15th October 2012, 06:22 PM
gohil pradip

How to apply for private sector jobs?

Hi, this is pradip.i lived in surat.i want to ask that i had completed apprentiship in the surat peoples co-operative bank....but i had missed the ibps exam....now how can i apply in private sector banks for jobs ?

14th January 2016, 03:04 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to apply for private sector jobs?

Banking jobs are one of the best jobs around. They are usually worry free and demand certain skills that are not really hard to find. But getting a job in a good bank is easier said than done. Thus, one has to posses a certain level of educational qualification to start applying for bank jobs.

It is evident that the top exams to get through banks are the IBPS and SBI ones. However, if you have missed out on these exams then there is certainly no way you can get a good job in any of the top Public Sector Banks. However, there are definitely ways to get jobs in the private sector banks since they do not really have any competitive exams to crack.

There are however few things that you need to ensure before applying for a job at any bank. Here is the list:

1. Ensure that you have studied subjects like Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies and preferably commerce studies to have better scope in getting a bank job.

2. Once you are sure of your educational qualifications, you may start creating a CV for yourself that is inclined towards the banking industry. Concentrate more on making yourself aware of the latest happenings around and in the banking industry. It would also help you gain confidence for interview and group discussions.

3. Practice some quant, verbal and reasoning questions as they can be critical in deciding your fate in these situations. Essay writing is another good skill that everyone must have. For your information, the top private sector banks in India are HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citibank, Standard Chartered etc.

4. Once you are done with your preparations, update your profile on the major job portals like Shine jobs, Timesjobs, Naukri, Monster etc and post which you can start getting calls if and whenever there are opportunities, the banks would certainly shortlist your profile as per their requirements.

5. If you have any sources in any of the banks, please try to make use of that. Get in touch with people who are from this industry and try to check if there are openings in any of the banks. This networking really helps in getting good jobs in the market.

Last but not the least, please keep looking for other career options as well. It is not necessary that you would always get what you would want. Thus, I would suggest you to look for other jobs as well. IBPS and SBI Exams keep happening every year and so, even if you have missed one exam it should not make much of a difference. You can always sit again.
15th January 2016, 04:54 PM
sanju0770

Default Re: How to apply for private sector jobs?

There are many ways through which you can apply for private jobs in India.

1. Through Web Portal Like Monster, Timesjob, shine etc
2. Check daily classified section of the newspaper and apply in that with your resume
3. Check for Walkins
4. Ask people for reference who are already working in some nice company
5. Job fair are also nice to attend and chances are bright you get a job.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?