13th October 2012, 01:36 AM
aayush shukla21

How to do training in CS if I am a final year B.Tech student

i am final year b.tech student with cs branch d i want my 8sem training in tcs.....so plz provide me guideline..

14th January 2016, 07:46 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to do training in CS if I am a final year B.Tech student

Computer Science is one of the best subjects to study at this time. Everything is moving towards the IT Revolution and the world has actually witnessed a lot of changes in the past couple of decades. Thus, the trend in IT seems to follow really well and would definitely go a long way.

If you are a computer science student, you are sure to have a lot of opportunities in the job market. This is because already a lot of jobs are available for people who wish to make a career in IT.

It is true that doing training from top MNCs help however, I think 8th semester is too late to do any sort of training. This is because of the fact that most people gear up for the placements that time and there is hardly any company offering internships that time. Moreover, the semester exams, project work and all make the 8th semester a hectic one.

However, if you still think you can manage doing internships then you must go for the subjects that are very much in demand or would be in demand in the coming days. Some of the top skills to have are coding in languages C, C++, Java, OOPS Concept, Big Data Analytics, .NET etc. Please take up some training on these programming languages to get hands on experience. Doing these would also help you big time in fetching good jobs in top IT MNCs across the country or even abroad. But you need to have good hold on these programming skills.

As far as getting an internship in TCS, I would say that no MNC grants training to students like this. You need to have some sort of contacts or personal relatives/friends in the company already that can suggest your name for the apprenticeship.

Also note that every college gives a letter of purpose kind of a thing to every engineering student so that he/she can go and apply for internships to various companies that are open for it. Thus, I would also urge you to get that letter of intent from your college administration department and then apply to various companies including TCS for internships or trainings.

You may also contact the TCS Head office to know more if they have any openings for trainings/internships in their company. You may follow this link to reach the Contact Us Page of TCS Website and drop a note their about your internship request. They may get back to you depending on various factors.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?