22nd March 2011, 09:26 PM
iyer111

How to get a job in Indian Embassy Abroad? Any entrance exam to be answered?

hello
i want to know , how to get job in indian embassy in abroad? is there any exam

24th March 2011, 06:20 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: How to get a job in Indian Embassy Abroad? Any entrance exam to be answered?

Look, there is no specific walk in interviews for such jobs.
The only way to join the Indian High Commission in foreign countries is through diplomatic routes.

First of all you need to become an Indian Foreign Service Officer, that is you need to work in The Indian Foreign Service.

It is quite similar to the IAS, for which the entrance exam is same as the IPS and IAS, i.e the Civil Service exam.

The minimum eligibly for the Civil Service exams is:

1.Age Limit:

Minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of the exam.

Also Upper Age limit is 30 years(relaxations for SC/ST,OBC accordingly to government rules).

2.Educational Qualifications:

A Graduate in any field can apply for the exam.
Also, students in the final year of the course which qualifies them as graduates can apply.

3.Maximum Permissible Attempts:

General:4
OBC:7
SC/ST:No limit.

The Civil service exam for the year 2011 will be held on 12th June 2011, and unfortunately the last for applying have just passed on 21st March, so you cannot apply this year.

However, you can appear for the same the next year and become an IFS officer and then you can get a post in the Indian Embassy in foreign countries through promotions and performance.

For details, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
4th May 2011, 06:08 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to get a job in Indian Embassy Abroad? Any entrance exam to be answered?

Job in Indian Embassy can be get by only single service that is IFS(Indian Foreign service)

as you know IAS,IPS,IFS are the most prestigious jobs in the country

and also having the common examination called CSE(Civil Service Examination)

the basic eligibility criteria for IFS is

IFS is an central service and also deeply regarded as d most prestigious job..

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

This is the option selected after the IAS and IPS so it is easy to get job in the IFS domain.

Regards

~AdityA~
4th May 2011, 06:38 PM
Tushar93

Cool Re: How to get a job in Indian Embassy Abroad? Any entrance exam to be answered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyer111 View Post
hello
i want to know , how to get job in indian embassy in abroad? is there any exam
Hello Friend,

You can get a job Indian embassy by clearing civil services exam and securing a job with Indian Foreign Services.
Age limit:- 21 to 30yrs relaxable for SC/ST
Minimum educational qualification:- bachelor's degree in any stream
For details visit www.upsc.gov.in

OR

Clearing SSC (Staff Selection Commission) LDC's examination and securing a job in Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Educational Qualification:- 12th pass
For details visit www.ssc.nic.in

Best Of Luck
4th May 2011, 09:41 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to get a job in Indian Embassy Abroad? Any entrance exam to be answered?

1.Age Limit:

Also Upper Age limit is 30 years(relaxations for SC/ST,OBC accordingly to government rules).

Also, students in the final year of the course which qualifies them as graduates can apply.

9th May 2011, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get a job in Indian Embassy Abroad? Any entrance exam to be answered?

how can we get job in ministry of foreign affair?
13th May 2011, 04:14 PM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: How to get a job in Indian Embassy Abroad? Any entrance exam to be answered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can we get job in ministry of foreign affair?
Well Friend,

You can get a job in ministry of foreign affairs by....

1. Clearing Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC each year. Through this yu will be alloted IFS(Indian Foreign Services) cadre.
Age limit- 21 to 30 yrs
Educational Qualification- Graduate in any feild
for details visit www.upsc.gov.in

2. Clearing SSC(Staff Selection Commission) Exam. You will then become a LDC(Lower Division Clerk) in Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Educational Qualification- 10th pass
for details visit www.ssc.nic.in

Best Of Luck
20th June 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Does a person who failed in one subject at main exam in 2 level and passed the exam at supplementary in the same year..! can apply for the civil service exam after completion of graduation with 60% marks..?
22nd June 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

hello.. i m 31 year old.. i have done M.SC.
so i wana know as i m eligible for the job of embassy?
2nd September 2011, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

hi!! I have done PGDM in marketing with 3 years of experience in CRM , any scope/possibility to get a job in embassy for muy carrer..
14th September 2011, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

I have done BBA I wonna to get job in embassy in overseas m schedule caste candidate tell me the method to get job in foreign
16th September 2011, 09:08 PM
Tushar93

Smile Re: How to get a job in Indian Embassy Abroad? Any entrance exam to be answered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done BBA I wonna to get job in embassy in overseas m schedule caste candidate tell me the method to get job in foreign
Well,

For securing a job in embassy abroad you have to clear civil services exam and join Indian Foreign Servies (IFS).
For civils services exam
Age limit- 21 to 30 yrs, upper limit extendable upto five years for reserved categories.
Educational Qualification - Graduation

for details visit www.upsc.gov.in

Good Luck
6th October 2011, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

HEY I HAVE DONE 12 TH WHAT FURTHER SHOULD I DO GET A JOB IN AMBASSY IN FURTHER?
6th October 2011, 08:38 PM
sidbond

To join the Indian Embassy, you will have to join as a Indian Foreign Services Officer(IFS). IFS is a subcategory under the Civil Services and therefore, you need to qualify the UPSC Civil Services exam to get in.

