18th May 2011, 09:37 AM
weaver

How can I join Defense service? I've passed 12th std and doing B.Tech(ECE) from punjab

hi ,m rajdeep from punjab.i had passed out 12th n m doing b.tech(ece) from punjab tech uni.m nt intrested in doing this i want to do something for the country can i join defence ,nw?pls reply as soon as possible.i shall b very thnkful to u for ur this act of kindness.

24th April 2015, 12:35 PM
swarnali chaudhuri

Smile Re: How can I join Defense service? I've passed 12th std and doing B.Tech(ECE) from punjab

Hi,
To join Indian defence services following eligibility criteria is to be fulfilled:

1. The candidate has to be 10th and 12th passed with main subjects i.e. maths physics and chemistry

2. Minimum marks should be 70%.

3. The candidate should be within the age range of 16 to 19 years.

4. The candidates should have good eyesight and height

Satisfying the above conditions, you will have to undergo military training of 5 years to gain expertise and join defence services along with a degree in engineering.
thanks
regards
swarnali
30th April 2015, 08:36 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Defense service? I've passed 12th std and doing B.Tech(ECE) from punjab

You can join defense services on the basis of your 12th result through NDA exam. UPSC conducts this exam twice a year with the name;NDA I and NDA II

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

The criteria which has to be fulfilled to get admission in NDA are following:-

-The candidate has to clear the entrance exam conducted by UPSC.

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The selection process involves

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm.

-The Written exam constitutes of 2 subjects,

* Maths -300 marks

* General Ability Test-600 marks

The time duration for the written exam is 2 1/2 hours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?