3rd July 2015, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

How can i join Armed Forces on 12th basis? Is it possible to join Armed Forces after leaving BE course?

I am a first year BE student. I want to leave this BE course and join armed forces. How can i do it?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Armed Forces being 1st year Engineering student?
  2. How to join the Armed Forces after BDS? Eligibility criteria for getting into Armed Forces?
  3. In which entrance exam should I appear to join Indian Armed Forces if pursuing B.Tech(CSE)?
  4. How to join Armed forces if I am a student of class 12th? What is the procedure?
  5. What other exams besides CDS can an engineering 6th semester student give to get into Indian Army, Indian Navy or Indian Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Job opportunities for Pharma.D graduates in Armed Forces?
  7. Can I join Armed forces of India after completing 3 years diploma in ETC?
  8. How can I join Indian Armed Forces after completing diploma in mechanical engineering from HP Technical University
  9. Various way to join Armed Forces of India for Diploma holder?
  10. How to join Indian Armed Forces after studying in 12th computer science? What are the major engineering courses in Navy, Army and Airforce?
  11. What are the career options for me to join Indian Armed Forces? I am a student of mechanical engineering diploma
  12. How can I join Armed Forces as an officer after completing B.Tech?
  13. Is it possible to join Armed Forces with poor vision?
  14. Can I join IMA after completing MBA? Can girls join the armed forces?
  15. If a students age if 16+ with 12th pass then will he be eligible to apply for Armed Forces?
  16. Entries to join Indian Armed Forces as an officer with more than 85% in 12th with PCM?
  17. Is there any possibility for a non-science student to get recruited in Indian Navy or Air Force?
  18. How to join Armed Forces? Books to be referred for CDS?
3rd July 2015, 10:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i join Armed Forces on 12th basis? Is it possible to join Armed Forces after leaving BE course?

Yes, you can join in Armed Force after completion of your 12th standard. To join in Armed Force, you need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army/Navy/Air Force. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.
4th July 2015, 09:45 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i join Armed Forces on 12th basis? Is it possible to join Armed Forces after leaving BE course?

You can join Armed forces on 12th basis through NDA exam. NDA exam stands for National Defense Service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

NDA exam eligibility:

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized board in any stream to join Indian Army.

Your age should be between 16.5-19 years.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

You must be unmarried male candidates.

You must be citizen of India.

NDA exam Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Test
4th July 2015, 01:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Armed forces after the 10+2 educational qualification. To join the defence forces after the 10+2 you need to qualify in the NDA entrance examination.

NDA stands for the National Defence Services and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for the entrance examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board in any discipline.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19 years.

The examination is conducted in the month of April and September. The examination contains Mathematics and the General Ability.

So if you fulfill these criteria you are eligible to join the Armed forces. The examination is conducted in two stages as the Written and the SSB. Only after qualifying the written you are eligible for the SSB and after that for the services.

Other than this if you complete your graduation you are eligible for the CDS examination.

To get the information in detail visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
4th July 2015, 01:53 PM
mwh

Technical entry scheme(TES), FOR male 10+2 candidate 10+2 pass unmarried make candidate with physics, chemistry, and maths (PCM) WITH A MINIMUM of 70% marks and between the age 16.5 and 19.5 yrs are eligible for the grant of permanent commission in the army after 4 yr of technical military training with prescribed terms eligible candidate.
The candidate must have a 6/6 eye sight in each eye with or without glass and mininum height 157.5 cms with chest expansion of 5cms.
So, you are eligible for armed force
4th July 2015, 01:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a first year BE student. I want to leave this BE course and join armed forces. How can i do it?
You can join Armed Forces through NDA exam because you have completed 12th standard.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
4th July 2015, 02:44 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Having completed +2 you can join in Armed forces to serve the country by writing the entrance exams for it which is NDA Exam. You are satisfying the needed educational qualification for applying for the NDA Exam but there are certain other standards which are also needed to be satisfied.
  • Nationality
  • Martial Status
  • Age limit
  • Educational Qualification
  • Physical Standard

-> Nationality standard states, candidate should have citizenship in India

-> Martial Status needed is only unmarried male candidate is eligible for applying.

-> Age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 1/2 years

-> Educational qualification needed is completed +2 from a recognized school board of education.

-> Apart from all these candidate need to be physically fit.

The candidates are selected through:
  1. Written Exam
  2. Interview

The Written Exam will constitute 2 subjects, Maths and General Ability Test and maximum marks for Maths is 300 & General ability is 600. The total duration is 2 1/2 hours.

To know more information check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th July 2015, 10:38 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You can join Armed Forces after 12th through NDA exams. NDA stands for National Defence Academy. You can apply for NDA exams on http://www.upsc.gov.in.

Age-limits : 16-1/2 to 19 Years

Selection Procedure :

Written examination :
Mathematics is of 300 Marks
General Ability Test of 600 Marks
Total Marks : 900 Marks

SSB Interview :
After completion of Written exam candidate is called for SSB Interview.
Marks for SSB Interview : 900 Marks

Medical Exam: After selection in SSB Interview candidate is called for Medical Exams.

Yes, it is possible to join Armed Forces after leaving BE course, but make sure you fulfil the eligibility criteria.

Please find the attachment for NDA exam pattern.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA.pdf(105.8 KB, 11 views)
4th July 2015, 11:35 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The candidate can fulfill his dream to work in Armed forces after completing 10+2 or equivalent by various entries.

The details for the entries are given for Army, Navy and Air force.

The candidate should take the National Defence Academy (NDA) exam which is conducted twice in a year by UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be minimum of 16.5 years and maximum of 19 years.

* Candidate should have passed 102 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics.

* Candidates in their final year of 10+2 are also eligible to apply.

* Aspirant should be unmarried male candidate.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* Written examination.

* SSB interview.

* Medical fitness test.
5th July 2015, 02:39 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to join Indian Armed Forces. Kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility for Joining Indian army:

. You should be HS passed from a recognised University.

. Minimum marks should be 60% in both 10th as well as 12th.

. English should be one of the main subjects in your boards, i.e. in 10th & 12th and should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in it.

. You should be a citizen of India.

. You Should be unmarried at the time of applying for the exam.

. You must not have any Physical or mental disabilities.

. Your age should be in between 16.5 - 19 years

. Minimum height should be 157 cms

Yes, you can join Indian Armed forces after leaving B.E. course if you do fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
6th July 2015, 12:48 AM
pointer01

Hello Dear,
Yes, you can join the Armed force on the 12th basis. For this you have to apply for NDA exam. NDA stands for National Defence Academy.After selecting in NDA you will be selected for the interview. A candidate should be physically fit.
You can also join Armed Force after completing your BE.
All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?