25th August 2013, 01:29 PM
abhi300

How can I prepare for GK and writing section?

Hi friends
I am Abhishek.Recently I have applied for upcoming IBPS PO,IBPS CLERK AND National insurance corporation ltd officers recruitment exams.But this is my first time.So I need a proper guidance, how to crack Gk section for those exams and which gk book should read to prepare.Also I want to know that which gk topics should cover.Also I need guidance for preparation of writing sections(essays,precis etc).
Please help me friends.
Thank you.

30th August 2013, 07:08 PM
reshma_p26
Member+

Default Re: How can I prepare for GK and writing section?

HELLO FRIEND,
FOR PREPARATION OF General Knowledge,I THINK INSTEAD OF REFERRING ANY BOOK,YOU SHOULD GO FOR ONLINE SEARCHES FOR CURRENT AFFAIRS AND GENERAL AWARENESS.
And FOR WRITING SECTION,YOU SHOULD GO FOR READING AS MANY BOOKS AS POSSIBLE,BECAUSE THE MORE YOU READ, THE MORE YOUR THINKING AND WRITING SENSE WILL GET BROAD.

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!
31st August 2013, 07:16 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for GK and writing section?

Rather than calling as GK, better it would if we call as General Awareness. This has become a part of many written Exams.

This is included to test the awareness of the candidate with regard to various current issues all over India.

Many of the candidates will get trobule to score more marks in this section.

Unlike Reasoning and Aptitude, if you do practice and leave, you can not get more marks in this General Awareness. Because current affairs are updated everyday.

To get more marks in General Awareness, you have to improve your knowledge in the following areas
National affairs
International affairs
Bilateral affairs
Persons in News
Sports
Awards
Books and Authors.

To get more knowledge on these areas is through
Reading daily News paper
Watching News channel regularly
Going through business magazines
and special magazines for General Awareness

I suggest you to go through
Banking Services Chronicle
Pratigyogita Darpan
Mahindra Publications Current affairs

These will provide you good amount of knowledge in the area of General Awareness.

Try to discuss the things that you learnt wtih your friends and other known persons so that you can get more points and you will not forget the things that you know.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?