8th September 2012, 04:00 AM
rajeev818181

How to become a Doctor after doing BSc with Biology and MSc with Chemistry?

i had done bsc with biology and msc with chemistry.
what i had to do to become a doctor.
and how many years it will take place.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do MSc Biology? I am a BSc chemistry
  2. What are job opportunities for me after doing BSc with biology and MSc wit chemistry
  3. Job opportunities for BSc Chemistry or MSc Chemistry and what kind of jobs are available for BSc or MSc Chemistry in India and Middle East? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Doing MSc Chemistry without doing bridge course of BSc Chemistry? Can I do MSc Chemistry in 1 year sitting?
  5. Can I become a doctor after B.Sc biology? Can I continue studying MBBS after B.Sc or will have to start from the beginning? -- [New]
  6. After BSc Biology which one is better between MSc Chemistry and MBA?
  7. How to get admission in MSc Biotechnology after doing BSc chemistry
  8. Can I become a doctor if I have PC but no Biology in SPM
  9. Job prospect after PhD in Medical Biochemistry?
  10. Am I eligible for MSc in Molecular Biology after studying BSc Chemistry Hons
  11. Am I eligible to do B.Ed in Biology or Chemistry after doing MSc with Home Science?
  12. Can I do MSc Computer Science after completing BSc Chemistry with 49%
  13. How to do biotechnology after passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology? Is it compulsory to do BSc and MSc? List of some colleges in Pune? What is the qualifying marks for the entrance exam?
  14. How to pursue masters in Chemistry after completing BSc in chemsitry from DU? What is the minimum marks required to get into MSc? What is the scope of MSc in Organic Chemistry?
  15. What are the job opportunities after completing BSc Biology and Chemistry?
  16. How to get admission into MSc in pharmaceutical chemistry? I am a BSc final year student with chemistry honors
  17. Which course should I take after passing 12th? Is there any scope? I have completed 10th and interested in genetics
  18. Is there any possibility to do MBBS in abroad after passing BSc Biology with 62% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology?
8th September 2012, 10:22 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Doctor after doing BSc with Biology and MSc with Chemistry?

What is the point of doing MBBS after completing M.Sc. Why do you want to do a bachelor's course when you have have already completed post graduation course. I would not suggest that you opt for MBBS course now. Forget about it, this would be my recommendation.

Such decision should have been taken earlier in the life instead of now. If you opt for MBBS course now, it would mean that your B.Sc and M.Sc degrees won't have any advantage. I hope you are not thinking about a lateral entry, because you are not going to get one.

You will have to start all over again and appear in Medical Entrance exams that are conducted for candidates who have completed 10+2. Some of the exams are:

A.M.U

B.H.U

J.I.P.M.E.R

STATE- P.M.T

A.F.M.C

A.I.P.M.T

AIIMS MBBS entrance exam

Once you have passed any of these exams, you would get admission for the 5 and a half years long MBBS course. If recent reports are to go by, MBBS course duration is expected to increase to 6 years.

As you can see, there is no point of doing MBBS now. Instead why don't you find job related to your degree. You can appear for the National Eligibility Test and apply for lecturer job in central government colleges. This is just one of the many options in front of you.

However if you wish to study further then I would say, forget about MBBS and instead go for M.Phil or the Ph.D. These two are better options than what you are suggesting.
8th September 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a Doctor after doing BSc with Biology and MSc with Chemistry?

Mr. Rajeev,
You are talking about Medical Doctor or Doctorate Degree (PhD)?
8th September 2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

hello, i am megha presently i am studying b.sc microbiology dat is CZMb combination can i study mbbs after b.sc please tell me how can i take mbbs seat after b.sc
11th September 2012, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

After B.H.M.S. (Bechlar in Homoeopathy Medicine & Surgary) will I appear for DNB course or other PG course related to Medicine
30th October 2012, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

I am very confused related to my aimbition and presently i am studying in class 11. I get confused between engineer and doctor,only because of the total time in this .please say me what to do?
13th November 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello my name is Pushpalatha.U i am studying B.Sc(CBZ) in correspondance and i want to became a doctor after doing M.SC how many years to do M.B.B.S after M.Sc and can i join directly to regular course for collage for M.Sc after B.Sc in correspondance
31st May 2013, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

can we become a doctor after doing Bsc microbiology
31st May 2013, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

can we become a doctor after doing Bsc microbiology
17th June 2013, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

