16th August 2013, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IES officer? I am a 5th semester student of B.Tech mechanical

sir,i'm saurabh gupta from agra.I'm in 5th semester of b.tech (mechanical). i want to be a IES officer,but i don't know how to start this preparation.i'm a average student.please suggest me to start the preparation from begining to end..if it possible with self study.tell me how to make notes for this.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I continue my B.Tech education if I join Indian Navy in 5th Semester of my B.Tech?
  2. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Procedure to apply for Training in SAIL-Bokaro for B.Tech(ME) 5th semester student?
  4. What are the options available in training for me while doing B.Tech 5th semester?
  5. What are the options available for me in training while in B.Tech 5th semester?
  6. How to become a Junior Telecom Officer? I am a B.E EC 5th semester student
  7. Information about GATE/IES examination? I am a student of B.Tech(Mechanical and Automation)
  8. Procedure to apply for Internship/Training in SAIL-Bokaro for B.Tech(E&TC) 5th semester student?
  9. Details about IES and PSU exam?
  10. Training in Mahindra & Mahindra for B.Tech(ME) 5th semester student?
  11. Kurukshetra University, B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, 5th Sem.,-Industrial Engineering Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. How to apply for last semester industrial training in companies? I am a student of 5th semester MCA
  13. Can I get a job in Navy after scoring 66.82% in 5th semester of Mechanical Engineering diploma
  14. How can I apply for Industrial Training in BHEL being a B.Tech(EE) 5th semester student?
  15. Winter Internship in NTPC, Mouda for B.Tech(ME) 5th semester student? -- [New]
  16. When should I start coaching for GATE exam(5th or 7th semester)?
  17. Procedure to apply for Internship programme in DLF for B.Tech 5th semester student?
  18. How to crack GATE exam? I am a student of 5th semester
17th July 2014, 02:11 AM
Prathmic09

Default Re: How can I become an IES officer? I am a 5th semester student of B.Tech mechanical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i'm saurabh gupta from agra.I'm in 5th semester of b.tech (mechanical). i want to be a IES officer,but i don't know how to start this preparation.i'm a average student.please suggest me to start the preparation from begining to end..if it possible with self study.tell me how to make notes for this.
To become an IES officer you need to appear in Civil Service Entrance examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Examination for every year. The important notification regarding the entrance examination will be published in employment newspaper and official website of UPSC.

The Applicant who are interested to appear in Civil Service Entrance examination, the applicant should have completed Bachelor in engineering any specialization from recognized university. The applicant age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST and OBC category students. So, If you satisfy the educational qualification and age limit, then you are eligible for IES entrance examination for sure.

To crack the IES entrance examination with good marks, then you may refer various books available in the market or you can join in any private institution. You can also go through the previous year questions
17th July 2014, 08:27 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I become an IES officer? I am a 5th semester student of B.Tech mechanical

Aspirants must be B.tech in either civil, electrical, mechanical, electrical and communication. The exam will be conducted by UPSC and age limit is 21-30 years. The services constitute of engineers who will be working with Indian government managing public sector economy like Railroads, Public works, Power, Telecommunications. Entrance test comprise of written test, interview.
The qualified candidates are picked under the following categories:
Category – I Civil Engineering
(i) Indian Railway Service of Engineers
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service
(iii) Central Engineering Service
(iv) Military Engineer Service (Building and Roads Cadre)
(v) Central Water Engineering
(vii) Assistant Executive Engineer
(viii) Survey of India Service

Category – I Mechanical Engineering
(i) Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
(iii) Central Water Engineering Service
(iv) Indian Ordnance Factories Service
(v) Indian Naval Armament Service
(vi) Assistant Executive Engineer (in Ministry of Defence)
(vii) Assistant Naval Store officer Grade I in Indian Navy
(viii) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service
(ix) Assistant Executive Engineer (in Boarder Roads Engineering Service)
(x) Mechanical Engineer (in Geological Survey of India)
Category – I Electrical Engineering
(i) Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
(iii) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service
(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service
(v) Military Engineer Service
(vi) Assistant Executive Engineer (in Ministry of Defence)
(vii) Assistant Naval Store (in Indian Navy)
Category – I Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
(i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers
(iii) Indian Ordnance Factories Service
(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service
(v) Assistant Executive Engineer (in Ministry of Defence)
(vi) Engineer in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation
(vii) Assistant Naval Stores officer (in Indian Navy)
(viii) Survey of India Service
Vani Institute, ACE Engineering Academy, IMS Learning Center, Career Launcher, Akash Institute, Balkiwal are considered proficient for coaching for Indian Engineering Service.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?