16th October 2012, 02:02 AM
Kathakali Dastidar

How to change my stream in M.Tech form IT/CSE to ECE? Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam?

I am presently a student of B. Tech. in IT stream, I am interested to change my stream in M. Tech. from IT/CSE to ECE. So am I eligible to sit for GATE exam. in ECE stream? Is there any restriction or not?

15th December 2012, 09:39 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to change my stream in M.Tech form IT/CSE to ECE? Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam?

Hello,
This is not possible right in the middle of your B.Tech. or after B.tech. for that matter. You will have to do B.Tech in EEE or ECE to go for this particular M.tech. I understand that M.Tech. in ECE is far more lucrative, but always M.Tec. has this restriction, where you have to go for that particular M.Tech only which you have done your B.Tech on or to which you have done your B.tech related to. B.Tech IT is in nowhere related to B.Tech ECE. See ECE stream is itself very powerful, whether it is B.Tech or M.Tech. So why don't you go for a double graduation and do B.Tech. in ECE after B.Tech IT. If you want you can join a job and then go for a distance level B.tech ECE. That way you will have an IT sector job in your hand and along with it you can continue a graduation in your aspired line. After you pass out, you can opt for jobs in chemical companies and core industries. So right now, concentrate on your current graduation. Make it a success. Join a company in your last year through online campus recruitment and then go for a distance graduation.
13th June 2013, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to change my stream in M.Tech form IT/CSE to ECE? Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam?

hello ,
i completed my under graduation in civil engineering. is it possible to do post graduation in aeronautics in iits?? please reply bcoz im preparing for gate 2014.
7th March 2016, 07:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I have M.tech in aerospace while I have done my B.tech from mechanical
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?