8th February 2013, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

How to do B.E after completing diploma in electronics and communication?

i have completed diploma in electeinic and communication and i want to do B.E what is the procedure .did i want any job experience or not

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission after DIP? I am studying diploma in electronics and communication
  2. What should I do after completing diploma in electronics and communication engineering?
  3. How to get a good job after completing diploma in electronics and communication engineering
  4. How to study diploma in sound engineer after completing diploma in electronics and communication engineering
  5. How can I get a job in abroad after completing diploma in electronics and communication?
  6. How to do IPS after completing diploma in electronics and communication?
  7. Which course should I take after completing diploma in electronics and communication?
  8. What should I do after completing diploma engineering with branch of electronics and communication
  9. How to study B.Com after completing diploma in electronics and communication
  10. Can I apply for Indian Air Force after completing diploma in electronics and communication
  11. List of best engineering courses after completing diploma in electronics and communication? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to join Air force after completing diploma in electronics and communication
  13. How to do B.E after completing diploma in electronics and communication?
  14. Which course can I join after completing diploma in electronics and communication?
  15. After completing my diploma in electronics and communication what can I do?
  16. Can I get a job after completing diploma in electronics and communication
  17. What to do after completing 3 years diploma in electronics and communication engineering -- [New]
  18. Can I get admission in government colleges after completing diploma in Electronics and Communication? I have passed 3rd year diploma
31st March 2013, 10:39 AM
krrishh_002

Default Re: How to do B.E after completing diploma in electronics and communication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed diploma in electeinic and communication and i want to do B.E what is the procedure .did i want any job experience or not

hi there,

Many people having a doubt what to do after completion of diploma and how to get a B tech/B E from recognized university.

Firstly, Is any Job Experience required?

No! Not at all, if you want to pursue B E/ B tech no need of any job experience you can directly get a seat into B tech through LEET examination.

LEET examination is for diploma holders to get into Engineering colleges for BE/ B tech through counseling procedure after getting a rank.

A Diploma holder gets directly into 2nd year of B tech and 3 yrs of course he has to complete.

Secondly,

If you want to do job in certain condition then also its not at all a problem, you can do job if you want and when even you feel like higher studies go for LEET exam.

Better first do B.E/ B Tech then have experience directly as Engineer.

ECE branch is having a lots of scope , a evergreen branch of Engg.

All the Best!!

29th July 2013, 08:51 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do B.E after completing diploma in electronics and communication?

Diploma holders have the option to join engineering through lateral entry scheme. Universities/institutes conducts lateral entry entrance test for admission. Usually diploma holders with a minimum of 60% marks are preferred. Thapar University, LPU, etc offer lateral entry admissions through entrance exams. No prior work experience is required to join engineering degree.
29th July 2013, 12:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You don't need any job experience to apply for the Bachelor of Technology course. You have two ways to get admission for the B.Tech course after having completed diploma course.

First procedure is lateral entry admission. The lateral entry is given in second year of B.Tech course. You will not be required to do first year. The lateral entry is very common for the diploma holders.

You will have to apply for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) to get admission in the B.Tech course through lateral entry. The lateral entry test is conducted in various states and to appear for it you must have 60 percent marks in the diploma course.

There are other entrance exams for lateral entry. Some colleges prefer to conduct their own written test to offer seat through lateral entry. In some colleges the candidates who have scored well in diploma are given direct entry without any entrance exam.

The second procedure is to appear for Joint Entrance Exam. Drawback here is that you can't get lateral entry admission. But on the upside, you can take admission in Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institutes of Technology.

Both these institutes are considered finest for B.Tech in India. But unfortunately none offers admission through the lateral entry admission. Therefore you must appear for Joint Entrance Exam which has replaced AIEEE and IIT-JEE from 2013.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should complete 12th from recognized board.

2. Subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

3. Diploma holders are also eligible for it.

4. Your age should be less than 25 to apply.

5. SC/ST can apply up to 30 years.

6. You will first appear for JEE Mains which is replacement of AIEEE.

7. The top 150,000 are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.

8. JEE Advanced is conducted for the IIT.
29th July 2013, 03:31 PM
nim@1990

Dear,

Yes, you can do your B.TECH in electronics and communication after completing your Diploma in electronics and communication.

List of best colleges providing B.TECH in electronics and communication

1 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi(DL)

2 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur

3 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mumbai

4 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur

5 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Chennai

6 International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad

7 Institute of Technology - Banaras Hindu University (IT-BHU) Varanasi

8 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati

9 Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani

10 Bengal Engineering and Science University (BESU) Shibpur

11 ICFAI University Dehradun (UK)
19th August 2013, 03:36 PM
singh soorme
Junior Member+

Talking Re: How to do B.E after completing diploma in electronics and communication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friend,

For getting admission in Engineering after completing your Diploma course,first off all you need to fulfill the following eligibility conditions
  • Diploma course must be completed by you with minimum 60% marks in Engineering from a recognized State Board of Technical Education.
  • You must not have any backlog left.
  • Your age must not be more than 28 years

If you fulfill the above conditions then you are eligible for Lateral entry admissions,next you need to find out the College,so below is the list.

Most prestigious Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions on the basis of Entrance Test are:

Punjab University,Chandigarh.

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.

Guru Gobind Singh IP University,Delhi.

Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.

Harcourt Butler Technological Institute,Kanpur.

On the basis of your rank in the Entrance test,you will be allotted a particular branch.There are some Colleges which offers admission on the basis of Entrance Test,whereas some offers admission on the basis of Merit

Most prestigious Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions directly on the basis of Merit are:

Government College of Engineering,Pune.

Punjabi University,Patiala.

Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.

KIITS University,Orrissa.

Chitkara University,Chandigarh.

Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology,Delhi

Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Noida

Delhi Technological University,Delhi.

Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology,Delhi.

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana

DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.

SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.

Chandigarh Group of Colleges,Chandigarh.

Documents required during Lateral entry admissions:
  • 10Th DMC.
  • 12Th DMC(If applicable)
  • PDC(Provisional Diploma Certificate)
  • Character Certificate.
  • Migration Certificate.
  • Residence Certificate.
  • Medical Certificate.

After choosing College,you need to go for counselling and make sure that you carry the above documents during counselling.

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?