6th August 2012, 06:30 PM
piyu100293

How to apply for CAT after doing final year in B.Com?

i am doing my final year in b.com.. i want to apply for cat 2012, but unfortunately i haven't made upto 50% marks in either of my years. plz suggest me if something can be done....

18th November 2012, 03:22 PM
srikanth0438

Default Re: How to apply for CAT after doing final year in B.Com?

Hi my dear friend............

I can give the total information About the CAT exam...........
CAT means Common Admission Test...........

Eligibility of CAT exam........

You should completed Bachelors degree with 50% and SC\ST 45%............

Exam details........

The test duration is two and a half hours.

The number of questions varies every year.

This entrance test is defined as the mode of getting admission to the IIMs.

The exam score is declared in the second week of January.

you can Write exam of CAT 2013

Thank you............All the best...........
28th June 2013, 04:14 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> Sorry, you are not eligible now :

♦ Since you are in the final year of B.Com therefore you are eligible to give the CAT examination. Final year students can apply for this exam. To know in details about the eligibility criteria of this exam please carefully read the information below.

♦ CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This is a computer based test which by adopting a rotation policy is conducted by the IIM's. This exam is for those students who wants to do post graduation in management programmes. CAT is a ticket to the IIM's and several other top-notch B-Schools in India.

♦ Uptill 2009 it was a paper based test. After that the exam became computer based which is now conducted by a company called Prometric. CAT is usually conducted in the month of October and November every year during a 21 day testing window. During this time you will be allowed to sit for the exam only once.

♦ If you want to sit for the CAT exam then you need to be a graduate first. That is the main prerequisite one needs to satisfy when it comes to applying for the exam. You can get a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

♦ In addition to that you need to maintain not less than 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate at graduation level. For the reserved category candidates there is a 5% relaxation.

♦ The duration of the degree should not be less than three years. This is to say that you should have a full-time degree as diploma degree holders are not allowed to sit for this exam. As mentioned earlier final year students about to sit for the final exam or awaiting the result of their final exam are also allowed to give this exam.

♦ For the exam stress on the following areas: Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Problem Solving and Data Interpretation. There is negative marking, which means 1/4th marks will be deducted from the original score for every wrong answer you give. Duration of the exam is 2.5 hours.

♦>> CAT 2013 Exam Preparation Tips :

•) Focus on English Vocabulary : Reading newspapers is an excellent resource to keep your vocabulary updated and upto the mark.

) Solve previous years papers : Solving the question papers of previous years helps one identify the pattern and boosts the confidence.

•) Preparation for Group Discussion and Personal Interviews : It is a wise decision to start preparing for the next level of tests i.e. group discussions and personal interviews alongwith the written test preparation.

•) Study Material : Study material from good coaching centers ideally helps you with great preparation tips such as calculation shortcuts and useful formulae to crack the exam.

> Best of Luck !
30th June 2013, 10:15 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyu100293 View Post
i am doing my final year in b.com.. i want to apply for cat 2012, but unfortunately i haven't made upto 50% marks in either of my years. plz suggest me if something can be done....
Since you have not been able to maintain 50% of marks in aggregate at grad level therefore unfortunately you wont be able to sit for the CAT Examination. But you should not get upset because there is tons of other MBA Entrance Exams which you can apply for to pursue MBA.

One of the most popular MBA Entrance Exam after CAT is MAT. MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test and this exam is conducted by the All India Management Aptitude Testing Service (AIMATS). One of the advantage of this exam is that it is conducted for four times every year in the months of February, May, September and December. With the MAT score you can apply in a number of colleges all over India.

For this exam you must be a graduate from a recognized university or a deemed university. If you have appeared for the final qualifying and waiting for the result or intending to apply then also you are eligible. At graduation level you just need to secure 40% of marks for this exam.

There is paper based test and computer based test to choose from. Give stress on the following areas to score good marks in the exam: Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning and Indian and Global Environment.

Top Colleges Under MAT:-
  • Alliance Business Academy
  • Christ College, Bangalore
  • IBMR, Pune
  • IIRM Jaipur (Only for Rural Management - accepts MAT)
  • IMS Indore
  • Institute of Professional Studies and Research
  • Jagan Institute of Management, Delhi
  • Jaipuria Institute of Management, Ghaziabad
  • NIMT, Ghaziabad
  • Rourkela Institute of Management Studies
  • Suryadatta Institute of Management, Pune
  • iFEEL Business School, Lonavla
Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?