29th April 2014, 12:13 PM
dhana lakshimi

How to do IAS exam after completing 12th?

I am completed my 12th std ................... I want to do IAS exam ......................... weather I can do the IAS exam after 12th std

11th June 2014, 12:46 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do IAS exam after completing 12th?

There is no Entrance Exam called IAS Exam for the candidates to be place in IAS.

Instead there is a single common written exam for the candidates to be placed in any of the civil service like
IAS
IPS
IFS
IRS etc.

The Entrance Exam is Civil Services Exam which is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

The complete selection procedure will be
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Here is the eligibility criteria to apply for this Exam.

Academic Qualification :
One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

No minimum percentage of marks are required in Graduation in order to apply for this Exam.

Age criteria :
You should be in the age group of 21-30 years to apply for this Exam.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

As you have completed only 12th class, I suggest you to opt for Graduation in the stream which you are interested and make most out of it.

Carry out preparation for this Exam from the very beginning of your Graduation and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?