18th September 2013, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Army? I am 19 years old

my age is 19 ..i intrested in army job so i join in nda or not?

22nd April 2014, 12:08 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Army? I am 19 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nice to see that you’re interested in Indian Army Academy. But, being a 19 years old candidate you’re ineligible to apply for NDA Entrance Examination.

To appear in NDA Entrance Examination then the applicant age should be below 19 years at the time appear in NDA Entrance Examination.

Being a 19 years you’re eligible to apply for CDS Entrance Examination. But, you have to complete graduation course in order to apply for CDS Entrance Examination. So, If you have completed graduation then you’re eligible to apply for CDS Entrance Examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and this Examination is Organized by Union Public Service Examination .

You're Interested to apply for Indian Army Academy . Any stream bachelor degree candidates are eligible to apply for CDS Examination .

Any discipline candidates are eligible to apply for CDS Examination and there is No Specific Percentage of marks required for this Examination.

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Your age should be Not less than 19 years and Not More than 24 years and No Upper age relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates .

Applicant should be Physically as well as Medically Fit According to the Eligibility Criteria.

Notification for this CDS Examination 2012 was already over . The Notification for CDS Examination 2013 Published in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC ..

For More Information Please Click Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
9th May 2014, 08:14 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nice to see that you’re interested in Indian Army Academy. But, being a 19 years old candidate you’re ineligible to apply for NDA Entrance Examination. To appear in NDA Entrance Examination then the applicant age should be below 19 years at the time appear in NDA Entrance Examination. Being a 19 years you’re eligible to apply for CDS Entrance Examination. But, you have to complete graduation course in order to apply for CDS Entrance Examination. So, If you have completed graduation then you’re eligible to apply for CDS Entrance Examination. CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and this Examination is Organized by Union Public Service Examination You're Interested to apply for Indian Army Academy . Any stream bachelor degree candidates are eligible to apply for CDS Examination . Any discipline candidates are eligible to apply for CDS Examination and there is No Specific Percentage of marks required for this Examination. Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination. Your age should be Not less than 19 years and Not More than 24 years and No Upper age relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates . Applicant should be Physically as well as Medically Fit According to the Eligibility Criteria. Notification for this CDS Examination 2012 was already over . The Notification for CDS Examination 2013 Published in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC. For More Information Please Click Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
5th April 2015, 04:23 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

For becoming eligible to appear in NDA entrance exam,the candidate has to fulfill following criteria:-
* Candidate should be a citizen of India.
* Candidate age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years or as per the UPSC notification.
* The candidate has to appear in exam conducted by the UPSC,New Delhi twice in a year.
* The educational qualification is 12th class of 10+2 system of education or equivalent for Army and 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics for AF and Navy.
* Only unmarried candidate can apply for the exam.
6th April 2015, 11:50 PM
PK99310

sir
your age is 19 year right now and you want to go in indian army .so
of course you can be in army by using NDA
it's stands for national defence academy
age criteria for nda is 16.5 to 19 so a/c to this you are eligible .
and education qualification you must have passed 10+2
7th April 2015, 02:21 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Presently at the age of 19 years you are not eligible for NDA examination.

# The reason is that the age of candidate should be less than 19 years at the time of joining the National Defence Academy (NDA) but not at the time of applying for NDA examination.

# Now you have option to join the Indian Army through Open Recruitment Rallies conducted by Indian Army from time to time.

# Through Open Recruitment Rallies conducted by Indian Army, you can join following posts in Indian Army which are:

* Soldiers General Duty (GD)
* Soldiers Clerk
* Soldier Tradesmen

# Age limit fixed for above mentioned posts are:

* 17-21 years for Soldiers General Duty (GD)
* 17-21 years for Soldiers Clerk
* 17-23 years for Soldiers Tradesmen

# Required educational qualification:

* Matriculation for Soldiers General Duty (GD)
* Intermediate in any discipline with 45% marks for Soldiers Clerk
* Matriculation for Soldiers Tradesmen

# Candidate must be:

* Indian citizen
* Unmarried marital status
* Must be boy

# Must be physically, biologically and mentally good health. Must be away from any physical abnormality.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?