27th October 2011, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for CLAT after passing 12th?

how can i apply for clat after completing 10+2...could u please mention to me the procedure for it

4th December 2011, 07:09 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for CLAT after passing 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can i apply for clat after completing 10+2...could u please mention to me the procedure for it
Hello friend,
The Common Law Admission Test is organised by The WB National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata and is a common test conducted by 11 national law universities of India.
To apply for the exam, you will have to wait for the notification which is supposed to be conducted every year.
Since you have completed +2 level of exam, you must have scored a minimum of 50% to be eligible for the test.
For more infromation, refer to the official website of CLAT.
4th December 2011, 10:40 PM
Shweta1992

Quote:
If you have scored more than 50% marks in your 12th, in aggregate (not less than 45% in the case of SC/ST/OBC and people with Disability) irrespective of your stream. And your age should not be more than 20 years in case of General and OBC category people. For candidates of the SC and ST category and for those with Disability, the maximum age should not be more than 22 years.
If you qualify these criteria, then go to the official website of CLAT which is www.clat.ac.in
They will give updates regarding the University setting the questions, places where you'll get the forms for CLAT questions, other pre-requisites regarding CLAT. CLAT is the exam which is applied for after passing 12th...good luck n do well.
5th April 2012, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of 12th commras, i am how applied for clat and what abvlity i need.
name -rohit
23rd April 2012, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

from where i can get the form of clat to register for clat examination?
21st May 2012, 03:32 PM
yashkotak

HI,CLAT is the common law admission test for 14 law universities in India. Eligibility for clat exam is ---
1. You must score 50% of marks in class 12th(45%for ST and SC)
2.you must be less than 20 years of age.(22 years for SC and ST)
visit clat .ac.in to get clat form and admit card along with information of various top national law universities ...............Best of luck
12th August 2012, 10:01 PM
samatha89
Member+

If you have scored more than 50% marks in your 12th, in aggregate (not less than 45% in the case of SC/ST/OBC and people with Disability) irrespective of your stream. And your age should not be more than 20 years in case of General and OBC category people. For candidates of the SC and ST category and for those with Disability, the maximum age should not be more than 22 years.
If you qualify these criteria, then go to the official website of CLAT which is www.clat.ac.in
They will give updates regarding the University setting the questions, places where you'll get the forms for CLAT questions, other pre-requisites regarding CLAT. CLAT is the exam which is applied for after passing 12th...good luck n do well.

The NALSAR Entrance test is carried out by the National Academy of Legal Studies and Research. The aim of this exam is the admission of candidates into the graduate and postgraduate level courses that are being offered in the institution. The admittance of the aspirants is done by way of the Common Law admission Test (CLAT).

Structure of the NALSAR (CLAT) Exam

The paper of the CLAT entrance test will carry 200 marks. The questions will be of the objective nature and the aspirants will have the opportunity to select the correct answer from the set that is provided to them. The duration of the exam is 2 hours. The questions of the exams will be from topics like:

English
Mathematics
General Knowledge
Logical Reasoning
Legal Aptitude

Each of these sections will carry 50 marks.

Syllabus of the NALSAR (CLAT) Exam

The CLAT exam will be similar to the syllabus of class 12. The topic division is as follows:

English - 40 questions:

Antonyms
Synonyms
Comprehension
Grammar and Its Usage

Elementary Mathematics - 20 question:

Short note questions and simple problems from elementary mathematics

General Awareness – 50 questions:

The aspirants will have to write small essays on different topics concerning laws.

Legal Aptitude - 45 questions:

The aspirants will have to write an essay about Constitutional law of India.

Logical Reasoning - 45 question:

The aspirants will have to write short essay on the jurisdiction.

Reference books for the NALSAR (CLAT) Exam

Dr. B. B. Jain’s A Comprehensive Book of English Grammar by AP Bhardwaj’s Study Package for LAT & LLB Entrance Examinations
Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning by Panel of Experts
Mazumdar Rituparna’s CLAT Common Law Admission Test
Practise Papers for CLAT Common Law Admission Test 2010 by Gaurav Mehta
RPH Editorial Board’s Guide for Common Law Admission Test CLAT

Study plan for the NALSAR (CLAT) Exam

The candidate should read newspapers, magazines to know about the happenings in India and all over the world. Apart from this, they must concentrate on the subject themselves too. Each and every topic has to be covered completely. Besides the guides mentioned above, many more will be available for giving guidance to the students. One other thing the students need to keep in mind is to keep in touch with the internet. News as well as other details concerning the exam itself will be updated and the students will find that a great help prior to their exams.
1st April 2013, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

i m jst asking the detail of clat...
2nd April 2013, 07:36 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CLAT or Common Law Admission Test is an All India Law Entrance Test which is given by law aspirants for doing graduation and post graduation in law. Fourteen national law universities takes part in this exam and by following a rotation process, each year one of the university takes charge of conducting the exam. This year the exam is due in May 12, 2013.

Eligibility For LLB:-
  • You need to complete higher secondary exam or its equivalent of a recognized board with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate.
  • If you are a SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidate then you need to get 45% of marks in aggregate.
  • If you are a final year student then also you are eligible to sit for this exam.
  • The upper age limit for general category candidate is 20 years.
  • For reserved category candidate there is upper age limit relaxation. For them the upper age limit is 22 years.

Eligibility For LLM:-
  • If you are a general category candidate then you need to have an LLB/B.L. degree from a recognized university with not less than 50% of marks at graduation level.
  • For SC/ST/PWD/OBC candidates the percentage to secure at grad level is 45% of marks in aggregate.
  • If you are about to appear for the qualifying degree exam or awaiting the result of that exam then also you can sit for this exam.

Application Procedure:-

Generally the sale of application forms starts from January and usually in the month of May the exam is held. During this time period for all latest information you should keep an eye on their official website.

The application form can be downloaded from the official website of CLAT. The brochure and application form can also be obtained by paying Rs. 3000 in any branches of SBI. SC/ST/PWD candidates needs to pay Rs. 2500. Otherwise by paying a demand draft in favor of the university which is in charge of conducting the exam in that year, you can get the application kit as well.

Hope this helps :-> :->
2nd April 2013, 10:43 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i m jst asking the detail of clat...
CLAT exam is held for admissions to National law colleges

Educational Qualifications required to sit in this exam is: 12th Pass with Minimum 45% marks

Age- Maximum age to apply is 20 years

Questions will be asked from the below sections in the written test:
English including Comprehension - 40 marks
Legal Aptitude- 50 marks
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) 20 marks
Logical Reasoning – 40 marks
General Knowledge/ Current Affairs – 50 Marks

LAW colleges for which CLAT exams is held are:
National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)
National University of Study Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
3rd April 2013, 09:18 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

CLAT - Common Law Admission Test is an entrance exam conducted by Law Universities for admission to under Graduate LL.B.(Bachelor of Law) course every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed 12th in any stream with 50% marks(45% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised Board within the age of 0 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

CLAT can be applied on line through official web site i.e. http://www.clat.ac.in
3rd April 2013, 04:32 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for CLAT is Common Law Admission Test.

CLAT is a centralised test for admission to prominent National Law Universities in India.

The test is taken after the 12th grade for admission to graduation (also known as Bachelor's) courses in Law and after Graduation in Law for Master of Laws LL.M programs conducted by these Law Universities.

The eligibility criteria required for CLAT examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with 50% marks from any accredited board.

* Age limit:- 20 yrs for General and OBC contenders.
22 yrs for SC/ST and PWD contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* 45% marks required for SC/ST contenders.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?