9th April 2014, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CAT with 48% marks?

Sir , I am pursuing my B Sc - Computer Science degree . I have completed my first year with 45 % . At our University , they consider Second and Third year marks only for overall percentage in degree . I have scored 48 % marks , and want to apply for cat 2014 . As I will be a degree final year student , Can I apply for exam with 48 % marks ? Please assist . Thank you .

10th April 2014, 06:44 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT with 48% marks?

CAT i.e Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management Once in a year. To apply for this examination you must have a completed degree course in any discipline and must have attained the minimum 50% Marks for General candidates and 45% marks for reserved categories. If you are belongs to reserved and then definitely you are eligible to apply for this examination. Otherwise you are ineligible to apply for this examination. Even candidate who are studying in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination. CAT 2014 Exam notification will be publish in the month of August or September in the official website of CAT.

The examination will be held in the month of October or November. The application forms are received both the online and offline mode. The examination will be divided into Written Examination, Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview. It is prestigous examination for MBA course. The Written Examination consist of Quanatitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English Language and General Awareness.
15th April 2015, 04:30 PM
amanshrivastava98

No, with this much percentage in graduation, you are not eligible for CAT.

The minimum percentage required for the candidate to apply for the CAT, a candidate should possess at least 50% marks in the graduation and 60% in 10th and 12th throughout.
20th April 2015, 12:14 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The full form for CAT is Common Admission Test.It is an entrance exam conducted at the national level by IIM for admission in management programmes.This is an online exam conducted every year.

The qualification needed for CAT exam are ;

-The candidate must have completed graduation with minimum 50%(45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate from a recognized university.The candidates who are in the final year of any course can also apply for the exam.

-There is neither age bar nor the no.of attempts limit to apply for the exam.

-The selection procedure is completed in three stages.These are

* Written exam

* Group discussion

* Interview.

Sorry to say,but, you are not eligible to apply for the CAT with 48% marks as per the minimum marks eligibility for the CAT exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?