25th July 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT exam while in B.Com final year?

i am student of b.com final year so i thinking i give paper of cat so you answer me i am elligible for cat entrance exam

26th July 2011, 01:02 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam while in B.Com final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am student of b.com final year so i thinking i give paper of cat so you answer me i am elligible for cat entrance exam
If you are Pursuing your B.com Final Year Examination and Interested to apply for CAT Examination, then please dont worry Because you are eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

So, if you have scored Minimum 50% Marks in your B.com Course and you are in your Final year then you are eligible to apply for CAT Entrance examination, Because final year candidates are also apply for CAT Examination.

The examination was conducted by IIM(Indian Institutes of Management) and The examination was held only One times in a year, The examination are generally held in the month of November/December.

So, if you are Interested in CAT Examination then please apply for this examination in this year the notification was announced in the month of August, So please wait for the next month when the notification was announced it will be updated in the CAT official website, So please dont worry you are eligible to apply for CAT Entrance examination and If You want more Information then please visit the Official website -

http://www.catiim.in
26th July 2011, 10:01 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
yes, my friend you are eligible to appear in CAT exam, as you have said that you are in final year now..
So, final year students are also can appear in CAT exam, as the validity of the CAT result is of 1year..
so, don't worry you can go for the exam..
The exam is conducted by IIM's.. It is one of the toughest exam in the world.
After clearing the exam you have to go through the GD session and interview session..
so, prepare yourself to crack the exam..
You can also take coaching classes to prepare for CAT exam..

All the best..
26th July 2011, 11:53 AM
Arsalaan

Yes you are eligible. Even the final year candidates are eligible.
CAT(common aptitude test) is the Entrance examination conducted by IIM.It is held in the month of October and November.
Eligibility criterion for CAT:
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)categories]
Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process.

So,get ready to apply for CAT.
For more details you can visit at:http://www.catiim.in
26th July 2011, 12:21 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

yesr B.com Final Year student are eligible to apply for CAT Examination.you have don't worry about eligibility you have to do preparation for success you are eligible.

You have to carefull about that 50% marks in B.Com is necessary for CAT exam otherwise you will not be eligible for CAT exam.you have to carefull about marks.

CAT exm are conducted by IIM(Indian Institutes of Management) and The examination are held only One times in a year.

CAT is very good exam for MBA.by this exam you can get admission in IIM college for MBA.MBA from IIM college has its importance.after MBA from IIM jobs will be after you .

for more Information then please visit the Official website -

http://www.catiim.in
26th July 2011, 12:45 PM
Sachin Narayan

Yes being a final year student you are eligible for appearing in the CAT examination.
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for the management programes of its seven business schools (IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, IIML and others).

The test is multiple-choice based with roughly one-fourth negative-mark penalties for wrong answers, and traditionally comprises three sections that span the domains of arithmetical problem solving, geometry, statistics, data interpretation, logical reasoning, puzzles, and English language skills.

Eligibility:

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) categories], Final year students completing their graduation are also eligible.

CAT Exam Pattern:

The CAT question paper has four different segments, namely, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Problem Solving and Data Interpretation. These multiple choices questions and the test is computer based. You should have a deeper understanding of concepts and their applications to succeed in the CAT. It is to be noted that you have to perform well in all the three sections of the CAT as the test evaluates the overall aptitude of the student.

CAT 2011 Exam Preparation Tips:

Focus on English Vocabulary : Reading newspapers is an excellent resource to keep your vocabulary updated and upto the mark.

Solve previous years papers : Solving the question papers of previous years helps one identify the pattern and boosts the confidence.

Preparation for Group Discussion and Personal Interviews : It is a wise decision to start preparing for the next level of tests i.e. group discussions and personal interviews alongwith the written test preparation.

Study Material : Study material from good coaching centers ideally helps you with great preparation tips such as calculation shortcuts and useful formulae to crack the exam.
31st July 2011, 07:27 PM
Vikas Abhishek

Quote:
Yes,you are eligible to appear in CAT exam if you are in your final year of your B.Com.
CAT exam is conducted for the admission in the Indian Institute of Management.
So,you should start preparing for it if you want to pursue your MBA from IIMs.
You can also take any coaching if you need it because you will have to secure a very good rank in CAT to get admission in IIMs.
SO,best of luck for your exam.
1st August 2011, 05:05 PM
sanjeev26

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to appear in CAT Entrance test. If you cleared your test you need to submit your documents.
2nd August 2011, 10:56 AM
sanjeev26

Quote:
Yes you are eligible for the same. The cat registration will starts in the month of september.
11th September 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for CAT exam while 2nd year B.Com result is not announced
12th September 2011, 07:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Those candidate have completed graduation are eligible for CAT exam.

Your graduation course must be from some recognized university.

Final year student are eligible for CAT exam.

Yes B.COM student are eligible for CAT exam.If you have score good in CAT exam then then you have participate in GD .

GD is organized by college.

