24th April 2010, 08:28 PM
nitish gupta

How can I apply for PSU exam if I am a B.Tech student of CS? Eligibility criteria, syllabus and application form date of exam?

i am b.tech student of c.s . how i can apply to psu exams ..what is criteria for exams..what sylaabus is required for exams...last date for apllication form yo apply..?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for IES and PSU exam? If I have 55% in B.Tech am I eligible? Where to get the application form?
  2. Eligibility criteria, procedure and examination date of various PSU recruitment exams for B.Tech(CSE) 7th semester student?
  3. Procedure to apply for job in PSU for B.Tech(E&TC) 4th year student through GATE? Eligibility to apply for job?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for EAMCET exam? What is the syllabus of the entrance exam and when will be the application form out? -- [New]
  5. Eligibility criteria to appear for PSU exam?
  6. Date of PSU exam? Date of sale of PSU application form?
  7. Details such as date of notification release, syllabus and last date of application of PSU exam?
  8. What is the date of PSU exam? What is the scope of PSU sector?
  9. Eligibility criteria and application procedure for PSU exams?
  10. Eligibility criteria, exam pattern, cutoff details of PSU entrance exam?
  11. Information about PSU exam? What is the syllabus and date of the exam?
  12. How to apply for PSU exam? Date of sale of PSU exam forms?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria for PSU? Which branch can I apply for PSU?
  14. Is it necessary to appear for GATE after passing B.Tech CSE? What is the syllabus of CAT and PSU exam
  15. List of various PSU's in India? Date of PSU exam and their eligibility criteria? Is B.Tech Civil Engineering student eligible?
  16. Syllabus of PSU and GATE exam? How to prepare for it? Which are the branches of PSU?
  17. When the application form of NIPER PhD entrance exam will be released? Eligibility criteria and last date of application?
  18. Eligibility criteria of RTO exam? Date of exam and procedure to apply for it? Syllabus and reference books for the exam? -- [Most Discussed]
15th May 2011, 10:48 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

Default Re: How can I apply for PSU exam if I am a B.Tech student of CS? Eligibility criteria, syllabus and application form date of exam?

Eligibility criteria

General requirements:

• B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc.(Engg.) – Degree required

• For final-year students, the final result of 8th semester and mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.

• Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs Gen. Category:-60%-70%; Reserved Category:-50%-60%.

• Some PSUs allow only present final year students and last two year pass-outs. e.g. NTPC

Exams dates of upsc & psu exams-->

Exam notification & issue of application forms : sep 11, 2010.
Date of availability of UPSC online/offline forms : sep 11, 2010.
Last date of submission of online/offline application forms : oct 11, 2010.
Last date of request in change of exam centers : Nov 10, 2010.

Date of written exam is : January 16, 2011.

for syllabus you can refer to their websites and search over internet

Good Luck
15th May 2011, 06:31 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I apply for PSU exam if I am a B.Tech student of CS? Eligibility criteria, syllabus and application form date of exam?

As a Computer Science Student you can apply for Public Sector Companies like:-

ISRO,CIMFR(Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research Hiring),HAL,BSNL(JTO)..etc

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
The basic Eligibility criteria is the candidate must be from B.E/B.Tech background from a recognized University with an aggregate around 60-70% as mentioned by the PSU.The upper age limit and other such criteria will be decided by the PSU.

SELECTION PROCESS:
Each PSU has got it's own recruitment procedure hence you need to apply for each PSU separately.Eligible candidates will have to undergo an all India Selection Test. Based on merit and requirement, the list of successful candidates will be short listed. All short listed candidates will have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview before the Company's Central Selection Board. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview.

SYLLABUS:
The syllabus will be generally all your core subjects right from the first year like C & DS, UNIX, DBMS, ADS, Software Engineering..etc.The syllabus will be generally mentioned by the PSU if not mentioned then just go through all your core subjects along with Aptitude & Reasoning,English,General Reasoning and Current Affairs.

The notification and other details will be available in the official websites of the companies.You can even visit

http://www.india.gov.in
15th May 2011, 07:08 PM
mohd haider

ISRO,CIMFR(Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research Hiring),HAL,BSNL(JTO)..etc

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
The basic Eligibility criteria is the candidate must be from B.E/B.Tech background from a recognized University with an aggregate around 60-70% as mentioned by the PSU.The upper age limit and other such criteria will be decided by the PSU.

SELECTION PROCESS:
Each PSU has got it's own recruitment procedure hence you need to apply for each PSU separately.Eligible candidates will have to undergo an all India Selection Test. Based on merit and requirement, the list of successful candidates will be short listed. All short listed candidates will have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview before the Company's Central Selection Board. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview.

SYLLABUS:
The syllabus will be generally all your core subjects right from the first year like C & DS, UNIX, DBMS, ADS, Software Engineering..etc.The syllabus will be generally mentioned by the PSU if not mentioned then just go through all your core subjects along with Aptitude & Reasoning,English,General Reasoning and Current Affairs.

The notification and other details will be available in the official websites of the companies.You can even visit

http://www.india.gov.in

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=59555#ixzz1MQ 5xBsE7
15th May 2011, 10:49 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Red face Re: How can I apply for PSU exam if I am a B.Tech student of CS? Eligibility criteria, syllabus and application form date of exam?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
=>candidate should get atleast 65% in engineering
=>candidate should be from indian nationality
=>candidate shoud be final year or two years passed out
=>candidates are shortlisted based on the marks obtained from the exam

you can get job in public sector like
=>ISRO
TELECOMMUNICATION CONSULTANCY INDIA LIMITED(TCIL)

to crack the exam,you should be strong in
=>C
=>C++
=>JAVA
=>SOFTWARE ENGINEERING,ETC.. RELATED TO COMPUTER ENGINEERING

YOU MUST STUDY ATLEAST 4 HOURS PER DAY TO CRACK THE EXAM...

ALL THE BEST...

REGARDS
YO
2nd June 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

i'm it student can i join psu on java basis
21st June 2011, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i m doing b.tech under kuk...frm ece stream,..,..what are the best scope for me after doing b.tech?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?