UPSC Civil Services Examination

The basic criteria that is required as educational qualifications are

Minimum Educational Qualifications :The candidate must hold a degree of any of universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Candidates who have appeared at an ex-amination the passing of which would render
them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination.

coming to age you should have minimum 21 years and not exceed 30 years in case of
general applicant.
if you are OBC applicant then you can attempt till 33 years
if you are SC/ST applicant then you can attempt till 35 years.

Number of attempts is limited to 4 for general candidates, 7 for OBC candidates, and
unlimited for SC/ST candidates.

IFS is not an exam ., It is a service.
To get job to this service you have to clear a examination called Civil service exam.
This exam is conducted by UPSC : Union Public Service Commission.

This exam is conducted every year.
Usually the notification for this exam is released in the month of December or January.

One will get the information about notification and other details in main national dailies and also in some special dailies like Employment news papers .also the information about every exam which is conducted by UPSC will be present and updated in the official website.

coming to optional subject selection you can select the optional subjects of your choice according to your tastes and preferences and also based on your educational background .
Note you have to select the two optional subjects from the list of optionals which are provided you to in the Notification.

There will be common syllabus for level 1 exam i.e., CSAT
only optional subjects are for Mains exam.

Please refer to the attachment for complete details on this issue. You can also visit upsc.gov.in for notifications.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Brochure.pdf(346.2 KB, 10384 views)
6th October 2011, 11:01 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

Dear friend,

Job in Indian Embassy can be get by only single service that is IFS(Indian Foreign service)

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

This is the option selected after the IAS and IPS so it is easy to get job in the IFS domain.

Regards
13th October 2011, 03:15 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

Regards

~AdityA~
13th October 2011, 03:48 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

Regards

~AdityA~
12th November 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

i an an Indian citizen living in germany. I want to know, how i got job in indian embassy ? I think for office job, IFS exam. is not necessary.

Best Regards
es
2nd December 2011, 07:51 AM
Unregistered

How can i get the job in indian embassy and what should i do for this job
8th December 2011, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

i am interseted working as a commerical attache in the indian embbassy,i have 27 years experience of inernational marketing & law with B.Sc. & LL.B. & diploma in inernational marketing from indore university.please advice thanks
20th December 2011, 06:38 PM
satyajit7572

how Much % Require For IFS Exam?
10th January 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

What's the criteria or the option to go in Indian Foreign Services after one clears the Civil Service Exams? Is only Graduation degree enough to get job in IFS ABROAD or you should have masters degree? Please help
1st April 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

this is important to pass civil service exam for getting job in indian ambassy? Is there any other way of getting job in indian embassy?
8th September 2012, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

In service the hight effect are
10th November 2012, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

I am graduate in french language(I have no other degree),how can i get a job in france?
10th November 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

I am graduate in french language(I have no other degree),how can i get a job in france?
10th November 2012, 09:49 PM
irshad.a
Senior Member+

1.Age Limit:

GOOD LUCK...
18th December 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

without upsc exam pass cant get job in indian embassy abroad by direct ifs exam? i mean first fill upsc than pass exam and when will result declaired after we can fill foam ?
14th June 2013, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

i hve done my gradutation with 46 percent bt may PG is with 60 percent..tell me plzz i m eligible for civil service exam
16th November 2013, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.COM. from DU and an Advance diploma in french. If I want suitable job in Indian Embassy for the post of translator or intrepreter then what would be the minimum requirements? How can I apply for this job?
25th March 2014, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

i want to get any type of job in foreign country and i am only 12th pass
14th November 2014, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi I want to know if an M.A holder in journalism and mass communication have any job opportunities in Indian embassy or any other foreign embassies.
12th February 2015, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Can we get job in Indian embassy after clearing SSC CGL or SSC CHL exam
And what are facilities Indian govt. Provide For Indian embassy employees..........please ans soon
24th June 2015, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I just want to ask that is there any job opportunity for a post-grad in French language, the one who is 30 ??

or no??
11th November 2015, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

I have done M.SC in Nutrition and Dietetics and right now I m 31 will.I be eligible for applying to work in indian embassy in usa
9th June 2017, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Is there any other job in Indian embassy for that IFS is not necessary..... Plz advice me.
19th December 2020, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to give UPSC to get job in Indian embassy abroad?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?