22nd February 2010, 02:54 PM
nikhil bali

How to get a job in merchant navy after mechanical engineering? Any entrance test which I have to answer?

sir/madam i am in last semister of engineering .i am persuing engineering in mechanical engineering.Tell me how i get job in merchant navy.Is there any entarance test for it. please tell me my contact no. is +91 9028514834

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. What is the qualification required to apply for Merchant Navy job? -- [New]
  3. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  5. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  6. What is the procedure followed to get into merchant navy after diploma?
  7. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  8. How can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? Information regarding the Entrance Exam for this?
  9. How to join marine from 2nd year?
  10. Procedure to join Merchant Navy for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  11. Best institutes for doing Merchant Navy after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Date of the entrance exams?
  12. How to join merchant navy after B.Tech in mechanical?
  13. How to become a marine engineer after my B.E?
  14. Best course that can be pursue after diploma in mechanical engineering to get a decent job in Merchant Navy?
  15. How can I get a job in Merchant Navy? What are the requirements of marine engineering?
  16. How to get a job in Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering with 62%
  17. Is merchant navy comes under private sector? What are the steps followed to apply for the job in merchant navy?
  18. What should i do after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for finding a better post in Merchant Navy?
5th September 2011, 09:09 PM
sanju38121

Default Re: How to get a job in merchant navy after mechanical engineering? Any entrance test which I have to answer?

Yes, surely you can join the merchant navy as cadet engineer after graduation.

The merchant navy is a non combatant commercial fleet, which deals with transporting cargo and also passengers by sea, a maritime career is full of adventure and long voyage to different countries.

For more details about entrance exam go to
www.merchantnavy.info/

gud luck
regards
6th September 2011, 11:20 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Default Re: How to get a job in merchant navy after mechanical engineering? Any entrance test which I have to answer?

Dear student,

direct entry to merchant navy is also possible - students who have completed their 12th with pcm (physics, chemistry, mathematics) are eligible to join as deck cadets and a student holding a bachelor's degree in mechanical/ electrical/ technology engineering could also join the merchant navy as a engine cadet/ fifth engineer/ junior engineer. Direct entry deck cadets are required to undergo basic pre-sea training arranged by the recruiting company itself and the direct entry engineering cadets are preferred to do a pre-sea course of 9 months duration in marine engineering conducted by the meri.

Candidates need to be intelligent, intuitive, willing to work as a team, flexible, patient; have a liking for solitude, willing to live apart from loves ones for long stretches of time. Those opting for a career should not be sea sick.

Good luck..
7th October 2011, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

I was complete diploma in mechanical n now m dng b.tech in mechanical.plz tell me after btech.how to entery in navy.???
12th November 2011, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

M pursuing be wid mech branch....which type of xam i hv to face 4 merchant navy..n hw to prepare 4 dat..?
31st July 2012, 03:53 PM
goutamkhatri

sir/madam i am in last year of engineering .i am persuing engineering in mechanical engineering.Tell me how i get job in merchant navy.Is there any entarance test for it. please tell me my contact no. is +91 8003838000
31st July 2012, 03:55 PM
goutamkhatri

sir/madam i am in last year of engineering .i am persuing engineering in mechanical engineering.Tell me how i get job in merchant navy.Is there any entarance test for it. please tell me my contact no. is +91 8003838040
1st August 2012, 12:12 AM
savan kumar chaitanya

The merchant navy is a non combatant commercial fleet, which deals with transporting cargo and also passengers by sea, a maritime career is full of adventure and long voyage to different countries.

www.merchantnavy.info/
23rd August 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my mechanical engineering in 2011 and i m presently of age 24 .sir i want you to ask that can i go for carrier in merchant navy? if yes what r the things i have to do ?
11th November 2012, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

how to get job after mechanical engg ..
12th November 2012, 12:11 AM
azhardon

www.merchantnavy.info/

gud luck
regards
12th November 2012, 12:13 AM
Austin DC K1

Merchant Navy recruits Marine Engineers in the engine department of their commercial ships and vessels. There is no require of engineers other than Marine Engineers which is huge seperate engineering course than engineering in any other discipline including Mechanical engineering.

So actually you cannot enter in the field of merchant navy on the basis of mechanical engineering. But that doesn't imply that are no more eligible for merchant navy. You can join deck side as a seaman or deck cadet for which you'll have pursue courses like BSc in marine science and similar courses which are of duration from six months to three years. These depends upon the type of job that you're purposed to join. Other than this your age, eye sight, marital status, colour blindness may influence a alot.
12th November 2012, 09:35 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely apply for the job in Merchant Navy. Candidates who have completed Mechanical Engineering are eligible for the direct entry in the merchant navy. Therefore you are eligible to apply.

Merchant Navy which I believe you would know, deals in the cargo transportation. Most of the international trade is done via sea. This transportation of crude oil and heavy machinery in particular is done via the sea.

Here is what you need to do. Please check the criteria.

Eligibility

To get a officer level job, candidate is required to complete B.Sc in Nautical Science or B.Tech in Marine Engineering.

1. Must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.

2. The age limit for admission in B.Tech should be 20 years.

3. There is some relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

4. Only unmarried male and female candidates can apply.

5. There are some phyiscal requirements like minimum of 150cm of height, 6/6 vision etc.

Direct Entry

There is a possibility to get direct entry into Merchant Navy for the candidates. Please read carefully below.

1. You must have completed B.Tech in Mechanical, Electrical or Technology.

2. Your age should not be more than 28 years.

If you meet the criteria then there are several jobs for you in the merchant navy. Candidates with B.Tech degree in the streams mentioned above will have to go through 9 months pre sea course in marine engineering from the MERI.
21st January 2013, 09:19 PM
nikhinaya

Merchant Navy which I believe you would know, deals in the cargo transportation. Most of the international trade is done via sea. This transportation of crude oil and heavy machinery in particular is done via the sea.
Eligibility

To get a officer level job, candidate is required to complete B.Sc in Nautical Science or B.Tech in Marine Engineering.

1. Must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.

2. The age limit for admission in B.Tech should be 20 years.

3. There is some relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

4. Only unmarried male and female candidates can apply.

5. There are some phyiscal requirements like minimum of 150cm of height, 6/6 vision etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?