18th June 2012, 04:12 PM
rasmi singh

How to get an officer job after doing PG in life science?

I am a housewife.I have done postgraduation in lifescience.Now i want to but in teaching field .I want a office job.Pls suggest some good career options.I am 33 years old.Is doing MBA or SAP course is good for me? Please help.

29th June 2013, 11:43 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get an officer job after doing PG in life science?

You have the option to join as Reseach Fellow. For this profile, the upper age limit is 28 years. This is relaxable for reserved category candidates. Similar profiles like Project Asst or Research Asst can be opted. SAP course is suitable for candidates with background in CS/IT. MBA course can be opted, if interested in managerial jobs.
9th April 2023, 05:14 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: How to get an officer job after doing PG in life science?

Getting an officer job after completing a PG in life sciences can be possible through several ways. Here are some possible paths you can take:

Government jobs: One of the most common ways to get an officer job in the life sciences field is by applying for government jobs. You can search for job openings in government organizations such as the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), National Institute of Biologicals (NIB), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), etc. You can also appear for various exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) or state-level public service commissions, such as the State Public Service Commission (SPSC) exams, which offer officer-level jobs in various departments of the government.

Private sector jobs: Many pharmaceutical companies and biotech firms recruit life science graduates for officer-level positions. You can search for job openings in the career section of their official websites or through various job portals like Naukri, Indeed, etc.

Research organizations: There are many research organizations in India and abroad that offer officer-level jobs for life science graduates. You can apply to organizations like the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), etc.

Higher education: You can pursue higher education in life sciences by enrolling in a Ph.D. program. This would allow you to work as a research officer in various academic institutions or research organizations.

To increase your chances of getting an officer job, you should also try to gain practical experience by working on research projects, internships, or volunteer opportunities related to your field of study. This would help you gain the necessary skills and experience required for officer-level positions in the life sciences field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?