22nd December 2012, 12:10 AM
blessypavithra

How to become a government college lecturer

i'm pavithra,now i'm doing 2nd year M.E(power electronics and drives). i want to become a lecture in gover. colleges, can u pls tell me the procedures
and can u pls tell me the net exam;in net exam which paper i select to write, i didnt see the electrical papers in net syllabus or can u pls tell me the any other enterance exam details

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  2. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  3. Whether ME degree is necessary for Lecturer job in government engineering college?
  4. How to work in government college(Lecturer) after completing B.Tech IT with 8.1 CGPA
  5. Am I eligible for the post of guest lecturer at any Government or Non Government College after passing MSc in Food Nutrition?
  6. Can I be a Lecturer or Professor in a government college?
  7. Can I be a lecturer in a government college if I score around 60% marks in NET exam? Procedure to join Government College?
  8. After scoring 78% aggregate in B.Tech and 81% in 12th can I get a lecturer in government college? How do I get a government job?
  9. How to become a lecturer in government college after securing 78% aggregate in B.Tech and 81% in 12th? How to get a government job?
  10. Am I eligible for B.Lecturer in government polytechnic college?
  11. How to join in lecturer in government polytechnic college after completing MSc Applied Electronics
  12. What is the eligibility to become a lecturer in government polytechnic college?
  13. Previous years papers of NET(Chemistry)?
  14. Whether MCA graduate is eligible to become an Assistant professor in B.Sc(Computer Science) colleges?
  15. Required Eligibility criteria to apply for the position of Lecturer in a Government College?
  16. How to join as a lecturer in government engineering college or Aided Engineering college
  17. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply for Lecturer vacancies in Government Polytechnic Colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Eligibility for post of Lecturer in government polytechnic college? Procedure to apply? -- [New]
28th December 2012, 03:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a government college lecturer

Qualifying NET helps you to join as Asst professor in government colleges. CSIR-UGC (NET) includes papers like Electrical Science and Electronics. Exam pattern and syllabus can be collected from the web portal of CSIR HRDG. The exam is conducted two times in a year, one at the month of June and another at December. Qualifying Ph.D is another option to join as Lecturer in government colleges.
28th December 2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

thanks a lot
28th December 2012, 11:43 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

You can become a Government Lecturer first you can need to apply for the NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam conducted for the University Grant Commission.

Eligibility:

The candidate should be citizen of India.

The candidate should complete the Post Graduation from recognized University.

You should have to score a min of 55% of marks in their Post Graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of SC\ST category.

There is no upper age limit for the candidate Lectureship.

for more infirmation

http://www.ugcnetonline.in

All the best.........
29th December 2012, 09:03 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You will have to sit for the National Eligibility Test (NET) to become lecturer in government colleges. However to do that, you must firstly complete the post graduation course that you are currently pursuing.

Please do not worry about the subjects. There are engineering subjects in National Eligibility Test. The NET entrance exam is jointly conducted by the CSIR-UGC. The Engineering subjects exam is conducted by CSIR, which is why you don't see these subjects on the official website of UGC NET.

The National Eligibility Test is conducted in June and December of every year. You need to have completed post graduation to apply. Final year students are also eligible to apply for it. The notification of the exam is released on the official website of UGC NET.

Eligibility

1. Only citizens of India can apply.

2. A post graduation degree from UGC recognized university.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. SC/ST candidates need 50 percent marks.

5. Final year students are also eligible to apply.

6. Such candidates should submit their degree within 2 years of clearing NET.

7. Your NET subject should be related to post graduation course.

8. There is no limit on number of attempts.

Age Limit

1. Age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

2. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

3. SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation.

4. There isn't any upper age limit if the candidate is applying for college lectureship.
29th December 2012, 04:25 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,

THERE ARE DIFFERENT STEPS FOR YOU;-

Step 1: Choose an Educational Field

Step 2: Earn a Bachelor's Degree

Step 3: Enroll in Graduate School

Step 4: Begin Working as a College Professor

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND IT.

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
29th December 2012, 04:33 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: How to become a government college lecturer

Hi,

NET exam is necessary to become Teacher.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

This exam conducted by University Grant Commission.
  • The candidate should be citizen of India.
  • Candidate should have 55% marks in their Post Graduation.
  • There is no upper age limit for the candidate Lectureship.
  • The candidate should complete the Post Graduation from recognized University.

Cool...
29th December 2012, 06:12 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,

To become a government college lecturer , you have to apply for NET exam. folllowing are the eligibility :

Eligibility

>Only citizens of India can apply.

>A post graduation degree from UGC recognized university.

>At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

>SC/ST candidates need 50 percent marks.

>Final year students are also eligible to apply.

>Such candidates should submit their degree within 2 years of clearing NET.

