28th September 2016, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Loco Pilot?

I wish to become a loco pilot.. Its my dream, Please help me to join loco pilot study centre. I dont know any details regarding that. I have a strong believe you will help me.

28th September 2016, 09:25 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Loco Pilot?

To become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways, you have to apply for Loco Pilot examination when the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) releases the notification for recruitment of candidates to loco pilot posts.

Eligibility criteria required to appear in RRB Loco Pilot examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should have passed ITI or Diploma in Mechanical/ Automobile/ Electrical/ Electronics Engineering course from a Government recognised Institute.

=> You should be at least 17 years to be eligible to apply for RRB Loco Pilot examination. Upper age relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates as per Government norms.

As per the data you have quoted in your query, it is clear that it's your desire to become a loco pilot, so, I suggest you to wait and have a look for RRB Loco Pilot examination notification. Once, the notification is released, you can apply for the examination and you need to qualify all the rounds of the recruitment process to become a Loco Pilot.
28th September 2016, 09:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become loco pilot a candidate has minimum qualification of Matric and must have completed ITI in any specific trade. Degree holders can also apply for this post and minimum age is 18 and maximum should not exceed 28 years.
Candidates who have completed diploma in Engineering are also eligible for this post.

Selection Procedure:

RRB

Personal Interview
28th September 2016, 11:32 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become loco pilot in Indian Railway you have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by Railway Recruitment Board.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10th and have ITI or Diploma degree in mechanical, electrical etc from a recognised university.

So, you need to appear and qualify in written entrance examination to get selection for next stages and for final recruitment. The minimum age limit to appear for examination is 18 years. For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
22nd May 2017, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

I have pass 9 with very good percentage and i am 17 now i have decided to become a loco pilot now what i have to do to become a loco pilot please
3rd October 2018, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 10th with 75% now i have to know wht is the course to take in iti to join in loco pilot
4th January 2020, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have pass 9 with very good percentage and i am 17 now i have decided to become a loco pilot now what i have to do to become a loco pilot please
You have to pass 10th, have done a course in diploma or iti or engineering. 9th marks will be overlooked.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?