30th March 2021, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Navy being an 11th PCB student?

Hi everyone, I am studying in 11th standard and I am interested to join Indian Navy. I have taken PCB stream, so how can I join Indian Navy? Please help me to know about this as soon as possible.

31st March 2021, 05:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Navy being an 11th PCB student?

Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in std 12th are not eligible to appear for NDA or technical entry after 12th.

The required eligibility to apply for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper.

So, you are not eligible for NAVY but eligible for Indian Army after qualifying in NDA examination .

For detail information about NDA examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2021, 08:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

If you opt for PCB group for your higher secondary school degree course then you will not be eligible for joining Indian Navy as an officer as for officer's entry in Indian Navy it is mandatory to have opted for Mathematics and Physics during Class 12th.

But, you can join Indian Navy as a sailor for which the minimum education required is matriculation (i.e; Class 10th) provided you satisfy other eligibility criteria for the entry.

For details regarding different career options available in India Navy along with their eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
31st March 2021, 09:28 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

You can join Navy as a Doctor or Nurse.

To join Doctor you have completed MBBS or BHMS .

To join as Nurse you must have completed BSc Nursing or relevant course.

You can find separate requirement for both post on official website of Indian Navy which is given below.
www.joinindiannavy.com
31st March 2021, 09:33 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

One can join Indian Navy (Indian army/Indian Air force) only after intermediate i.e, after 12th or being in 12th. For that candidate ( only men) can appear for NDA (national defence academy) held by UPSC twice in a year.
Aspirants need to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
2nd April 2021, 05:40 PM
stutiswet2

No, you cannot join Indian Navy if you hadn't passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as primary subjects. PCB candidates cannot join Indian Navy.

For NDA exam, only those candidates can join Indian Navy who had passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics.

For graduates who are planning to join Navy through CDS, they also should have completed engineering degree to be eligible for CDS exam. And to pursue engineering, you must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?