12th December 2020, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Steps to join Indian Navy for a 12th PCB student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I want to join Indian Navy. I am studying in 12th standard with PCB stream. How can I join Indian Navy? Please tell me about each and every steps for joining Indian Navy. Thank you in advance!

14th December 2020, 08:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join Indian Navy for a 12th PCB student?

The eligibility to appear for NDA ( Navy ) is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th with PCM as main paper.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in two stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2020, 08:17 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

PCB candidate can't join Indian Navy .

First requirement to join Navy is PCM combination in intermediate.

Candidate must have pass intermediate with minimum aggregate of 60% with PCM combination to join Indian Navy.
14th December 2020, 11:35 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join Indian Navy if you are a PCB background student i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Note that, whether it is Indian Navy or Merchant Navy, you must have passed 10+2 with PCM stream (i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) or PCMB stream (i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology), to be eligible for joining it.

As you are from PCB stream, so you cannot apply for exams like NDA and other defence exams.

However, you can apply for Army wing of NDA (as all stream candidates can apply for it).
15th December 2020, 05:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper from a recognised board are not eligible to join Indian Navy.

The eligibility to join Indian Navy after 12th is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th with PCM as main paper. The age limit varies with different recruitment examination.

You ate eligible to join Indian Army after 12th in PCB. For more information visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?