6th December 2015, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

How can I take admission in IIT Delhi?

sir i am pursuing BA (prog) from school of open learning. Now i want to take the admission in IIT in delhi. I get 61.25 percent in 12th sir please tell me how i take the admission in IIT

6th December 2015, 04:57 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I take admission in IIT Delhi?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and it is India's best institute for technical courses.

To get admission in institute candidate need to qualify in JEE examination to get admission. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recongised board.
Candidate must have PCM as main paper in 10+2.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidate have to qualify in both Main and Advance to get admission in IIT.

So, if you belong to science stream you are eligible to appear for examination. The application for 2016 examination is available online and for more information about examination is http://www.cbse.nic.in.
6th December 2015, 06:07 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can I take admission in IIT Delhi?

IIT which is a group of esteemed institutions and provide technical knowledge and courses is also known as Indian Institute of Technology. They are a dream for many students and are really hard to crack. It is highly reputed in the market and the quality of education that one gets from the IITs is very refined and valuable.

Talking of your case, as you have said you are currently doing B.A from School of Open Learning, there are a few eligibility criteria that you need to know in order to decide first whether you are eligible to study in IITs or not. They are:

I. B.Tech/Engineering:

1. You should be a minimum 12th pass/appeared and results awaiting student with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics compulsory in your 11th and 12th classes.

2. You should have obtained a minimum 60% marks in your class 12th boards without which you would not be eligible for IIT Colleges.

3. You have to appear for an entrance IIT-JEE i.e. Joint Entrance Examination to get admission into the IITs. This exam tests the candidates on various subjects namely PCM as said above and only upon clearing this would you be able to take up B.Tech studies in IITs.

II. M.Tech

Even for M.Tech you should be a minimum B.Tech from a recognized university with over 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Also note that you are required to appear for GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and crack it in order to get masters level admission in IITs and study there.

Thus, once you are done checking with the above, you have to realize that even if you are doing B.A right now is not a problem, however what you have studied in your class 11th and 12th as subjects would be the deciding factor for you.

IMP: Please note that a candidate can take only 2 attempts at IIT. One after you pass out of your 12th boards, and the second in the consecutive year only. If you have already missed that, there is no way you can get admission in IIT Delhi for any UG Technical course.

Of course there are other courses at IIT Delhi also. For more information, please Click Here.
6th December 2015, 08:01 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Here below the required eligibility conditions for IIT-JEE (Advanced) 2016 is briefly mentioned below.

# Prescribed age limit:

* Candidate of general category and OBC category should be born on or after 01.10.1991
* Candidate of scheduled caste or scheduled tribe should be born on or after 01.10.1986.

# Candidates are permitted only for two number of attempts.

# The percentage required for various categories is as follow:

* 5% for general category
* 27% for OBC-NCL category
* 15% for Scheduled Caste category
* 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe category
* 3% (horizontally) for Physically Handicapped category

# Important tentative dates regarding IIT-JEE Mains Examination 2016:

* Start of online submission of application form: 29.04.2016
* Deadline for online submission of application form: 04.05.2016
* Issuance of admit card: 11.05.2016 to 16.05.2016
* Date of examination: 22.05.2016
* Uploading of OMR Sheet and Answer Key: 05.06.2016
* Declaration of JEE Main Result: 12.06.2016
6th December 2015, 08:16 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

First of all the marks of 11th or 12th standard doesn't matter at the time of getting admission in IIT Delhi.

You just need to obtain good marks in entrance exam .You should score minimum 60% in IIT - JEE exam .

Mode of admission:- You need to qualify JEE mains & JEE advanced.

Admission are based on entrance exam.

Fee payment structure:- At the time of admission you will have to pay of Rs 14,000 approximately.The total fee depends on the course in which type of course you getting admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?