6th February 2012, 11:47 AM
Umesh Tadvi

How to do MCA course being a candidate from B.Com stream?

I am a b.com student,i want to do mca, how?

it is easy for me ..????

6th February 2012, 01:42 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to do MCA course being a candidate from B.Com stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umesh Tadvi View Post

it is easy for me ..????
Dear Aspirant ,

B.com course totally differ from MCA course . So it's difficult to do MCA course for Commerce student . But If you work hard then definitely you get good percentage of marks in all semester . Mostly some reputed colleges are not give admission for MCA course for Commerce candidates . So , you having very less chance to get admission for MCA course.

MCA :- Master of Computer Application . The duration of the course is for two years and the course is divided into four semester .

1. For you should qualified in Bachelor degree like BCA :- Bachelor of Computer Application / B.sc Bachelor of Computer science etc..

2. You should score Minimum 60% percentage of marks in Bachelor degree .

3 . You should have Mathematics and Computer science as a Major subjects in bachelor degree or 12th board Examination

4. The Institution may conduct entrance Examination as well as Interview within the colleges . You should crack the entrance examination with good percentage of marks then only you may admission for MCA course .

Some College our country may also give admission for Commerce stream candidates also , Please try apply for that kind of Colleges .

Best MCA Colleges in India :-

• Vellore Institute Of Technology
  • Jawaharlal Nehru University
  • Bharathiar University
  • National Institute of Technology
  • Hyderabad Central University
  • PSG College of Technology
  • Birla Institute of Technology
  • Banaras Hindu University
6th February 2012, 02:06 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

MCA - MASTER IN COMPUTER APPLICATION is a post graduation course of total two years duration divided in to Four semesters.

As a candidate from Commerce stream it is very difficult for you to cover all subjects in MCA as is totally technical one, different from Commerce stream. Anyway if you can able to manage you can be admitted to MCA course.

The eligible candidate should be a graduate in Computer Application or from Computer Science stream with at least 60% marks and should have Mathematics in 12th for other bachelor degree graduates, can apply for MCA.

Some top institutions of MCA conducts entrance exam for admission to MCA. So being a Commerce graduate you can apply for MCA through entrance exam.
4th March 2012, 01:49 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

MCA :- Master of Computer Application . The duration of the course is for two years and the course is divided into four semester .

1. For you should qualified in Bachelor degree like BCA :- Bachelor of Computer Application / B.sc Bachelor of Computer science etc..

3 . You should have Mathematics and Computer science as a Major subjects in bachelor degree or 12th board Examination

4. The Institution may conduct entrance Examination as well as Interview within the colleges . You should crack the entrance examination with good percentage of marks then only you may admission for MCA course .

Hyderabad Central University
PSG College of Technology
Birla Institute of Technology
Banaras Hindu University
26th May 2012, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

i've jst passd my hsc by 61% n nw m interestd in doing bsc.it.... but m a commerce student ...so is it possible 4 me to do dis? Plz rply me ....its really important
16th January 2013, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

bcom student cannot do mca
17th January 2013, 12:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

My friend, no course is easy. You will have to work hard regardless of what course you choose. But since you are commerce student, MCA would be difficult for you since it is quite different from your course.

You are commerce graduate while MCA is a post graduation course that deals in various aspects of computers like:

Programming Languages

Application Software

Networking

System Management

Hardware Technology

After completing Master of Computer Applications you can apply for job in IT companies. The MNCs like Infosys, Wipro, Microsoft, HCL etc hires MCA candidates. However they will look into your academic performance starting from 10th standard.

MCA Eligibility

1. Must have completed graduation in any stream.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. You should have Maths as one of the subjects in either 12th or graduation.

MCA Entrance Exams

To get admission you will have to appear for entrance exam. There are various national and state level MCA exams:

ICET

AIMCET

MHA MCA CET

TANCET MCA

JECA

VIT

OJEE

BIT
17th January 2013, 01:07 PM
babanpreet

To do MCA,the eligibility criteria is Graduation with Maths but now some universities also take admission to students Graduation without Maths.

