23rd September 2019, 01:23 PM
karina sobti

How much time would it take to complete Chartered Accountancy course after Graduation?

Hi, I have completed my B.Com and thinking to join Chartered Accountancy course. So, how many years does it generally takes to complete Chartered Accountancy course if started just after B.Com?

8th December 2019, 09:42 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How much time would it take to complete Chartered Accountancy course after Graduation?

If you have completed your graduation B.Com with at least 55% marks, then you are eligible to apply directly for CA Intermediate course and after that it will take minimum 3 years duration to complete CA course. One who join CA Foundation course, it takes at least 4.5 years duration to complete CA course.

Eligibility for CA Intermediate After Graduation
You must have passed graduation in commerce stream with at least 55% marks or passed graduation in non-commerce stream with at least 60% marks from a recognized university.

CA Course Structure After Graduation
- After graduation, One can apply directly for CA Intermediate course.
- Register for both groups of IPCC and undergo 35 hours of orientation course and 100 hours of IT.
- Join 3 years practical training and appear IPCC exam after 8 months of study course and 9 month of practical training.
- Undergo GMCS I course during 1st year of practical training and undergo GMCS II course during last 18 months of practical training.
- Undergo advanced ITT course during last year of practical training, but appear before final exam.
- Join CA Final course after passing both groups of IPCC.
- Appear and Qualify CA Final exam while serving last 6 months of practical training.
- Apply and Get membership of ICAI.

CA Courses and Duration
- CA Foundation : 4 Months
- Waiting Period of CA Foundation Result : 2 Months
- CA Intermediate : 8 Months
- Waiting Period of CA Intermediate Result : 2.5 Months
- Articleship Training : 3 Years (Appear CA Final during last 6 months of Articleship)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?