your study. If you have a job you will manage your job & study .B.tech. is the very fine degree of Engineering .
28th January 2011, 10:44 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend.......
the government colleges do not provide the lateral entry for the diploma holders but some of the private institutes like that of the
kiit orissa
mit manipal
jelet
cochin university

provides the lateral entry for the diploma holders...........
31st January 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to admission in B.Tech 2nd year in MIT,Muzaffarpur
23rd February 2011, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i'm satish. I completed my diploma in Ece in andhra pradesh. Now i want to study btech in orissa . Wil u explain wat is the entrance for that.
28th May 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

hello, i am surbhi....pursuing my b.tech in biotech from banasthali university and want to change the college and want to have CS.....please tell me the chances of so and the corresponding colleges ....thank you
30th May 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Which rank i am give goverment in leteral entry
21st June 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
please suggest me that institutions which is fully government college or university.

THANKU...
13th October 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,

can you please inform us ,about different LEET examinations conducted by govt. Of different states of india.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?