23rd August 2013, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Can we do IAS after completing BSc and MSc

hi sir please help me for doing IAS what we can do can we do IAS after completing B.sc and M.sc or after completing 12th can we apply for IAS and for IAS what education is needed please help me sir
Thank u and reply soon for my question
send me email on [email protected]

1st May 2014, 02:18 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can we do IAS after completing BSc and MSc

Yes you can go for it. For eligibility part, aspirants need to be graduate and age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms.
There is mainly three stage qualification process. Students opt for intensive coaching program. The best coaching centers for IPS has experienced faculty, and a committed management. They offer courses like i) UPSC Mains -Quality Enrichment Program (QEP), PSI/STI/Assistant exam courses. UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions.
4th May 2014, 07:10 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

You did not clearly mention the highest level of academic qualification that you have. Hope it is 10+2.

Having completed 10+2, you are not eligible to become IAS officer as the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to be placed in IAS is Graduation.

You don't need to finish B.Sc and M.SC in order to apply for IAS. Graduation with any of the stream makes you to be eligible to apply for this Exam.

So, I suggest you to opt for Graduation in the stream in which you are interested and where your knowledge and skills are better utilized.

Make sure that at least one subject of your stream should be there in the list of optional subjects for Civil Services Exam.

Civil Services Exam is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in all the civil services like
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Revenue Service etc.

The selection procedure comprises of
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

The nationality of the candidate should be India and one should possess an age of 21-30 years to apply for this Exam.

Start preparation for this exam from the very beginning of your Graduation and make sure that you should be strong enough in all the aspects of the written exam by the time you complete your Graduation.

Apply for this exam as and when you complete your Graduation and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
20th June 2018, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm in 2nd year with physics hons and my question is..
Will interviewer ask question from physics specialy or not.
Which subject should I read more and more?
10th September 2019, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

I'm in 2nd year Msc physics. Am I eligible to attend civil service exam...?..
19th September 2019, 11:05 AM
aakashjaiin

Yes, you can. Even I am an MSc student. Also, I prepare for IAS at Dhyeya IAS Bhubaneswar branch since 2 years...
19th September 2019, 11:13 AM
aakashjaiin

Yes, you can. Even I am an MSc student. Also, I prepare for IAS at Dhyeya IAS Bhubaneswar branch since 2 years...
21st June 2020, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Should I pursue MSc or go for UPSC preparation after BSc? I will complete my graduation at 20
1st March 2021, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Is I am eligible for applying IAS preliminary if I am passed my MSc physics from BITS
11th June 2021, 10:58 PM
Afreen0786

Yes you can do IAS after completing BSC and MSC
But not after 12th you must have graduated degree,

You can choose to do engineering or B.Sc degree

The minimum age to appear for IAS Exam is 21 years.

IAS means (Indian Administrative Service ).
17th June 2021, 12:27 AM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

Yes you can do IAS after completing BSC and MSC.

IAS eligibility:

The candidate must be citizen of India.

The candidate must hold a graduation degree from a government-recognized university.

In their final year or awaiting results, candidates are also eligible to appear for UPSC preliminary Examination

Age limit 21 to 32 years.

Number of attempts: 06 (general and EWS), 09 (OBC), SC/ST(Up to age limit).
18th June 2021, 07:16 AM
kkiran0318

Yes, you can go for it. For the eligibility part, aspirants need to be graduates,s and the age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms.
18th June 2021, 10:33 PM
vivek712

hello dear ,
firstly you will have to do graduation.after that you are eligible for the IAS exam.
this exam requires only graduation (in any field )as minimum qualification to fill the eligibility criteria.
all the best dear.
19th June 2021, 02:42 PM
Nazish Naz

Having completed 10+2, you are not eligible to become IAS officer as the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to be placed in IAS is Graduation. You don't need to finish B.Sc and M.SC in order to apply for IAS. , one of the prestigious jobs in India . The basic requirement for appearing in this examination is that you must have to graduate from any stream. UPSC (IAS) welcomes all graduates who are interested in civil services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?