5th February 2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a NDA officer after passing Arts?

I made n.d.a.officer but i am arts students how?...please tell me how can I do it

6th February 2012, 01:04 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a NDA officer after passing Arts?

National Defence Academy

With Art stream, you can not join NDA.

UPSC conduct NDA exam twice in year for three wings of nda Air force,Army,Navy & Navel Academy.

Qualification:– Candidate must have passed 12th class with 55% from a recognized university or college.Candidate should have Physics, mathematics, and Chemistry in 12th.

Final year students in 12th class are also eligible to apply NDA.

Age limit- Only unmarried male candidate whose age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years can apply.

www.upsc.gov.in
6th February 2012, 01:30 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How can I become a NDA officer after passing Arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I made n.d.a.officer but i am arts students how?...please tell me how can I do it
Dear Aspirant

You can join Indian Army as an Officer through NDA{National Defence Academy} Exam after passing 12th with Arts stream.

-To join NDA, You will have to appear in NDA entrance Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission[UPSC]. This exam helds two times in the year generally as NDA I & NDA II. Only unmarried male candidates can appear in this exam.

NDA offers to join Indian Army, Navy & Air Force wings.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam:
---------------------------------

• For Indian Army, You should have passed 12th standard from State board or recognized school.
  • For Navy & Air Force, You should have passed 12th standard with Physics & Mathematics subjest.
  • There is no percentage limit mentioned for this exam.
  • If you are appearing in 12th then you can also apply.
  • Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 year.
  • You must be citizen of India.

Physical Requirements necessary for NDA
-------------------------------------------

Application Procedure for NDA Exam:
------------------------------------------

For more detail visit UPSC website: http://upsc,gov.in

Important dates for NDA 2012 exam:
------------------------------------

For NDA I

*Notification Announced : 31/12/2011

*Last Date of Submission of Application form : 30/01/2012

*Examination date : 15/04/2012.

For NDA II

*Date of Notification : 05/05/2012

*Last Date of Submission of Application form : 04/06/2012

*Commencement of Examination : 19/08/2012

Selection Procedure for NDA:
------------------------------

The selection process for NDA contain 3-stages->

1. Written Exam
2. Interview
3. Medical test.

Exam Pattern& syllabus for NDA written test:
--------------------------------------------

There will be written Examination for total of 900 marks in two Subjects

1. Mathematics - Maximum marks is 300 and the duration of the test is 2.5 Hrs.
2. General Ability Test - Maximum marks is 600 and the duration of the test is 2.5 Hrs.

The papers in both the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.

Regards
4G Solutions
6th February 2012, 06:52 AM
pandeyshekhar89

Dear friend,

As you are from Arts then you can Join only the Indian Army not the Naval or Air wings. You can apply in the NDA Army wings because eligibility criteria of NDA are given below:

Eligibility Criteria of NDA Exam:

1. Sex and Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

2. Educational Qualifications :

a) For Army wing of NDA: Any students which are pass class 12th or 10+2 Pattern of any state board or a university are eligible to apply.
b) For Air Force and Naval Wings: Those candidates which are studies Mathematics and Physics at he class 12th are eligible to apply.

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

If your above eligibility is complete then you can apply in the NDA-I Exam 2012. But after this there is also Physical Standard eligibility criteria which are different for the Army, Air Force and Naval Wing. You can check it from the pdf file of NDA-NA Exam-I 2012 which you can get from the UPSC website http://www.upsc.gov.in or from the official website of NDA http://www.nda.ac.in or you can also get the complete information about it from this link http://upsconline.nic.in/NDAI-2012-E.pdf for complete information.

The Exam Date Notification:

Exam Name Date for Notification Last Date Exam Date

NDA & NA Exam-I 31.12.2011 30.01.2012 15.04.2012

NDA & NA Exam-II 05.05.2012 04.06.2012 19.08.2012

Procedure for Apply: There is only online method to apply the exam. You can apply by using http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php this link or go to the http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Fees: Candiates (excepting SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.

Or
The sons of serving/ex-Junior Commissioned Offcers/Non-Commissioned Officers/Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian avy/Indian Air Force are also not required to pay the prescribed fee if they are studying in Military School.

All the best
6th February 2012, 08:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Arts stream are applicable for NDA but only the Indian Army Post.

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year.

If you have completed 12th standard from recognized board with science department you are applicable for NDA exam.Commerce student are applicable for only Indian Army branch.

But your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable for NDA exam.You must have citizenship of India.

For more details about NDA exam CLICK HERE

EXAM PATTERN:-

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR NDA EXAM

BEST BOOKS FOR NDA EXAM

EXAM DATE FOR NDA I EXAM:-
  • Date of commencement of notification : 31-12-2011
  • Last date to receive completed application forms : 30-01-2012
  • Date of NDA I Exam : 15-04-2012

EXAM DATE FOR NDA II EXAM:-

• Date of commencement of notification : 05-05-2012
  • Last date for the receipt of completed application forms : 04-06-2012
  • Date of NDA II Exam : 19-08-2012
I have attached the NDA notification and NDA Question paper .So please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA NOTIFICATION 2012.pdf(97.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: doc Genral-ability.doc(61.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf NAVY-SOLVED-QUESTION-PAPER.pdf(95.5 KB, 83 views)
File Type: pdf NDA-Solved-Previous-Year-Question-Paper-2008.pdf(61.3 KB, 129 views)
File Type: pdf Solved-Papers-of-NDA-General-Ability-Paper---1.pdf(61.1 KB, 100 views)
6th February 2012, 08:45 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To became a NDA officer after 12th Arts you have to appear for NDA exam.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to three wings of NDA i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appeared for final 12th exam or pass from any stream from a recognised Central/State Board.

As you are from arts stream you can only be eligible to apply for Indian Army wing of NDA. There is certain physical standard and you should be physically fit to apply for NDA.

For more information you may log on to the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
6th February 2012, 01:13 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

After 12th or after graduation you can join Indian Navy.As you are a diploma graduate then you are also very much eligible for Indian Navy.See you have to take information from different newspapers and websites when the vacancies of Navy will come and according to this you can apply.
You can also apply for NDA. There generally two examination are held for NDA, one is NDA-1 and another is NDA-2.You can also attempt both this two exam.

For more details i.e. if you can apply and want to download previous year papers then you can visit the following websites :

http://indiannavy.nic.in
and
http://www.upsc.gov.in
and
http://www.freshersworld.com

all the best.
14th March 2012, 11:30 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

UPSC conduct NDA exam twice in year for three wings of nda Air force,Army,Navy & Navel Academy.you must have passed 12th class with 55% from a recognized university or college.Candidate should have Physics, mathematics, and Chemistry in 12th.Final year students in 12th class are also eligible to apply NDA.
good luck
31st March 2012, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

can i go in army from arts or commarce stream
1st April 2012, 01:46 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Nice to see that you are interested to apply for NDA.

To became a NDA officer after 12th Arts you have to appear for NDA exam.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to three wings of NDA i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appeared for final 12th exam or pass from any stream from a recognised Central/State Board.

As you are from arts stream you can only be eligible to apply for Indian Army wing of NDA. There is certain physical standard and you should be physically fit to apply for NDA.

For more information you may log on to the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in

For more information, visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th May 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

my d.o.b is 11/03/1993 can i gave nda exam
14th July 2012, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

an arts graduate presently working as an army paratrooper ---when and what exam can i give to be a commissioned officer?
6th June 2015, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

When i got 85% Or above marks in non.med stream in 2 then there is no need to give written test for n.d.a. it is true
23rd March 2016, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that the upsc exam paper will same for army appers and airforce,navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?