22nd June 2010, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Hotel Management or Architecture? Which one to choose after 12th and why?

hello sir! i am done with my 12th and now i hav two options to choose from. hotel management and architecture. i have interest in both. i am in a dilemma what to choose between them!! can you please help???

26th June 2010, 03:49 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Hotel Management or Architecture? Which one to choose after 12th and why?

you may go for course hotel management as its nower days exploring field giving high salary ranges up to 50000. you can give its entrance exam.
as architectural is lowering nower days with few job opportunities it also have few colleges.
26th June 2010, 05:24 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Hotel Management or Architecture? Which one to choose after 12th and why?

Hello friend,

you have not mentioned your subjects of 12th, whether you are from arts,commerce or science background.

Both of these trends have very good career aspects. Architecture is a branch of engineering, for designing great buildings and constructions,
whether hotel management is a booming management industry.

Now it is your choice what way you like to go.

All the best!
26th June 2010, 09:28 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Hotel Management or Architecture? Which one to choose after 12th and why?

hello friend , both are very good courses to pursue and has immense scope in india as well as abroad .

but the above stated courses are related to two different skills of the people as one has to be creative for opting career as architect whereas one has to be graceful and must have nice innovability in conversation to chose hotel management as career .

so, you need to have better account of yourself and than chose the field..

to be an architect :

you need to complete the 10+2 level in the field of science with a minimum of 50 % . than only you are eligible for it

you also needs to clear the entrance level exams like the AIEEE ( All India Engineering Entrance Examination) that are held by the Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE) or the National Aptitude Test of Architecture (NATA) that is held by the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture.

i think NATA will be better to opt career as architect since too many colleges admits students on the basis of NATA score .AIEEE has already been conducted but NATA can be given by you till 30TH september .

for more info , you can visit the websites http://www.aieee.nic.in and http://www.nata.in

i am attaching a file regarding the same which will be helpful to you ...

to be in hotel management :

the minimum qualification which is required to be in hotel management is +2 with atleast 50% marks .

A hotel consists main departments such as Operations, Front office, House keeping, Food and Beverages, Accounting, Engineering/ Maintenance, Sales and Security
. Each department has a number of positions that you can opt for.

reply back for more queries,
best of luck!!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DETAILS.pdf(85.8 KB, 115 views)
26th June 2010, 09:47 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Check if you have that Qualities to be a part of Hospitality sector or Architect.

Well, Both are Entirely different things..........!
Qualities and Abilities required for Hotel Management

First of all Interest towards your sector/job, I mean you must enjoy in serving people.

You must have Managerial skills to manage 5 Stars Hotels, resaurts etc. and Leadership qualities to manage/guide huge work force and man power required to run around the cloack.

Ready to except any situation, means you must also have to work late night in some cases, while if you are placed in any cruise, or planes etc.

Friendly nature, means always a smile ready on your face.

Qualities and Abilities required for being an Architech

Analytical Bent of Mind..............! for planing and proposing.

Great Drawing skills, as major work is sketch and building structure associated.

Excellent Leadership Quality, because a large man force will work under your guidance.

Ability to interact with clients.

Mathematical Bent of Mind, as basically there is to subject to deal with Drawing and Mathematics specially Geometry and Calculation and Estimation.

So, check out if you have that qualities weather to become Architech or to Explore Hospitality sector.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
27th June 2010, 05:40 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

HAI
I think you can go for hotel management as it has more scope today. Nowadays more people are choosing architecture course,so there are more seats vacant in Hotel management.
ok bye
28th June 2010, 12:40 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I guess you should first choose what you like. But as you said you like both so its a difficulty.

I advice you to take an aptitude test which will tell you your complete list of capabilities in a field.

Both the fields have good scope. In Hotel management only aptitude works. If you have the aptitude for Hotel management then only you should go for it otherwise forget it.

For Architecture also Aptitude matters as you must be good at imagining and drawing.

So brainstorm a lot about these 2 courses. I am sure you yourself will come up with a solution
28th June 2010, 01:18 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir! i am done with my 12th and now i hav two options to choose from. hotel management and architecture. i have interest in both. i am in a dilemma what to choose between them!! can you please help???
hi
According to me you must try your luck in hotel management.
Because in this field you enjoy your life.
I tell you why because in this field you can do every thing with your interest and according to you.
You earn good high scale package.
good luck
28th June 2010, 01:33 AM
anindya_forever
Banned

hi
hotel Management is related to service industry. If you are courteous, like service and good at customer dealing, its good for you.
Architecture is an engineering degree from b tech college. It deals with construction work of buildings,offices malls etc.
its your choice afterall. Best of luck,
28th June 2010, 07:01 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

ARCHITECTURE is an off field work and it is related to engineering .

in this line u have to design buildings and many more.

hotel management is a booming industry in now a days market.

u can join different star hotels in india and also in abroad .

they provide high salary as compared to architects .

all the best.
28th June 2010, 07:19 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friends
Architecture ais the better field to you and its scope various in india. and its a secure job and salary pakage is also good.
28th June 2010, 11:23 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