>Your NET subject should be related to post graduation course.

>There is no limit on number of attempts.

Age Limit

>Age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

>There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

>SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation.

>There isn't any upper age limit if the candidate is applying for college lectureship.

best of luck

umang_28

29th December 2012, 06:46 PM
obulasettylakshmi

For entrance in lecturer write apset entrance and in net exam take electronics course.k
29th December 2012, 08:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a Lecturer in Government college then you have to qualify the UGC NET exam which is conducted every year.

UGC NET is for Post Graduate students who are willing to become a lecturer and want to study further in their field.

Those who qualify UGC NET can apply for Junior Research Fellowship in their respective field.

For qualifying UGC NET you have to get 50 % marks in the NET then you will get the score card . With that score card you can apply for government lecturers post .

You are doing your Master in Engineering and you are in final year hence you can apply for UGC NET. Final year students are also eligible to apply for UGC NET.

For Junior Research Fellowship age required in below 28 years.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
29th December 2012, 10:55 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

To become a government college lecture, you will have to apply for UGC NET examination which is conducted every year.

The eligibility criteria for NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* post graduate from UGC recognised university with a minimum of 55% marks and 50% marks for SC/ST contendors.

*Age limit:- a) for JRF, 21-28 yrs.
b) for lecturer, no age limit is required.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
30th December 2012, 05:47 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Nice to hear that you want to become a lecturer of a Government College.

You can do this through the National Eligibility Test(NET).

The University Grants Commission conducts the NET examination twice every year in the months of june & december for the lecturer post and the JRF post.

The Qualifications required for NET are :

* you must hold a Master`s Degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

* You must have a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

* your age must lie in between 21-28 years if applying for JRF otherwise there is no age limit for the post of lecturers.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want
30th December 2012, 05:27 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

To become a Lecturer in any College in India below qualifications required.
Post Graduation with Minimum 55% marks
UGC-NET qulaified in your Post Graduation Subject
Or
PHD

For Lecturer in the Engineering Colleges
BE/BTECH PASS
and
ME/MTECH Pass
Candiadtes should have scored minimum 60% marks in either BE/BTECH or ME/MTECH
25th February 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

sir i have recently qualified apset so what is next step to qualify government lecturer
27th February 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

HI,

I have comepleted MCA and 3 years experience in IT and cleared SET exam . I am i elligile for Lecturer job in Govt Collegs?
If so How much salary can expect ?
3rd March 2013, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

hi friend..
am MBA graduate... now am waiting for net exam result.. in that am ll pass mean , wt is the next step for government lecturer post.. pls explain clearly.....
19th April 2013, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

I score 61% marks in NET exam 2012.What is the procedure to join Government college Lecturer.
4th May 2013, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got 55% in ece emgineering.i would like to work in drdo is this possible sir
6th May 2013, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

i have qualified m.sc physics with NET now what i do to become a college lecturer please help me sir.................
[email protected]
21st June 2013, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a biomedical engineering student doing my final year B.E. I wish to become a lecturer in govt. college. i want to know whether i can write the NET exam in my subject or not? Please give me the related details.
Thanking you.
by,
S.V.Ananthi.
8th July 2013, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

sir
how to become a sanskrit lecturer or professor in govt colleges.
22nd August 2013, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

what are the procedures needed to write the upcoming net examination in the year 2013(december). please mention.
29th August 2013, 05:28 AM
Unregistered

Hi i am harin doing M.E environmental engineering .which paper could i select for net exam
29th August 2013, 03:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

In order to become lecturer in government college ,you will have to crack the NET examination.

The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test .This is the entrance examination for the candidates who want to join :

>>Lectureship

>>Junior Research Fellowship

This examination is conducted twice every year.The eligibility criteria for the NET examination is as below:

>>Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university .Final year candidates that who is pursuing last semester can also appear for the exam.

>>Minimum of 55% in master's degree is required for the general and OBC candidates to appear for the NET exam.5% relaxation in marks to the SC/ST candidates.

So you must secure at least 55% in Master 's degree in power electronics and drives which you are pursuing to be eligible for the NET exam.

You can see the engineering subjects for the NET exam from the CSIR official website which I have provided below and you can select your best one.

The age limit for the JRF is 28 years for the general category and three years age relaxation to obc and five years to sc/st candidates.

You must be an Indian citizen

Note: There is no limit on number of attempts for the exam.

For any more details ,please click here .

Hope the information helps you.If you have any more query you can leave your message here .We will reply you as soon as possible.

All the best

aashisranjan784
29th August 2013, 05:28 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessypavithra View Post
i'm pavithra,now i'm doing 2nd year M.E(power electronics and drives). i want to become a lecture in gover. colleges, can u pls tell me the procedures
and can u pls tell me the net exam;in net exam which paper i select to write, i didnt see the electrical papers in net syllabus or can u pls tell me the any other enterance exam details

Hi,'

If you want to become a teacher in a government college then you will have to qualify NET.

