24th March 2020, 12:51 AM
Vipan Mahajan 6951

Is Graduation mandatory to get admission in Chartered Accountancy CA?

I'm 36 years old. I have passed my 12th in non-medical subjects. Can I do Chartered Accountants - CA professional degree now without doing graduation? If yes, then what is the procedure and how much would it cost me?

27th March 2020, 11:07 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Is Graduation mandatory to get admission in Chartered Accountancy CA?

Yes, there is no need to do graduation. As you have completed 12th with non-science subjects. So, you are eligible for CPT (Common Proficiency Test).
CPT is first step towards CA (Chartered Accountancy) course.
In CPT, you will face questions belonging to following questions:
  1. Quantitative Aptitude
  2. Mercantile Law
  3. Accounting
  4. General Economics
After clearing this CPT Exam, you will have to pursue IPCC followed by Articleship Training under CA. At your successful training, you will become CA.
Registration for CA-CPT would cost you around 6000 INR
29th March 2020, 09:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Graduation mandatory to get admission in Chartered Accountancy CA?

Yes, you can definitely opt for Chartered Accountancy course through CPT route having completed your Class 12th and without going for graduation degree course.

CPT refers to Common Proficiency Test and it is held twice every year by ICAI for offering admission to the Foundation course in CA iwhich is the stage I of three staged CA course. After, completion of your foundation course, you need to clear IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course) and the Final Stage course in order to complete your Chartered Accountancy course.

For more details regarding the application procedure and cost for pursuing the same course, you can refer to the official link of ICAI i.e; www.icai.org as these are subjects for revision with every new session.
1st April 2020, 02:40 PM
Vismithagowda

No .
No need to do graduation. If you have completed 12th with non-science subjects. So, you are eligible for CPT (Common Proficiency Test).
Quantitative Aptitude
Mercantile Law
Accounting
General Economics
After clearing this CPT Exam, you will have to pursue IPCC followed by Articleship Training under CA. At your successful training, you will become CA.
Registration for CA-CPT would cost you around 6000 INR.
1st April 2020, 02:48 PM
Vismithagowda

No.
As you have completed 12th with non-science subjects. So, you are eligible for CPT (Common Proficiency Test).
Quantitative Aptitude
Mercantile Law
Accounting
General Economics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?