13th December 2012, 02:35 PM
amitbrock095

How can I take admission in IIT after diploma in E&TC

Hallo!!!!
I m a diploma holding student ... after diploma In E&TC can I take admission IN IIT..HOW?..CRITERIA? ???

15th December 2012, 06:59 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I take admission in IIT after diploma in E&TC

Unfortunately a diploma holder is not eligible for the admission in IIT for graduation course (B.Tech). As per the rules of Indian Institute of Technology, there is no lateral entry admission which rules out the possibility of diploma holder applying for B.Tech in IITs.

The diploma holder seek admission for B.Tech through lateral entry. It means direct admission into the second year of Engineering. However this is not allowed in IIT. The Indian Institute of Technology only offers admission through entrance exam called IIT-JEE.

The criteria for IIT-JEE includes that candidate must have passed 12th standard with PCM subjects. Unfortunately diploma holders do not complete 12th standard. They take admission for diploma after 10th. This makes them ineligible for the IIT-JEE entrance exam.

Therefore the option of IIT is completely ruled out for you. Unfortunately same is the story for National Institute of Technology. You will not get lateral entry admission in NITs as well. The NITs accept candidates through AIEEE. Again the story is same as in case of IIT-JEE.

For lateral entry, you need to appear for entrance exam which is specifically for the candidates who have completed diploma course and now seeks lateral entry. The name is this entrance exam is Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET).

While NITs and IITs may not accept this exam. There are several universities that do accept it. LEET is conducted is various states across the country. You need minimum of 50 percent marks in diploma to appear for it.

There are various universities that would reserve some seats for the lateral entry students. You can seek admission in these colleges through LEET.

You can however take admission in IITs for M.Tech once you have completed Bachelor of Technology course.
23rd December 2012, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

If a candidate passed 12th at vocational exam and completed diploma ETCE, is the candidate eligible for IIT ?
please help.. Email:- [email protected]
29th November 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I TAKE A LATERAL ADMISSION INTO THE IIT THROUGH DIPLOMA OF MECHANICAL?
14th January 2014, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

diploma in electronics engineering i can take admission in aerospace engineering
12th April 2014, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Really i want to take admission in IIT but unfortunatly i'm doing diploma in mechanical branch.....is there any-any way please tell me

[email protected] (please inbox me answer in my id)
27th July 2015, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone plz suggest some good top level engineering college for computer science, after completing diploma in Computer science????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?