27th October 2010, 12:10 PM
sakshigoyal

How to apply for NET exam after B.Com to become a Commerce Lecturer?

hiee....i did my B.Com (2005) from rajasthan university and MBA (finance) from Banasthali University, rajasthan...right now i am residing in mumbai...and i want to apply for NET exam (commerce)...so that i can pursue my career as a lecturer in commerce subject..
Am i eligible for that ???? and if yes then how can i apply for that ??

28th October 2010, 06:17 PM
swati123

Default Re: How to apply for NET exam after B.Com to become a Commerce Lecturer?

You cannot appear for the NET/SLET Exam to become a Lecturer of Commerce as you do not meet the minimum qualification criteria (which is at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s Degree (or) equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC in relevant subject(i.e. commerce)).

The best thing for you to do will be to take help of your Finance Management Degree to secure a respectable and suitable job. Take heart and you will succeed.
28th October 2010, 10:38 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for NET exam after B.Com to become a Commerce Lecturer?

first check the status of the "bansthali university" that whether it its recognised by UGC.If it is then choose the subject from your MBA (finance) in which you specilises.if it is in the subject list of UGC then you are eligiblefor NET exam.If eligible then apply online.
29th October 2010, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Im a MBA graduate Finance how to become a lecturer
30th October 2010, 01:25 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Yes, you are eligible to take the NET exam. The main thing is the subject selection, according to NET exam, since you have done your master degree in the subject of management(MBA) hence you are eligible for management subject, and you can not write NET exam in any other subject. You may get the Management subject in the list of UGCNET at 17th place.
To apply NET in management subject ,
-you have to submit Rs.450+20 for general and 225+20 for others , through bank challan copy, submitted in bank
-afterthat apply online with having a copy of scanned copy of your photograph at www.ugcnetonline.in

You may get all information regarding apply at this link:
http://www.ugcnetonline.in/how_to_apply.php
1st November 2010, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

hi sushant....thanks a lot for guiding me......really that is a great help....
1st November 2010, 07:46 PM
sakshigoyal

hiee sushant.....thanks a lot for perfect guidance...thats a great help from your side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushant Roy View Post
hi friend,

Yes, you are eligible to take the NET exam. The main thing is the subject selection, according to NET exam, since you have done your master degree in the subject of management(MBA) hence you are eligible for management subject, and you can not write NET exam in any other subject. You may get the Management subject in the list of UGCNET at 17th place.
To apply NET in management subject ,
-you have to submit Rs.450+20 for general and 225+20 for others , through bank challan copy, submitted in bank
-afterthat apply online with having a copy of scanned copy of your photograph at www.ugcnetonline.in

You may get all information regarding apply at this link:
http://www.ugcnetonline.in/how_to_apply.php
19th November 2010, 12:13 PM
megha ram singh

Smile Re: How to apply for NET exam after B.Com to become a Commerce Lecturer?

for cracking NET you have to first do your masters degree then only you can appear in NET so.. go for it.. all the best..
30th November 2010, 10:25 AM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,
NET conducts every year by UGC,just look through regularly on the commencement of the examination.for which you can visit the official site of UGC-www.ugc.ac.in
for syllabus of net follow the link-www.ugc.ac.in/inside/syllabus.html
BEST OF LUCK.
8th March 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

can I apply for UGC NET?.....as I have completed my B.com from ignou and cleared my CS finals this year(2011).
Is it necessary for me to complete my masters to apply for net?
11th April 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

i have done my b.com .i don'tget my migration certificate.thats why ican not do m.com.now can i apply for net exams
4th August 2011, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

as I want to do net in the field of economics & now i hv done my b.com, & b.edplz guide me the proper way that Further i persue m.ed or m.a eco, & what is elegibility for it
5th August 2011, 09:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakshigoyal View Post
hiee....i did my B.Com (2005) from rajasthan university and MBA (finance) from Banasthali University, rajasthan...right now i am residing in mumbai...and i want to apply for NET exam (commerce)...so that i can pursue my career as a lecturer in commerce subject..
Am i eligible for that ???? and if yes then how can i apply for that ??
dear friend,

you are not eligible for commerce stream because you have to completed your graduation in commerce .

but you have to completed your masters degree in finance.

eligibility criteria for NET*

M.Sc or equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned above, with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates*
and 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D.*

Age Eligibility:
For Juniour resaerch fellowship: 19 to 28 years
For lecturership: There is no upper age limit.Minimum age is 19 years.

all the best
15th September 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

hi, iam kavya. i completed B.Com and iam persuing m.com 1st year. am i eligible to apply for net exam?
19th December 2011, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is studying in S.Y.B.com. I wanted to know all the information about net exam for her. When she can appear for the net exam.
29th February 2012, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

i will be completing my post graduation in commerce this year, when can i aply for NET exam at the earliest and how, which subject should i pre Prefer?
29th February 2012, 06:13 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

yes

After completing Your post graduation in subject you can apply in NET examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

UGC conduct the examination twice in a year.

This examination is conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer ship.

Minimum qualification for NET entrance exam

Masters in subject from recognized university with at least 55% marks.

Age limit

For Junior Research Fellowship - age of the candidate should not be more then 28 years.

For Lecturer ship - There is no age limit to apply for Lecturer ship.

The exam consist three papers

Syllabus

Paper I
---------------General knowledge
---------------Current affairs
---------------Aptitude and reasoning
(It is 100 marks and a objective type paper).

Paper II
---------------Core subjects
(it carries 100 marks)

Paper III
--------------Selected core subjects
(It carries 200 marks)
(Total marks the paper carries is 400 marks)

www.ugc.ac.in
9th March 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b com from Calicut university with 47% mark and MBA from MG university with 55% mark.can i become a teacher in commerce at 2 level?pls reply urgently....
24th May 2012, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by megha ram singh View Post
for cracking NET you have to first do your masters degree then only you can appear in NET so.. go for it.. all the best..
i m b com student appearing now this year how i become lecturer after m.com to apply with net exam
2nd July 2013, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

What qualification is required to become a lecturer with good salary and whithin short time period?
30th September 2013, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

how to applay for net exam aftret ba to become arts lecturer
25th June 2014, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

I completed my b.com from du, and now I want my carrer in teaching in government college.
Please suggest me the steps what I do??
6th January 2017, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I have completed first year in M.com with 55.52% and is right now awaiting to give exam of second year m.com. I wish to apply for net exam. I need your guidance that at what time i should apply and which website i should refer to take more information of these exam? plz reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?