17th September 2013, 10:36 PM
akshay lipare

How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th with 46% in PCM

i want join merchent navy.i have passed 12th with 46% in pcm...to which courses should i apply to get job of best sallery....thank you....

18th September 2013, 02:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th with 46% in PCM

You can apply for the Merchant Navy. But the question is whether you want officer level job or not. As you may know that Merchant Navy deals in import and export. A large percentage of global trade is done via sea.

Since you have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, it is certainly possible to apply for the Merchant Navy.

You have the option to apply for deck cadet job in Merchant Navy. But please remember that the salary of deck cadet is not as good as for officers and you will also not get same perks like the officers get.

You will have to apply for the Deck Cadet job in various companies that are in field of Merchant navy. Once you are selected there will be 3 months long pre sea training which will prepare you for the challenges in the sea. After which you will be selected by the company. Generally this training is arranged by the company itself.

The other option is front of you is to continue with the studies and after completing graduation, you can apply for officer level jobs. The advantage is that salary is good and additional perks include bringing your spouse along on the trip.

Eligibility

1. You should have completed 12th standard.

2. Subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

3. Should be unmarried.

4. Both male and female can apply.

5. Age limit is 25 years.

6. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

If you meet the following criteria then you can apply for B.Sc Nautical Science or the Marine Engineering course.

You can also do B.Tech in Mechanical/Technology/Electrical to get job in Merchant Navy. But you will also have to do 9 months long pre sea course in Marine Engineering from MERI.
10th March 2017, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

I am a girl now studied in sybsc i want to join Indian Navy,then how to join ?
20th July 2020, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my study and i got 55% in all five subjects including PCM .
so, sir please tell me,i can get admission for officer level rank in merchant navy .
thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?