27th October 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Pilot after completing B.Tech ECE? What is the procedure to become a Pilot?

sir i am completed my b.tech(ECE) in 2012,i want to became a pilot.
so, please give me the procedure to became pilot

30th April 2013, 11:27 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Pilot after completing B.Tech ECE? What is the procedure to become a Pilot?

hi,

YES YOU CAN JOIN IN AIR FORCE AS A PILOT..

As per your qualification you had to give CDSE with 56-60% in maths and physics or b.tech.

your age should be 19-24yrs(should not be more than 27yrs.)

you can join in flying branch.

The most important test to become an IAF pilot is- pilot aptitude battery test(PABT).PABT includes 1)instrumental battery test ( INSB ),
2)SENSORY MOTOR APPARATUS TEST(SMA),
3)CONTROL VELOCITY TEST(CVT).

Selection process;-

Written exam

SSB interview

Medical test

All the best................

17th May 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a Pilot after completing B.Tech ECE? What is the procedure to become a Pilot?

I am graduate (B.E.Electronics).I want to become pilot in IAF.There is criteria of 60%marks in graduation.So what does it means 60% overall aggregate of of four years of course or 60% in final year.

30th June 2013, 10:39 PM
Ankur.Sunny

After completing B.Tech. you can apply for CDS to join as a pilot.

CDS is Combined Defence Service

It has 4 wings :

> Air force wing

> Navy wing

> Army wing

> Officers Training Academy

CDS Examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission). Through CDS Air Force Academy you can join as a Pilot.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS (Air Force Academy):

• You should have completed Bachelor degree course in Engineering from recognized university.

• Your Age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

• You should be Male.

• You must be Unmarried.

• You must be Indian citizen.

• You should be Physically & Mentally fit.

Physical Standard for Air Force Pilot:

> Vision Standards :

> Height weight :

Application Procedure:

You can apply for this Exam in Online mode only.

In Online mode you can apply directly by using UPSC official website :www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details refer to the official website of UPSC.

1st July 2013, 12:42 AM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am completed my b.tech(ECE) in 2012,i want to became a pilot.
so, please give me the procedure to became pilot
Dear Aspirant,

Thats very good to serve the country.If you want to do the pilot service then the airforce wing conducts every year a entrance exam.

The exam name is called AFCAT.

This exam is for the graduates only.The exam is for both men and women.

Great number of applicants apply for this exam and write the exam.

The portion for the exam is very simple.It will be based on the maths and english.

Process of recruitment:

Written Test

Physical Test

Interview

These will be the main rounds for the pilot training.

If you are selected then the 1 year or more than that will be the training period.

For that 1 year you should not marry because it is the rule in the NDA.

For more details you can visit www.nda.nic.in

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.

1st July 2013, 06:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for the Commercial pilot course. You can actually start the course after finishing 12th. There was no need to pursue graduation. But since you have, its not going to be any problem.

The problem you may face is the cost of the course. Commercial pilot course will cost you no less than 10 to 15 Lakh rupee. Are you up to it? Can you afford the amount. Only go ahead if your answer is yes.

However do consider it as good investment. Because whatever you will spent in the pilot course, can be make up as a pilot. Commercial pilots have good salary and there are additional perks as well.

Eligibility

1. At least 12th standard should have been passed.

2. There should be 50 percent marks in it.

3. The age limit is 18 to 30 years for the exam.

Physical Requirement

1. The height of the candidate should at least be 5 feet.

2. 6/6 vision is required to apply for the course.

3. Eyesight can be corrected through lenses but no contact lens.

4. You should not have fear of height.

Procedure

Student’s Pilot Licence

Firstly you will obtain the Student’s Pilot Licence. This licence can actually be taken after completing 12th. There is no flying lessons involved to get the licence. You only have to clear a mathematics test on various aspects of aircraft with at least 75 percent marks.

Private Pilot Licence

You will next aim for the Private Pilot Licence. To apply for this licence yo should have completed 12th standard. Now your training will start. An instructor will teach you to fly the plane. Then you will gain 40 hours of flying experience with instructor and 20 hours of solo flying experience. Once you have done that, clear a written test to get the Private Pilot Licence.

Commercial Pilot Licence

In the final stage you will have to gain flying experience of 250 hours. This will be followed by series of written tests on Air Regulations, Aviation Meteorology etc. In the end you will go through medical test which will be conducted by the group of doctors by Director General Civil Aviation (DGCA).

20th July 2013, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir, m completing my b.tech in 2014... I want to become an pilot n wat the procedures for it... Plz suggest me my email id:- [email protected]

22nd March 2014, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir Can u tell me any institute where i applying to learn to fly plane. plz mail me [email protected]

30th June 2015, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

sir how to become a pilot after completing B.E [CSE].. am a girl.. what r u scopes.? cn i write CDS exams.? plz do suggest me.. my [email protected]

30th June 2015, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

sir how to become a pilot after completing B.E [CSE].. am a girl.. what r u scopes.? cn i write CDS exams.? plz do suggest me.. my [email protected]

5th March 2017, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is krishna vamsi sir please suggest me to how to do know to write an entrance exam to become a pilot in IAF
email id:[email protected]

23rd August 2020, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

sir i am btech graduate in ECE (2020 )and i have 75 % marka in my graduation but i score 63 % in my 12 th now how will i proceed please guide me how can i become pilot in a minimal cost . waiting for your reply revert it as soon as possible

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?