7th July 2011, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer after completing 12th standard?

I have completed 12th standard and my aim is to become IPS my father is suggesting me to prepare for it,is it necessary to prepare from now onwards?

28th July 2012, 01:38 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer after completing 12th standard?

After 12th class, you cannot apply for IPS officer post. For this post, graduation qualification in any subject is necessary. You have to appear for UPSC Civil services exam as part of this. You have to clear both levels of written exam so as to attend physical test and personal interview. If you interested, you can initiate your preparations for IPS post right after completing 12th class. This will help you to qualify this exam with thorough preparation.
28th July 2012, 04:58 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

After 12th you are not eligible for this exam .To apply for IPS exam minimum qualification required is Graduation from a recognized University.

IPS exams are conducted by UPSC every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications for IPS :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th November 2013, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

how cqn i prepare for ips exam.
8th February 2014, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

recpected
Sir/maim
my name is kumari sandeep mishra and i want became a ips officer and my qualification is a i will complet my 12th in scince and pasuning in B.A. first year
and i am web&software enginiar so can you help me that how can i will apply for ips officer
this is a my email id([email protected]) so can you replay me my emailid .
thankyou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?