29th July 2019, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

How can a candidate appear for 12th CBSE Board exams as a private candidate?

I have failed in class 11th final exams which I am studying from a school affiliate to CBSE. So, will I be promoted to class 12th or do I need to repeat the class 11th? If repeat, then is it possible to do 12th as a private candidate under CBSE curriculum only? If yes, then how?

4th August 2019, 07:02 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a candidate appear for 12th CBSE Board exams as a private candidate?

No, you will not be promoted to 12th standard without qualifying 11th standard. Class 11 is an important standard to qualify as it contains basics of class 12. So, you must qualify it before going to Class 12.

Yes, you can appear for Class 12 as a Private candidate. As you will be appearing as a Private candidate, so you just have to appear for Board Exams at the end of academic year.

To apply as a Private candidate for Class 12, you will have to fill up the form of external candidate. The form can be obtained either from the CBSE Regional Office or school itself (if they provide only). Along with submitting this form, you will have to submit relevant documents like 11th standard marksheet, ID proof, address proof, etc. Also, you need to pay the fees required to appear for external candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?