CAT exam conduct once time in a year .Next CAT exam date is announced in the month of December.

thanks
13th September 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

sir.. i m studyin b.com private and want to give cat so am i eligible ..???
22nd December 2011, 06:20 PM
jeo-rocks

yes, my friend you are eligible to appear in CAT exam, as you have said that you are in final year now..
So, final year students are also can appear in CAT exam, as the validity of the CAT result is of 1year..
so, don't worry you can go for the exam..
The exam is conducted by IIM's.. It is one of the toughest exam in the world.
After clearing the exam you have to go through the GD session and interview session..
so, prepare yourself to crack the exam..
You can also take coaching classes to prepare for CAT exam..

minium eligibilty-

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)],
12th February 2012, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I AM NOW STUDING IN M.COM 1 BUT I GOT 44% IN B.COM SO AM I ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRANCE TEST
12th February 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

I AM NOW STUDING IN M.COM 1 BUT I GOT 44% IN B.COM SO AM I ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRANCE TEST
13th February 2012, 11:19 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for C.A.T exam after passing the graduation..
For C.A.T exam you have to score minimum 50% marks in graduation..

C.A.T exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad..

After qualifying C.A.T exam you can take admission in any I.I.M in India.

GOOD LUCK!
8th May 2013, 02:14 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

As per the CAT eligibility criteria

You need to have done your graduation from UGC recognised college.
You should have alteast 50% marks in your graduation for general candidates
and 45% in your graduation for reserved category

You can appear for CAT in your final year of graduation as well, but if you dont score a minimum of 50% in graduation , your admission would be void.

Thus you are eligible to appear for CAT.
However, I would advice you to appear with preparation and not without preparation.
If you appear without preparation, they you wont be able to crack anything and also you would loose your interest.

All the best
8th May 2013, 03:40 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

You are eligible to appear for CAT exam if you meet the following requirement

You should have done graduation from UGC recognized institute/college
You should have alteast 50% in your graduation
and 45% if sc/st

After qualifying CAT, you would be given call for GD/PI.

for final selection, they would be seeing on your

10th, 12th, graduation, work ex, CAT score, GD/WAT, PI, Extra curiculum
so work hard to get selected

All the best
8th May 2013, 03:44 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam while in B.Com final year?

HI

You are eligible to appear for CAT exam if you meet the following requirement

You should have done graduation from UGC recognized institute/college
You should have alteast 50% in your graduation
and 45% if sc/st

After qualifying CAT, you would be given call for GD/PI.

for final selection, they would be seeing on your

10th, 12th, graduation, work ex, CAT score, GD/WAT, PI, Extra curiculum
so work hard to get selected

All the best
31st May 2013, 09:15 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of CAT is Common Aptitude Test.

Exactly, you are preferable for Common Admission Test.

The educational qualifications regarding with Common Admission Test are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in any curriculum with 50% marks from any approved institution.

# SC/ST candidates need 45% marks in bachelor degree for this exam.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor degree are also preferable for this exam.

# Age criteria:- Not assumed.

# No. of attempts:- Not assumed.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

Thanks.
1st June 2013, 04:03 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Since you are in the final year of B.Com therefore you are eligible to give the CAT examination. Final year students can apply for this exam. To know in details about the eligibility criteria of this exam please carefully read the information below.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This is a computer based test which by adopting a rotation policy is conducted by the IIM's. This exam is for those students who wants to do post graduation in management programmes. CAT is a ticket to the IIM's and several other top-notch B-Schools in India.

Uptill 2009 it was a paper based test. After that the exam became computer based which is now conducted by a company called Prometric. CAT is usually conducted in the month of October and November every year during a 21 day testing window. During this time you will be allowed to sit for the exam only once.

If you want to sit for the CAT exam then you need to be a graduate first. That is the main prerequisite one needs to satisfy when it comes to applying for the exam. You can get a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

In addition to that you need to maintain not less than 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate at graduation level. For the reserved category candidates there is a 5% relaxation.

The duration of the degree should not be less than three years. This is to say that you should have a full-time degree as diploma degree holders are not allowed to sit for this exam. As mentioned earlier final year students about to sit for the final exam or awaiting the result of their final exam are also allowed to give this exam.

For the exam stress on the following areas: Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Problem Solving and Data Interpretation. There is negative marking, which means 1/4th marks will be deducted from the original score for every wrong answer you give. Duration of the exam is 2.5 hours.

Hope this helps :-> :->
2nd June 2013, 08:34 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you are standing in the final year of degree course then you are eligible to apply for the CAT Examination . CAT is one of the prestigious examination for MBA course and it is one of the popular MBA entrance examination . It is conducted by Indian Institute of Management Once in a year .

Let see the eligibility criteria for CAT Examination ::

The candidate must have a completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and must secure at least 50% marks for General and OBC candidates . 5% relaxation is provided to the reserved categories . Candidate who are studying in the final year of degree may also apply for this examination .

But pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination and any degree holder can apply for this examination and there is no restriction on that . There is no age limits and there is no limitation of attempts .

The CAT paper divided into four parts :: Verbal ability , Reading comprehension , problem solving , Data interpretation . The question are objective type question and there is a negative marking for wrong answers which means 0.25 marks will be deduced from the correct answer .

The CAT Exam notification will be available in the month of August / September in the official website of CAT as well as employment news paper .
27th January 2014, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

i am in the final year of b.a.(private not regular degree holder) can i eligible for cat exam
26th August 2014, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

sir can i eligible to take admission in 2016 in any b school for MBA after giving CAT 15.... Now i m in 2 yr of B.COM
8th August 2017, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi, this is ravali isn't I have eligible to write cat exam in this year when I am in middle of b.com(CA) final year (or) after final exam clarify it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?