23rd July 2020, 06:31 PM
DINKEE MISHRA

Which has more value and opportunities between B.Ed and BTC?

Sir, I have completed my post graduation with M.A. Now, I am confused which course B.Ed or Basic Training Certificate (BTC) is best for my future. Could you please guide me on this?

31st July 2020, 09:56 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which has more value and opportunities between B.Ed and BTC?

BTC (now called D.El.Ed.) is a certificate course in UP that students pursue to get job of primary teachers in govt schools of UP.

While B.Ed. course is offered by universities for recruitment of teachers.

As per latest amendments in education sector, both B.Ed. graduates and BTC holders can get jobs for primary and secondary teachers in govt. schools.

However, B.Ed. can be pursued from reputed universities all over India. While BTC is offered in DIET institutions limited to UP only.

So, there are much opportunities for B.Ed. degree holders. Also, more preference is given to B.Ed. degree holders than BTC ones.

So, better, you pursue B.Ed. course for higher education.
9th August 2020, 11:16 PM
deepikapandey9999

Default Re: Which has more value and opportunities between B.Ed and BTC?

BTC (Basic Training course) will help you apply for assistant teachers job. It is a must for applying for primary teachers in government primary schools.(class 1 to 5)

B.Ed( Bachelors in education) course will make you eligible for TGT(Trained graduate teachers) as well as PGT(Post graduate teachers) . That means if you have a graduation or Post graduation, you can teach from classes 6 to 12 if you have B.Ed degree.

So it depends which classes you want to teach. If you are interested to teach higher classes, I suppose B.Ed is better.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?