As you have done B.com,it is not easy task for you to do MCA as you are from non Computer background .But work hard
18th January 2013, 01:15 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:

it is easy for me ..????
Dear Aspirant ,

B.com course totally differ from MCA course . So it's difficult to do MCA course for Commerce student . But If you work hard then definitely you get good percentage of marks in all semester . Mostly some reputed colleges are not give admission for MCA course for Commerce candidates . So , you having very less chance to get admission for MCA course.

Some College our country may also give admission for Commerce stream candidates also , Please try apply for that kind of Colleges .

Best MCA Colleges in India :-

Vellore Institute Of Technology
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Bharathiar University
National Institute of Technology
Hyderabad Central University
PSG College of Technology
Birla Institute of Technology
Banaras Hindu University
27th February 2013, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student studiying in 12th standard...what i can choose BCA or Bcom...is MCA possible after bcom?or i have to do BCA after my 12th..i am from surat..please provide me information of colleges in surat and admission information.....
27th February 2013, 04:15 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

it is easy for me ..????
Yes you are eligible to pursue MCA after completing graduation. To know more about the criteria please read the information written below:-

MCA stands for Masters in Computer Application. It is a post graduate degree of three years' duration. The course has been divided into three semesters. While the first one aims at developing your base the second to fifth semester consists of core subjects and elective subjects. The last semester requires students to do lots of project works.

To get a job in the IT industry which everyone is after these days you can for MCA since after engineering MCA students stands a chance to get lucrative jobs in this sector. This course will help you get better knowledge about the latest programming language and tools.

To do this course you need to be a graduate first since its a post graduate degree. You need to get minimum 50 percent of marks at undergraduate level to study this course. If you are a final year student then also you can apply for this exam.

In class 11 and 12 you should have mathematics as one of your compulsory subject. In case you dont have mathematics you can still get admission in some selected colleges provided you have 55% of more at UG level.

There is no all India entrance exam for MCA so you need to shortlist some of the colleges where you want to apply and search about their admission process. Most of the well known colleges prefers to take an entrance exam though some even private colleges gives direct admission by seeing your UG marksheet as well.

Some popular MCA Entrance Exams are:-
  • All India MCA Common Entrance Test
  • Banaras Hindu University
  • West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA
  • Jawaharlal Nehru University
  • Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
  • Punjab University MCA Entrance

No specific entrance exam pattern is there as such to follow. It again varies from one college to the other. But mostly objective questions will be asked and stress on the following sections needs to be given:
  • Mathematics
  • Computer Awareness
  • Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning
  • General Awareness

Hope this helps
27th February 2013, 08:26 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

MCA is easy or not we talk latter first let see the eligibility criteria for MCA and condition to apply for the MCA course .

Full form of MCA is Master of Computer Application and this course is divided into Six Semester and duration of course . It is one of the demand course in the IT Sector and top MNC Companies . If you are having good programming and Technical Skills they are ready to pay the lakhs of rupees for per annum .

MCA is full of computer application and development of the software and the programming . MCA subject like programming , concepts of different software in the Systems , Some paper of hardware related like Microprocessor and you having the Statistical and Mathematics foundation of Computer papers ...etc and some elective papers . In final year you have a project in your Six semester.

Eligibility Criteria for MCA Course ::

The candidate must have a compulsory having the bachelor's degree course from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and must secure at least 60% marks for General candidates and 55% for reserved categories .

Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can apply for the MCA entrance examination but one condition distance and correspondance bachelor's degree holders can not eligible to apply for the MCA entrance examination . There is no age bar .

Important Thing :: The candidate must have a mathematics as compulsory subjects at 12th level examination OR graduation . If you do not have a this subject definitely you are not eligible to apply for the MCA course Particularly entrance examination .

If you are got the MCA course through Management quota then also you will definitely face some problem in duration of course . Anna University and Other Universities are strict about the Mathematics as compuslory subject at 12th level examination .

This year AICTE says that Mathematics as Mandatory subject at 12th level examination .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?