13th December 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in engineering college?

i am tensed about admission in government engineering college......please can you help me to give all details about it.....and i want detail about marks require for getting admission in govt.engineering college

14th December 2012, 09:47 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in engineering college?

If you want admission in government engineering college then be prepared to appear for the entrance exam. All government colleges across the country, only offer admission for B.Tech through lateral entry.

Till this year there were two major entrance exams for admission in government colleges.

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

However both will be scrapped from 2013 and would get replaced by ISEET entrance exam which has been announced by the Kapil Sibal. This exam is expected to soon be accepted by all states as well.

Already various states have decided to scrap their own entrance exam for engineering for ISEET. Here is the criteria that you should meet in order to appear for the ISEET entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. Must have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th board.

If you meet the criteria, then feel free to apply for the ISEET entrance exam. This is the simple criteria required.

Exam Pattern

ISEET Main:

The first paper would be ISEET Main. The duration of the exam would be 3 hours.

Reading Comprehension & Critical Thinking

Logical Reasoning

ISEET Advance:

The ISEET Advance would be the second paper that would also be conducted on the same day. The duration of ISEET Advance would be 3 hours.

Problem Solving Ability in Basic Science Subjects
14th December 2012, 11:10 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
Do not get tense. You need to concentrate on your studies, to get into a good government engineering college. Whether or not you will get an admission in any government college will entirely depend on the fact that how good is your joint examination. There are quite a lot of joint entrance examinations that are held in India to select candidates for engineering, those are, EAMCET, JEE, IIT, AIEEE. You can give any one that is appropriate considering your state board or your career. In the engineering examinations, mostly you have to concentrate on the subjects Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry. Only AIEEE allows Biology subject for engineering entrance examination. But the subjects that you need really to take care of are Physics and Mathematics. You can buy the book written by P.K Chakrabarty on IIT JEE Physice to get help in this regard. Having said all this, you will have to get a good rank (say within 100-500) to make it in a good government engineering college. The bigger your rank is, the lesser your chance becomes to make it in government engineering college.
9th February 2014, 11:16 PM
aniku97910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am tensed about admission in government engineering college......please can you help me to give all details about it.....and i want detail about marks require for getting admission in govt.engineering college
ya...if you got 95% marks in hsc,you will get goverment engg, college...maybe your caste is sc/st mean, you just got 80% marks only....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?