See, basically architecture and hotel management are both very different things..it depends on your stream which you took in 12th.
If you are from science,then architecture as well as hotel managemant are possible where you should atke architecture because the fees of hotel management is very high ( in lacs)
whereas if you are from commerce it is quite difficult for you to go for architecture since you dont have any basic idea..then also you have other options besides hotel management but stuill if you want to go for hotel management,you can go but do look into the fees.
1st July 2010, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

architecture is better as it provides large scale employment n i tell u for sure that your stream science or commerce is not considered as far as u opted for mathematics n english
5th July 2010, 08:34 PM
Kushagra Makin

it depends upon the interest of an indivisual.
if u very good at managing things and think that you can manage an hotel very well then you should opt for hotel management.

If one is very good at drawing and think that can make architecture drawings very well then he should opt for it.
30th July 2010, 02:21 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you need to complete the 10+2 level in the field of science with a minimum of 50 % . than only you are eligible for it ,and if you are interest in the design then go for the Architecture,other wise hotel management is best option,
6th August 2010, 04:45 PM
prathamesh22

http://www.aieee.nic.in and
http://www.nata.in
visit for the info
11th October 2010, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

i have been heard frm many peoples that hotel management is not good option for specially girls.....so want to know is dis true rumuors????????
16th December 2010, 10:32 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are interested in design and analysis work then join architectural courses.
Its really an exuberant one. Here you can play with maths if its your favorite.
The scope of Architectural Engineering is really good. Here your work will be mental but not physical. Because, every engineer's work would be mental as said by Raymer.

If you are interested in a career where you want to deal with lots of people then join Hotel Management. This is a management course and even this has a good scope as we are living in a modern society. And many hotels and resorts has come up to meet the customer needs.

Both of these fields are really good.
27th January 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

hello...i'm in 10th and i have choise btw science and commerse...i am very keen to go for architecture after 12th as i am creative and have a huge interest in that subject but i'm a bit poor in chem and phy....so i'm suggested to opt for commerse by my skool....plz help me in making a good choise!!!!....also tell me bout the subjet engg graphics and if it is necessary for architecture...thank u
13th May 2011, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I WANTED TO BE AN ARCHITECT, IS IT POSSIBLE WITHOUT GIVING ANY ENTRANCE? I AM FROM SCIENCE STREAM.PLEASE EXPLAIN ME HOW CAN I BE AN ARCHITECT.
21st May 2011, 07:56 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

you have not mentioned your subjects of 12th, whether you are from arts,commerce or science background.

Both of these trends have very good career aspects. Architecture is a branch of engineering, for designing great buildings and constructions,
whether hotel management is a booming management industry.

Now it is your choice what way you like to go.
20th June 2011, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

would architecture give a gud incum............?
2nd August 2011, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir im in first year of hotel managemant and i want to go in service field i wnt to know is service is the best option to choose wht salary be and i from iihm kolkata is it good institute pls tl me sir
2nd August 2011, 04:42 PM
kunjeyan5282

If you are interested in design and analysis work then join architectural courses.
Its really an exuberant one. Here you can play with maths if its your favorite.
The scope of Architectural Engineering is really good. Here your work will be mental but not physical. Because, every engineer's work would be mental as said by Raymer.

If you are interested in a career where you want to deal with lots of people then join Hotel Management. This is a management course and even this has a good scope as we are living in a modern society. And many hotels and resorts has come up to meet the customer needs.

Both of these fields are really good.
9th August 2011, 12:55 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

both are very good courses to pursue and has immense scope in india as well as abroad .

but the above stated courses are related to two different skills of the people as one has to be creative for opting career as architect whereas one has to be graceful and must have nice innovability in conversation to chose hotel management as career .

so, you need to have better account of yourself and than chose the field..

to be an architect :

you need to complete the 10+2 level in the field of science with a minimum of 50 % . than only you are eligible for it

you also needs to clear the entrance level exams like the AIEEE ( All India Engineering Entrance Examination) that are held by the Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE) or the National Aptitude Test of Architecture (NATA) that is held by the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture.

i think NATA will be better to opt career as architect since too many colleges admits students on the basis of NATA score .AIEEE has already been conducted but NATA can be given by you till 30TH september .

for more info , you can visit the websites http://www.aieee.nic.in and http://www.nata.in

i am attaching a file regarding the same which will be helpful to you ...

to be in hotel management :

the minimum qualification which is required to be in hotel management is +2 with atleast 50% marks .

A hotel consists main departments such as Operations, Front office, House keeping, Food and Beverages, Accounting, Engineering/ Maintenance, Sales and Security. Each department has a number of positions that you can opt for.

Thanks
31st May 2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

hey .... m totaly confused weather to get into b.arch or not.>>>>>>> many say that its income is not that much great as much hard work it takes>>>> is it true kya??????
plz... help me>>>>>would this be a good carrer choice!!!
reply soon plzzzz........waiting
18th February 2014, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

what salary can i expect in hotel management and architect please let me know
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?