28th July 2012, 09:55 PM
anupghosh

How to get admission in 2nd year after completing diploma in civil from Sridevi Technical institute at Tumkur

my son got diploma in civil from sridevi technical institute at tumkur. i want get him admission to 2nd.year ,BE in any govt.or standard private college in karnataka.pl.guide.thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I take admission in B.E 2nd or 1st year after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  3. Can I get admission in 2nd year diploma(Civil) in MSBTE after passing 12th with 56% without technical?
  4. How to get admission in B.Coma after completing diploma computer engineering course from Technical Education Board Gujarat
  5. Diploma in Civil Engineering from Institute of Civil Engineering India? -- [New]
  6. What is the procedure to take admission for degree course after completing after diploma?
  7. How to join NDA after completing diploma? I am studying civil diploma 2nd year in ICE
  8. How should I join AMIE course after completing diploma in civil engineering from Tumkur Government Polytechnic? Where to submit the application form?
  9. Can a candidate be eligible to get direct admission into 2nd year of B.Arch after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  10. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  11. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  12. Can I give AIEEE after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering? AIEEE will give me admission in 1st or 2nd year?
  13. How to get admission for civil engineering? I have scored 70% in civil engineering diploma
  14. How to get direct 2nd year admission for B.Tech after Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  15. Can I get admission in B.E. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Biotechnology?
  16. Can I join in 2nd year for B.E Civil after completing diploma in Mechanical
  17. Admission in Architecture after completing diploma Interior Designing?
  18. Can I get admission in B.E Civil after completing Architectural Assistanceship(Diploma)?
13th October 2012, 01:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in 2nd year after completing diploma in civil from Sridevi Technical institute at Tumkur

Okay I am writing down what your son should do to get admission. First of all what you should keep in mind is that not all government colleges offer admission to lateral entry candidates. A simple example would be Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and the National Institute of Technology (NIT).

Your son want admission in the second year of B.Tech. This is only possible via lateral entry scheme. This scheme is only valid for diploma and Bachelor of Science students. Only these students can take admission in the second year of B.tech course.

This process is known as lateral entry scheme. Most of the Engineering colleges in India offer lateral entry scheme. There is a reservation of upto 10 percent in various colleges in India for lateral entry candidates. You son can seek admission in these colleges.

However there is a eligibility criteria. Your son must have passed diploma in engineering with at least 50-60 percent marks. The process of admission is quite different from normal procedure to seek admission for B.Tech.

Your son is not suppose to appear for entrance exams such as:

IIT-JEE

BITSAT

UPSEE

AIEEE

ISEET

These exams are not for lateral entry and can only be taken after completing 12th. Since your son went for diploma after 10th, he is not eligible for these exams. The entrance exam you son will have to give is LEET. This exam is conducted in various states.

There are various colleges that offer admission on merit as well. They invite students for counselling instead of entrance exam. If your son has scored well in diploma course then he can apply for direct admission without having to give any entrance exam.
13th October 2012, 05:22 PM
azhardon

Default Re: How to get admission in 2nd year after completing diploma in civil from Sridevi Technical institute at Tumkur

hi,
Okay I am writing down what your son should do to get admission. First of all what you should keep in mind is that not all government colleges offer admission to lateral entry candidates. A simple example would be Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and the National Institute of Technology (NIT).

Your son want admission in the second year of B.Tech. This is only possible via lateral entry scheme. This scheme is only valid for diploma and Bachelor of Science students. Only these students can take admission in the second year of B.tech course.

This process is known as lateral entry scheme. Most of the Engineering colleges in India offer lateral entry scheme. There is a reservation of upto 10 percent in various colleges in India for lateral entry candidates. You son can seek admission in these colleges.

However there is a eligibility criteria. Your son must have passed diploma in engineering with at least 50-60 percent marks. The process of admission is quite different from normal procedure to seek admission for B.Tech.

Your son is not suppose to appear for entrance exams such as:

IIT-JEE

BITSAT

UPSEE

AIEEE

ISEET

These exams are not for lateral entry and can only be taken after completing 12th. Since your son went for diploma after 10th, he is not eligible for these exams. The entrance exam you son will have to give is LEET. This exam is conducted in various states.

There are various colleges that offer admission on merit as well. They invite students for counselling instead of entrance exam. If your son has scored well in diploma course then he can apply for direct admission without having to give any entrance exam.
4th November 2012, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

May i take admission in 2nd year polytechnic after completing my 1st year in mech. engg.
14th June 2013, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

can I get admission in second year msbte civil after second year msbte computer
12th August 2013, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

SIR, i complete my diploma from MSBTE & nw i want to do B.E. from karnataka university ,
so it is possible to get a job after done a B.E. from karnataka university!!!
plzzz rply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?