11th March 2010, 11:46 PM
Mini.Eapen

How do I write the National Aptitude Test for Architecture?

How do I write the National Aptitude Test for Architecture? Please advise. Thanks

12th March 2010, 02:41 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: How do I write the National Aptitude Test for Architecture?

well dear friend The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is an aptitude test that measures the talent of the applicant. i.e the aesthetic sensitivity, critical thinking that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. in this NATA exam what is required to be kept in mind is given above you need to follow those instruction to score good in the exams...
wish you good luck and success..
all the best once again,, bye take care...
12th March 2010, 11:03 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility : 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board/University with Mathematics as a subject of examination with the least 50% aggregate marks.

NATA is given from 1st March 2010 till 30th September every year at designated Test Centers.

The details of Test Centers and NATA registration shall be made available at www.nata.in or www.niasa.org in due course.
21st March 2010, 11:13 AM
pritirai

hi

visit
http://www.architectureaptitude.com/nata/?gclid=CNjRgcKQyaACFcdA6wodglZg8A
http://www.brdsindia.com/

all the best
22nd March 2010, 02:10 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

for more information visit to the following websites
www.nata.in or www.niasa.org

www.architectureaptitude.com/nata/?gclid=CNjRgcKQyaACFcdA6wodglZg8A

o k
all the best
15th April 2010, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

is it necessary 2 attend d classes 4 NATA
28th April 2010, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

may i knw the proceedure off nata
25th July 2010, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

where books avaible for enterance test of nata
31st July 2010, 09:16 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend you need to write for nata exam:
the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national level examination for admission to undergraduate courses in Architecture. NATA is conducted by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA) which is a body of Council of Architecture, New Delhi. NATA is without doubt the most important exam for architecture aspirants. Most of the universities and institutes including the state level universities provide admission to their undergraduate courses through NATA scores. Every year a large number of candidates appear for NATA.

After NATA the further admission process is conducted by the institutes/universities/admission committees who use NATA scores for shortlisting candidates for admission. NATA can be given at any day from 1st January to 30th September every year at designated test centers across the country based on a prior appointment. Candidates can appear for NATA as many times as they want.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidates should have passed class 12th with Mathematics as a subject or done diploma from a recognised institute/university/board with atleast 50% aggregate marks in 12th/diploma. Candidates with International Baccalaureate Diploma having 50% aggregate marks and Maths as a subject can also apply.

How to Apply:

For appearing in NATA candidates have to fill a pre-registeration form which is available at the NATA website www.nata.in and also at the designated test centers. List of test centers is available through the link: NATA Test Centers. Candidates then have to take an appointment from the test center by paying the test fees. Candididates will be finally given receipt cum appointment voucher with date and time from the Test Center.

Examination pattern and syllabus:

NATA is conducted in two parts: Paper based drawing test and Computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test. Paper Based Drawing Test is of two hours consisting of two questions with one question containg two sub questions. Computer Based Aesthetic Sensitivity Test is an adaptive test of two hours consisting of 40 Multiple Choice Questions.There is no negative marking. These tests measures candidate’s drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability.

Here is a link for sample test: Sample Test

Contact details:

Council of Architecture
India habital Centre, Core 6-A, 1st Floor, Lodhi Road, New Delhi- 110003
Tel: 011-24648415, 24654172,
Fax: 011-24647746
E-mail: [email protected]
8th August 2010, 01:12 PM
prathamesh22

NATA Application Form 2010 - Tuesday, February 16, 2010

NATA Application Form is available for download in the documents section of this website.

The completely filled forms along with the DD and necessary documents should be submitted at the Test Centers from 1st March 2010.

best of luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LinkClick.pdf(20.9 KB, 112 views)
23rd August 2010, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

PLEASE TELL ME ONLINE STUDY MATERAIAL FOR NATA EXAM .., IS THERE ANY IMPORTANCE FOR 12 TH MARKS IN NATA EXAM .., CAN I WRITE NATA EXAM BEFORE 12 TH BOARD EXAMS.., WHAT ARE THE BEST BOOKS FOR PREPARING NATA EXAM .., YOURS - "SONIA"
15th February 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a student appearing for class 12,2011 write the Nata before the results
17th April 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

please give me the date of nata test 2011
3rd July 2011, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

I AM AT PRESENT EDEXEL A2 LEVEL WHICH IS EQUIVALENT TO 12TH STANDARD AND COMPLETING THIS BY MARCH,2012. i WOULD LIKE TO APPEAR FOR NATA ENTRANCE EXAMINATIO. i AM ELIGIBLE FOR WIRITING THIS EXAM.
8th September 2011, 07:58 PM
tanmayeetripathy

The national aptitude test in architecture (nata) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.

You can appear for nata exam. No specific age limit is there for exam.
You need to clear entrance exam, the exam is conducted between january and september every year.

Syllabus

nata syllabus or main contents of nata tests are as follows:-

section-a

architects and their works
architectural awareness
architectural terminology
awareness of persons, places, buildings
design and drawing of geometrical/abstract shapes
historical and contemporary buildings of architectural importance
identifying commonly used materials and objects

section- b

aesthetic
analytical reasoning mental ability
creating dimensional compositions
development of 3 dimensional objects
elements of design
elevations and 3d views of objects
generation of plan
principle of design, harmony, balance
sensitivity and drawing skills
theory of colors
visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects

section- c

freehand sketching of objects and activities commonly seen in the rural or urban/suburban context
scale and proportion

eligibility criteria

the educational qualification needed for admission through nata is a pass in 10+2 or its equivalent. Students appearing for +2 exams can also attend nata. For b. Arch or b. Planning aspirants need to have mathematics as mandatory subject with minimum 50 % marks in aggregate at +2. Aspirants with international baccalaureate diploma with 50% total marks and mathematics as a topic can also apply. The applicants must be a resident of india. They must have attained minimum 17 years as on july 1st of the ensuring year of the test. Mental and physical fitness of the aspirant needed while the admission is taking place.

Procedure to apply:-

applicants who are appearing for the nata have to fill-in a pre-registration form. The form is available in the official website. They will get a project from the examination center once they pay the examination fees. After that, the applicants get the receipt and the appointment verifier with informations of the time and date from the examination center. The fees of nata is rs.800. It can be paid at the time of registration. Another option is to be paid before the collection of the appointment voucher. Applicants can pay the fees by dd or cash.

Online application:-

the pre-registration form can collect from the website of nata. Those who are applying through online can download it from the website. The site address is http://www.nata.in.
6th October 2011, 11:55 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

NATA stands for national aptitude test in architecture, its a national level entry exam for the students who seeks to have an admission into B.TECH(Arch) as a course study.

NATA is offered over major part of admission season at designated Test Centers located at colleges/schools of architecture in India.
Updated list of Test centers is available at the website
http://www.nata.in

NATA can be given on any working day till 25th September every year at designated Test Centers. However, some test centers may stop conducting tests even before this date. Please check with the center before you go for registration.

These Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
So do apply as soon as possible.
All the best.
3rd January 2013, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

where can i get the material for preparation of NATA, are there any tuitions around in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?