What should i do after msc in biochemistry,, i want to become a doctor as professional, not mbbs but another way of thing..
12th August 2013, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I m doing bsc in biology so is dere any scope for me to take admition for forensic sciences????
25th August 2013, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

lol!!!
U can b a Phd Doctor n even MBBS doc......after msc :)

studies never stops...
n knowledge never goes waste....
21st September 2013, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

l want to become a gynecological doctor......but l am doing bsc .is there any advantage of bsc in gyne field.or the option of drop is good.
8th November 2013, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

how it takes of years after studying biology to become a general doctor?
13th November 2013, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

what i do after doing bsc in biology except Msc.
30th January 2014, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

how can i am become a doctr afftr bsc.cbz
7th March 2014, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a doctor after i do my BSc in biology? if yes then please specify the route i will have to take and the time that will be required. Thanks.
12th April 2014, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello this is faheem doing Bsc MICROBIOLOGY. My aim is to become a good medical microbiologist. Please tell me, about the qualities and studies that I should acheive to become a good microbiologist.
18th April 2014, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

hi i'm jeyakanth , i completed B.Sc CS i want studies in MBBS it's possible, plz reply to my mail id [email protected]
4th May 2014, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends ...
I always wanted to have a carrier in medical field but due to lack of information and financial crisis, I couldnt.
I have done MSc biochemistry from bangalore university. After that I got married.now I want to go for mbbs.my age is 25years. .can I get admission for mbbs..
8th May 2014, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I am studying bsc hns in biotechnology in kalyani university nd i am hs studnt of 2012 btch. . . .plz suggest me how can i admission mbbs or equivalent course?
23rd May 2014, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

hai i am nw just 2ndpu completed, i am doing bsc for mbbs bt cbz/microbiology these two whick is more opportunity for mbbs seets
27th May 2014, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

what is better in job opportunities from MSC in phy and homeopathy
21st June 2014, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

After complete bsc. In bio can I become a doctor how many year's of MBBS after bsc. Bio
30th June 2014, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

I'm msc biochemistry and microbiology but now I'm very curious to become a mbbs doctor .kindly suggest me how can it possible plzzzzz.....?I got 53% marks in fsc .can I improve my fsc after msc for doing mbbs or without improvement I can get admission? plz rep me on [email protected]
12th July 2014, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

I am not going for any coaching class to crack medical entrance exam...suggest me books to study and crack the medical entrance exam
22nd July 2014, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

I have done my BSc. In Chemistry and MSc. in Organic chemistry. I am about to join a Phd program in medical biochemistry. I want to know what kind of job opportunities might I get after this? Is it better for me to pursue a Phd in pure chemistry instead medical biochemistry?
7th January 2015, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

I have a doubt about what career options are available after doing MSc in Biology? What does one exactly do during and after the MSc course?
28th March 2015, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

I am a bsc in zoology can I took admission in mbbs or any other course to become a doctor instead of phd?
28th March 2015, 01:29 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Please note that

# You have expressed the wish to become doctor after post-graduation degree in Chemistry.

# But I am still confused over your query. Whether you want of doctor through P,hd OR want to become doctor through MBBS.

# To become doctor through P.hd is very nice idea. For this, firstly, you have to go for M.Phil and thereafter, for P.hd.

# But if you are thinking about becoming doctor through MBBS, then it is not a correct decision. It would not be fit for you at this juncture of age.

# If you go for MBBS, then the bachelor degree as well as post-graduate degree will not be helpful for you.

# Earlier you have consumed last five years for bachelor degree & post-graduate degree and again you are consuming next 5.5 years for MBBS course. In this way, you will spend 10.5 years of your life only in getting degrees.

# Doing MBBS at this stage raise many questions like:

* When will you start practice and settle in life?
* What benefits will get from your earlier degrees?
* How do you compensate the loss of years consumed in studies?
5th July 2015, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

I have done Bsc in zoology and also have given CET exam in 2013.
Can I get admission in MBBS or in any other medical feid.?
9th September 2015, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

how it is possible to get MD degree after bs or mphil microbiloggy in pakistan or in any other country
25th February 2016, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

how much time will it take to complete my BSC MSC and PH.D in biology? plzz help
14th March 2016, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

How to become a doctor after completing B.Sc in Chemistry...?Is there any other option except MBBS?Is there any lateral entry option...?
27th July 2016, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MD in microbiology after completing msc. Hons. Microbiology????
28th July 2016, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to enter in MBBS program (either in India or out of India) after doing M.SC and PhD in chemistry? If it is possible then what is the procedure?
23rd April 2017, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

I have done bsc biochemistry. I am confuse what to do further. Am i eligible for PG in dermatology and cosmetology?
14th May 2017, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my MSC in zoology n specialization was endocrinology. Now I want to do some course in medical field and b something in my life.
18th August 2017, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

How to become a Doctor after doing BSc with biology , PGDCA and MSc with computer science?
29th November 2018, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue masters degree in nutrion if I have bachelor degree in chemistry.. Botany... And zoology
27th December 2018, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a cardiology scientist, I want to do PhD and pdf in abroad,I have joined in msg integrated biotechnology, please suggest me
11th August 2019, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

How to become a forensic toxicologist? Is chemistry Bsc,Msc help for that?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?