24th July 2016, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Custom Officer? What would be the starting salary after becoming a Custom Officer?

Hello Sir, I want to become a Custom Officer. I want to to give me all the details regarding, How to study and what to study? I also want to tell me that what What would be the salary of a Custom Officer?

26th July 2016, 01:20 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Custom Officer? What would be the starting salary after becoming a Custom Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I want to become a Custom Officer. I want to to give me all the details regarding, How to study and what to study? I also want to tell me that what What would be the salary of a Custom Officer?
Selection of ‘Group A’ Officers in Customs department is carried out through CSAT exam. The exam is carried out by UPSC. You must mention Indian Customs and Central Excise Service (IC&CES), as the most preferred choice.

Degree required: To sit for CSAT Exam you need to have a bachelor degree from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for the post. The qualifying degree must be obtained in any stream with minimum 55% marks.

Age Limit: The lower age limit is 21 years and upper age limit is 30 years.

UPSC Exam is conducted in two stages, preliminary and mains. There will be two compulsory papers for preliminary exam. Time allotted for answering each paper is 2 hours. Paper I may cover questions on general knowledge and day to day affairs across the globe. Paper II comprises questions on reasoning, mental ability, quantitative aptitude and English Language.
26th July 2016, 09:57 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I become a Custom Officer? What would be the starting salary after becoming a Custom Officer?

Custom Department control the import & export of goods to collect duty & maintain a check on entry of restricted goods. UPSC conducts entrance exam to recruit custom officers.

Eligibility
- You must be Indian.
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- You must possess a vehicle license.
- Your age should be at least 18 years.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Exam Pattern
- Preliminary Exam consist 2 papers & each paper has 2 hours time duration. Paper 1 consist questions from General Knowledge & Current Affairs. Paper II questions will be asked from Quantitative Aptitude , Mental Ability , Reasoning , English Language.
- There will be total 9 papers in Main Exam.
- Candidates who have passed Main Exam will be called for Interview.

Required Skills For Custom Officer
- Leadership
- Problem Solving skill
- Good Judgement
- Perceptiveness
- Good Communication Skill
- Work Flexibility Schedules

Custom Officer Salary
In India , Starting salary of custom officer is Rs.2,20,000/- per year. After that , It will rise based on experience & performance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?