NET - national Eligibility Test

NET is conducted by UGC CSIR. There are various subjects from which NET exam can be applied for. Engineering students can also apply for NET.

To be able to apply for NET , you should fulfil these eligibility criteria --

You should have passed Post Graduation, from a recognised university.

Final year candidates can also apply.

You should have scored minimum of 55% in post graduation.

For reserved category there is a relaxation of 5% marks.

There is no age limit to apply for lecturer post

NET is conducted twice a year. It is held in the month of June and December every year.

For more information, you can visit www.ugconline.in
29th August 2013, 06:56 PM
Bishnu Aryal

We can become a government college lecturer, need to apply for the NET exam and NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam conducted for the University Grant Commission.
25th September 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

i have done MBA in Marketing.I am preparing for NET.plz someone told me is there any classes for NET exams??and is there any relaxation for age of women/girls for Junior Research Fellowship?
Plz reply me at - [email protected]
12th January 2014, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

I am doing mcom from faijabaad university but not regular ,can i apply for net exam in june and which subject i select for net how i prepairing for neexam t e
22nd April 2014, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I would like to become a government polytechnic college lecturer.But i have completed B.Tech IT...Is this the degree is enough for that govn polytec lecturer job?? or i need to complete the Master degree??..Kindly help me to clarify my doubts.
Thank you..
22nd April 2014, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I would like to become a government polytechnic lecturer.But i have completed B.Tech IT..Is this the degree is enough for that govn polytec lecturer post?? or i need to complete Master degree for that post?? Kindly help me to clarify my doubts...
Thank you.
22nd April 2014, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I would like to become a government polytechnic lecturer.But i have completed B.Tech IT..Is this the degree is enough for that govn polytec lecturer post?? or i need to complete Master degree for that post?? Kindly help me to clarify my doubts...
Thank you.
2nd July 2014, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

For becoming a lecturer in any government college,is it necessary to qualify net exam...any other option??
18th July 2014, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

hello... i have completed my msc organic chemistry in 2012 my qusn is if i hav cleared apset is that enough to become a govt lecterer in Ap or should i clear NET also? pls clear my doubt
23rd August 2014, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I've qualified CSIR NET
I want to know that if I want a lecturer's post in some government college,do i need to qualify any additional test.how to apply for a permanent lecturership job.kindly suggest.
15th March 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

AP SET exam is only degree lectures or engineering lectures????

is there is any exam for government lectures in sate level other than net exam
3rd January 2016, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Hello .I have completed my MA and want to become an English lecturer in govt polytechnic clg . So pls suggest me the which exams I have to appear..
13th June 2017, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to clear psc exam and then net to become a lecturer in government college or just clearing net we can get job in government college??
20th June 2017, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

I finished my master degree in one own state but I want to get placed in another state government college. Am i eligible to get lecturer job in another state? NET exam is enough?
30th July 2020, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

I finished my masters degree in Commerce (M.com) and also cleared NET (NTA).
Could I get lecturer job in government college in Karnataka state?
30th July 2020, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir/mam,I am persuing M. Tech 4th sem and i want to become lecturer in government sector as well as in private sector.. If I qualify in net exam whether phd is necessary to study further or not?
31st July 2020, 05:22 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Yes, to get lecturer job in government college you have to clear NET. By successfully clearing NET exam, you can get a job of lecturer in government colleges.
31st July 2020, 09:09 PM
Arpitdongre

Hi dear,
For becoming the lecturer in govt College first you have to clear net exam and then you have to complete your phd and after that you are eligible for the post of lecturer in any govt College.
Good luck
9th August 2020, 10:14 PM
deepikapandey9999

Go ahead, get the desired qualifications, make applications, face interviews (in some cases, tests too), and become one.

As far as the required qualifications are concerned, in India, most government colleges require the applicants to hold:

a master’s degree in relevant discipline (for graduate-level teaching),
a doctorate degree in related discipline (for post-graduate teaching),
any national-level eligibility test, such as UGC-NET/JRF, CSIR-NET, or state-level eligibility tests, such as SET/SLET, and
some research credentials in terms of research publications.
and you're ready for applying to such academic positions. But mind it, merely fulfilling the eligibility criteria doesn't guarantee you an entry in the elite clubs. You have to be better than others, and the level of competition and basic as well as additional criteria depends on the disciplines/subjects and colleges you're applying to. Please refer to the requirements mentioned in the job advertisements.

Some sample requirements for academic positions in Indian universities:

University of Delhi:
Jamia Millia Islamia (a central university):
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?